Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cow Do X (EZE) - Aug 29th - Sep 01, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2014, 2:09 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Post Cow Do X (EZE) - Aug 29th - Sep 01, 2014

This year it took longer to fix the dates for this Do, but after having given Folks the chance to chime in on date preferences, I have decided to continue in the tradition and can confirm we will be business as usual... so this now 10th consecutive Cow Do will be held over the US Labor Day Weekend.

For those that don't know this Do, its a gathering of FTers from around the World in Buenos Aires (EZE), where the theme is to have fun, collect miles and hotel stays, eat Beef and drink Wine. The order of importance of these is variable, depending on who we are talking about....

In any event, an better idea of the history & tradition of this Do can be found in all the previous Master Threads for this event, here are a few links for those that care to read up....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...ghlight=Cow+Do

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...ht=Cow+Do+VIII

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...ht=Cow+Do+VIII

For those open to considering coming down, please post your interest here so we can start the initial planning. The main events for this do include a couple of Group Dinners, Charity Wine Tasting Events, and some day trips that can be Montevideo, Colonia, and even more remote destinations like Iguazu or Mendoza. The Do events are open to all, and there are no great formalities during this weekend... some come down for just the weekend, others stay longer, the idea is for all those interested (you are welcome to have your non FTer friends join) to come down at their own pace and have a good time.

I look forward to once again being part of this FT tradition and hope to have a nice group of both newbies and regulars for another round of Dead Cow, Malbec and more.....

Cheers from EZE,
Gaucho100K

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Feb 2, 2014 at 2:14 pm Reason: add links to previous Do threads
Old Feb 2, 2014, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Schedule of Events.....

Friday August 29th

1300hs (1PM) - welcome lunch at SottoVoce
Sottovoce Libertador
Av. del Libertador 1098 (cross street is Ayacucho)
http://www.sottovoce.com.ar/

2030hs (830PM) - Official Opening Dinner - La Dorita
La Dorita
Humboldt 1892 (cross street is Costa Rica)
http://www.parrillaladorita.com.ar/

Saturday August 30th

1100hs (11AM) - Charity Wine Tasting Event
Marieta Restaurant
Cerrito 22
Requested Donation AR$350 (Pesos) per person

1330hs (130PM) - Group Lunch - same venue as Wine Tasting Event
Marieta Restaurant
Cerrito 22

2000hs (8PM) - Group Dinner @ Pura Tierra
Pura Tierra Restraurant
3 de Febrero 1167
Belgrano - Capital Federal
Tel. +54 (11) 4899 2007
http://www.puratierra.com.ar/english/index.html

Sunday August 31st

Day Trip to Colonia, or nearby Estancia/Gaucho Ranch - (booking and arrangements to be made by each traveler)

For those that stay in Buenos Aires....

Group Lunch at 1330hs (130PM) - Don Julio (Grilled Dead Cow & more)
Don Julio
Guatelama 4691
http://www.parrilladonjulio.com.ar/nuevo_ubicacion.html

Group Dinner at 2030hs (830pm) - Morelia (Grilled Pizza & More)
Morelia Las Canitas
Baez 260 (cross street is Arevalo)
http://moreliarestaurant.com/en/contacto

Monday September 1st

1100hs (11AM) - 2nd Charity Wine Tasting Event
Marieta Restaurant
Cerrito 22
Requested Donation AR$350 (Pesos) per person

1400hs (2PM) - Group Lunch - Fervor (Land & Sea Grill)
Fervor
Posadas 1519 (cross street Ayacucho)
Recoleta

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Aug 30, 2014 at 7:53 am
Old Feb 2, 2014, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

List of Participants / Interested FTers - updated as of Mar 08th, 2014

Confirmed and Ticketed - [16]

- genemk2
- MSPeconomist
- AFAM-DFW
- timid_trnchcoat
- lili
- MsEverywhere
- ysolde+1
- violist
- soupxxxx+1
- Xelint+1
- BoboVespa
- Crazy4Birds

- Gaucho100K

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Aug 27, 2014 at 2:27 am Reason: update participants / confirmations
Old Feb 2, 2014, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

(reserved for schedule details C)
Old Feb 2, 2014, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Monday September 1, 2014 is USA Labor Day, so this is Friday through Monday, right? It would help to know what events are scheduled and when on Friday and Monday.

Also, will there be something organized before August 29, perhaps Mendoza wineries or an excursion to the Falls?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Thumbs up

Please count me as 'very likely'. Still do not have my schedule - and it might take some time to - but it is great that dates are fixed already so I can plan around them.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingCow
Please count me as 'very likely'. Still do not have my schedule - and it might take some time to - but it is great that dates are fixed already so I can plan around them.
Amazing !!! Welcome aboard...
Old Feb 2, 2014, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Mendoza option....... (?)

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Monday September 1, 2014 is USA Labor Day, so this is Friday through Monday, right? It would help to know what events are scheduled and when on Friday and Monday.

Also, will there be something organized before August 29, perhaps Mendoza wineries or an excursion to the Falls?
Yes, correct.... the main events start on the Friday before the holiday, folks usually come in on Friday but there are always a couple of early-birds, this is of course entirely up to each participant. Same goes for departures, most do leave on the Monday with one of the PM flights, others are know to exit on Sunday or extend their stay for additional side travel, etc.

The organization of Mendoza or Iguazu is not fixed at this point, but I am available for consultation, advice and assistance to those that require it. There will not however be an official planning/booking of any side trips, as this is more apt for a full time travel professional and IMO its best if each person makes his/her own travel arrangements.

Having said the above, if there is "critical mass" for a Mendoza side trip, before or after this Do, I can certainly consider coming along and getting the red carpet rolled out here and there, but those interested in this would have to get together soon and commit to certain dates so that I can make things happen.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, IHG Plat
Put me down as probable i.e. doing my best to be there. As it's the 10th Cow Do I may extend the trip and take in Mendoza this time work permitting.

Will likely see you in Bs. As. before then especially if AA repeat their biz fares from last year.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Nohandle and Pbjag will be there if "life" cooperates this year.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 5:25 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Penciled in!
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:04 pm

Please put me in as a probably +1.

We are also interested in a trip to the falls, either before or after the main do.

Also, which hotel is usually the "Do" home base?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW
Please put me in as a probably +1.

We are also interested in a trip to the falls, either before or after the main do.

Also, which hotel is usually the "Do" home base?
Excellent.

This Do has no "official" hotel, but history shows that the usual suspects are favored by most attendees... so think all the SPG Properties, the Hilton in Puerto Madero, the ex-Marriott Plaza is also a popular address, and also the Park Hyatt and the InterContinental have known to house various FTers during their visits here.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kokonutz
Penciled in!
Cool !!!! It would be great to have one of the true FT legends honor us with his presence at the 10th anniversary of this Do..... ^
Old Feb 3, 2014, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kokonutz
Penciled in!
koko konvinced me to pencil this in too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.