Search

Ann Arbor Art Fair DO 10 (DTW)- July 19-20, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2014, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
add me to wait list.

What is the host hotel, read up thread that it is a HI? Which one?
No host. This just HIX happened to have a Pointsbreak:

BELLEVILLE (AIRPORT AREA)
BELLEVILLE, MICHIGAN
Old Jan 13, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA Premier-1K, DM,SM,BA,AA & SPG
Please add me to the wait-list too. Thank you
Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA platinum, HA platinum, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG
Please add me +1 to wait list. Summer fares are outrageous from HI (yes, know I can look for award travel but will need to work on PQMs), but I've been wanting to do this for years. Also, found out that one of my favorite yoga teachers has a studio close by.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:58 pm

Waitlist

Could you please add me to the waitlist as well?

Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2014, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by stravels
Please add me +1 to wait list. Summer fares are outrageous from HI (yes, know I can look for award travel but will need to work on PQMs), but I've been wanting to do this for years. Also, found out that one of my favorite yoga teachers has a studio close by.
It doesn't help you with United, but the Delta Plat card ($125?) gets you a companion voucher upon the anniversary that can be used for a RT in the 48 contiguous only, with the exception of if you live in Hawaii. Mighty nice for those with a Hawaii address.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 12:56 pm

Would Love to Attend

Please add me to your wait list. Haven't been back to Ann Arbor in a while and would love to attend. The art fair has grown since my days as a student!

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Please put me down, thanks. Always a great event.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by restonva
Please add me to your wait list. Haven't been back to Ann Arbor in a while and would love to attend. The art fair has grown since my days as a student!
You were a student there too? BTW, we loved the Neon Graveyard in Vegas. Your blog was the one that first told me about it.

-----

Thanks to the folks who added info about Point Breaks. That aside, can anyone who is local suggest a hotel/motel near the A2 Library that might have free parking? I'd like to drive as little as possible during Art Fair and my local knowledge is very old. I know I can google it but advice from those who know already is always good too. Thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWA44
You were a student there too? BTW, we loved the Neon Graveyard in Vegas. Your blog was the one that first told me about it.

-----

Thanks to the folks who added info about Point Breaks. That aside, can anyone who is local suggest a hotel/motel near the A2 Library that might have free parking? I'd like to drive as little as possible during Art Fair and my local knowledge is very old. I know I can google it but advice from those who know already is always good too. Thanks.
There are two high end hotels downtown, I doubt with free parking. One is Campus Inn.

Many will probably stay across State street from Briarwood Mall in hotel row. There is a shuttle from Briarwood to the art fair.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Bikeguy
There are two high end hotels downtown, I doubt with free parking. One is Campus Inn.

Many will probably stay across State street from Briarwood Mall in hotel row. There is a shuttle from Briarwood to the art fair.
Just the info I needed. I don't think there were Briarwood shuttles way back when we lived in A2. I think I'll make some reservations that allow cancellation and then check out PointBreaks when it comes. Thanks, Bikeguy!
Old Jan 15, 2014, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, National, Sixt
Please put me on the waitlist... I can drive from CLE...
Old Jan 16, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Please add me to the waitlist.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Would like to be added to the waitlist. Thanks ^
Old Jan 18, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Just booked a room at the friendly confines of the Ann Arbor Sheraton. Hope to repeat the fiesta from the last Saturday of teh DO in 2013!

Hey bikeguy, can we ask the library to crank-up the aircon in that room this year?
Old Jan 18, 2014, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theblakefish
Just booked a room at the friendly confines of the Ann Arbor Sheraton. Hope to repeat the fiesta from the last Saturday of teh DO in 2013!

Hey bikeguy, can we ask the library to crank-up the aircon in that room this year?
We can try. Or maybe bring a fan.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 11:38 pm

Programs: United 1K; AA EXP; Delta Plat Medallion; Starwood Plat
Can you please add everybody's favorite Spartan from Columbus to the waitlist!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.