Search

Belgian Beer Festival DO IV in BRU, April 26-27, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by malmostoso
I find Zythos too crowded so I won't be joining for that, but I definitely will go to the Night of the Great Thirst. Closer to the date we can arrange how to meet!
Hope you can make it.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I have an acquaintance who works for Brussels Airlines. He may be able to get us 15%-off coupons. PM me if that airline's routing/fares are interesting to you.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

My contact at Brussels Airlines says he is happy to provide 15%-off codes. However, it's that airline's flights only, no codeshares.

As I understand it, you'd have to fly from IAD or JFK only (from the US).
Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Turns out my wife and I are going to be in Brussels at this time and hope to do a day at ZBF. We have yet to do one of these FT Do's. Are they open to everyone? Is there a protocol I should be aware of?

Thanks.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Michilander
Turns out my wife and I are going to be in Brussels at this time and hope to do a day at ZBF. We have yet to do one of these FT Do's. Are they open to everyone? Is there a protocol I should be aware of?

Thanks.
Open to all, attend as much or as little as you like. If you like, I will put you down as confirmed.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Jan 23, 2014 at 7:48 am
Old Jan 22, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Open to all, attend as much or as little as you like. If you like, I will put you down as confirmed.
Yes, please. If you keep count, there will be two of us.

Will there be an opportunity of all of us to meet each other (although, I see that some of you already know each other)?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Michilander
Yes, please. If you keep count, there will be two of us.

Will there be an opportunity of all of us to meet each other (although, I see that some of you already know each other)?
I'll add you to the list; welcome aboard.

Yes, most of us already know one another; majority are from the Chicago area.

If you are there before the weekend, we probably would meet somewhere for dinner, beer, and/or frites, or just general walking around.

Friday night in Eizeringen is not to be missed if you can make it. Best sour beers in the world at a festival in a little town sort of out in the country. Someone once told me that there is not even an ATM there.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Jan 23, 2014 at 7:49 am
Old Jan 29, 2014, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA
If anyone is looking to use AA miles to get to BRU, availability on AA metal just opened up ORD-LHR when I was looking earlier today.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Its official, Rollins party of 2 have booked their tickets. Arrival Thursday the 24th, returning Monday the 28th.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arollins
Its official, Rollins party of 2 have booked their tickets. Arrival Thursday the 24th, returning Monday the 28th.
I knew it! Staying at the aloft again?
Old Jan 31, 2014, 6:18 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I knew it! Staying at the aloft again?
Probably, the last few years prices where 55EUR, this year its 87EUR. I'm also looking at the Rad Blu by the main train station, that will save a lot in transfer time and EUR back and forth to the Schuman station, its pricing at 127EUR, or 44k night redemption. Will see, I presume you guys are at the Marriott?
Old Jan 31, 2014, 6:48 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus; American Advantage; Marriott Rewards; Hilton Honors
Probably, the last few years prices where 55EUR, this year its 87EUR. I'm also looking at the Rad Blu by the main train station, that will save a lot in transfer time and EUR back and forth to the Schuman station, its pricing at 127EUR, or 44k night redemption. Will see, I presume you guys are at the Marriott?
Glad to hear you're confirmed to be at the Do again this year!

Our current reservations are at the Renaissance Brussels for Fri, Sat, and Sun nights. The hotel is one block from the Luxemburg Station. Current "weekend rate" you could get is 79 EUR per night (or 67.15 EUR Advance Pay, no refund for Fri and Sat).
Old Jan 31, 2014, 7:30 am

that will save a lot in transfer time and EUR back and forth to the Schuman station
The metro runs directly from Schuman to Central Station in less than 10 minutes and for less than 2EUR. But the Radisson Blu is in a much better position to explore town!
Old Feb 1, 2014, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA PLT
My reservations are made. I will arrive BRU on Tuesday. Reservations at the Renaissance Brussels for Fri, Sat, and Sun nights. Hope to join you for some of the other activities.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by polkacat
If anyone is looking to use AA miles to get to BRU, availability on AA metal just opened up ORD-LHR when I was looking earlier today.
Thank you. Just booked AA into BRU and on AirBerlin out of Berlin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.