Old Feb 9, 2014, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
INDIVIDUAL EVENT REGISTRATION

DO DINNER TICKETS

Schedule

AttendeesInbound FlightsAccommodationOutbound Flights

Getting there and getting around
Narita Express (N'EX) | N'EX Tokyo Direct Ticket | N'EX timetable from NRT | N'EX timetable to NRT |Keisei Skyliner | Keisei Skyliner Timetable | Airport Limousine Bus | Access to/from HND | Japan Rail Pass | JR Kanto Area Pass | Using Suica/Pasmo card

Route and station maps
Tokyo Metropolitan Area rail network map | JR East major route map | Tokyo Subway route map | JR Yamanote Line loop | Narita Airport (T1) station map | Narita Airport (T2) station map | Arriving in Shinjuku by Narita Express

Late Registration - Send Private Message to armagebedar, penegal and NewbieRunner
Print Wikipost

2nd Japan Do | Tokyo | April 18-20, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2014, 3:10 am

Programs: UAmm, Hyatt Plat,Marriott Gold, AA EXP
Please confirm me for the Sunday trip to Mt Fuji and Hakone.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 5:25 am

Programs: AA: Exec. Plat, 4MM+, UA: 1K, 3MM+, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt: Globalist, Hilton: Diamond
Please count me as confirmed for Mt. Fuji/Hakone for Sunday
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: UA MM Gold
Originally Posted by amolkold
Please confirm me as well on Sunday's Mt. Fuji trip.

I depart on Monday afternoon around 4pm to LAX, so if anyone would like to do Tsukiji on Friday morning or Monday morning, please do tell. A friend of mine went this week and said 3:45am was too late but that they were 3rd in line at 2:30am the next day, so take it for what it's worth.
We missed out at 3:30am last year.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Who's coming? Please confirm if you are coming
(Bold = confirmed, ** not attending Welcome Drinks or Shinjuku Walk)
Bold me up, Newbie. I will not be on the Shinjuku walk or welcome drinks, unfortunately (not arriving till 5ish Friday). Is there another way to work out you purchasing the tickets for me?

Last edited by tkey75; Apr 12, 2014 at 10:16 am
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by amolkold
Please confirm me as well on Sunday's Mt. Fuji trip.

I depart on Monday afternoon around 4pm to LAX, so if anyone would like to do Tsukiji on Friday morning or Monday morning, please do tell. A friend of mine went this week and said 3:45am was too late but that they were 3rd in line at 2:30am the next day, so take it for what it's worth.
I might skip the auction tour and just get in line for sushi early Monday. Honestly, I've been trying to get there early enough for many years and it's never happened. I'm over it. Sushi for breakfast, OTOH, is always worth it.

My constraint is a 10am flight from HND on Monday, so I'll be in line at Sushi-Dai very early.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by tkey75
I might skip the auction tour and just get in line for sushi early Monday. Honestly, I've been trying to get there early enough for many years and it's never happened. I'm over it. Sushi for breakfast, OTOH, is always worth it.
It varies dramatically depending on time of year,. I went on a weekday this last September and they didn't run out of space until about 45 minutes before the departure of the first tour.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: QF WP
It's pretty much high tourist season right now, and I suppose some people would just have a late night out before "camping" out at the market. Next year would be worse in terms of the Do schedule, as Easter is at the start of April, coinciding with the peak sakura season. It's due to close by spring 2016, but we never know, I guess.

Originally Posted by tkey75
My constraint is a 10am flight from HND on Monday, so I'll be in line at Sushi-Dai very early.
Shouldn't be too rushed, I think. Direct train services from Higashi-Ginza every 10 mins on average from 06:42. Travel time 40 mins.

Last edited by Awesom Andy; Apr 12, 2014 at 11:40 am
Old Apr 12, 2014, 2:33 pm

Only a couple more days to go. Pretty excited! It must be really high tourist season because all the pocket wifis are sold out with most of the major vendors.

Hopefully there will be some available for rent at Narita. Anyone have any other suggestions?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 3:19 pm

Confirmed for Sunday Day trip to Mt Fuji/Hakone
Old Apr 12, 2014, 4:11 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sparkz
Only a couple more days to go. Pretty excited! It must be really high tourist season because all the pocket wifis are sold out with most of the major vendors.

Hopefully there will be some available for rent at Narita. Anyone have any other suggestions?
Similarly trying and finding all of the reputable companies sold out, I went with renting one from a UK-based company, it will work in Japan, and I collect it at Heathrow day of departure. Perhaps there is a US based company that has ones for rent, that would work in Japan, that you can collect in LAX or have sent to you in time?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by skye1
Similarly trying and finding all of the reputable companies sold out, I went with renting one from a UK-based company, it will work in Japan, and I collect it at Heathrow day of departure. Perhaps there is a US based company that has ones for rent, that would work in Japan, that you can collect in LAX or have sent to you in time?
I get unlimited 4G data roaming at a reasonably good price with the telco in SIN, and would be happy to hotspot it if needed.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:05 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
After a quick ~40 hour visit to my home, I am back on the road again... towards Tokyo via a slightly convoluted routing (of course).

I am a little less organised than I would like (what a surprise )... It has been a hectic few weeks at work. Once I get myself "into gear" I should be ready to hit the ground running in Tokyo on Wednesday.

I am confirmed for all activities from Thursday through Saturday night... Unfortunately I fly out on Sunday morning, so will miss the Sunday day trip.

This is going to be a fun 2 weeks for me - I am flying 15 segments, 42,977 BIS miles across 4 continents with Japan do sitting in the middle. All in C and F of course

Maybe I should do a TR.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Confirmed for Sat & Sunday tours ^ I'll take as much help with tickets as I can get. Would be interested in the overnight- but sounds like logistics for AA154 on Monday would be interesting to get to in time (especially if I want to do some shopping) This however could present the fish market as an option in this case but not sure a hotel would be worthwhile if folks are lining up 2:30-3:30 AM :yawn: Might save that for a future trip.

Originally Posted by Awesom Andy
I get unlimited 4G data roaming at a reasonably good price with the telco in SIN, and would be happy to hotspot it if needed.
This would be most appreciated ^ even just for email. My bb compresses data pretty well.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 3:27 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, BD, NZ, QF, DJ, RCC, SPG, Priority Club, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by skye1
Not sure about the Westin, but you'll have free wifi at the Sheraton. See you Thursday!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by chchkiwi
Not sure about the Westin, but you'll have free wifi at the Sheraton. See you Thursday!
? Was attempting a suggestion for sparkz, & his/her difficulty in finding availability with wi-fi rentals in Japan, that I had luck picking up one from my "home" country, and perhaps he/she might as well. Am thinking surely in the US there's wifi-hotspot rentals that would work in Japan, where one could pick up & drop off at their departure airport.

Not worried about wifi at the hotels---it's out & about, during the day, etc. where the wifi-rentals (or hotspotting those who have them ) comes in so handy. (google maps when lost/"needing directions", whatsapp/skype/viber texting fellow FTers regarding plans/updates, etc.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.