Old Feb 9, 2014, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
INDIVIDUAL EVENT REGISTRATION

DO DINNER TICKETS

Schedule

AttendeesInbound FlightsAccommodationOutbound Flights

Getting there and getting around
Narita Express (N'EX) | N'EX Tokyo Direct Ticket | N'EX timetable from NRT | N'EX timetable to NRT |Keisei Skyliner | Keisei Skyliner Timetable | Airport Limousine Bus | Access to/from HND | Japan Rail Pass | JR Kanto Area Pass | Using Suica/Pasmo card

Route and station maps
Tokyo Metropolitan Area rail network map | JR East major route map | Tokyo Subway route map | JR Yamanote Line loop | Narita Airport (T1) station map | Narita Airport (T2) station map | Arriving in Shinjuku by Narita Express

Late Registration - Send Private Message to armagebedar, penegal and NewbieRunner
Print Wikipost

2nd Japan Do | Tokyo | April 18-20, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2014, 8:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
:yawn: awake... but not really ready yet. Must put down pc and move~!

Last edited by beckoa; Apr 19, 2014 at 3:52 pm
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:04 am

What a great time this do has been. I have a rental car and can drive to Hakone tomorrow if anyone is interested in going straight there instead of the bus. Also the Odakyu romance car makes a lot of sense. PM me either way I am free tomorrow. Cheers!
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold
Monday Tsujiki Fish Market plan

. A number of us are staying at Hotel Gracery Ginza which is walking distance from the fish market. If you want to join us, find us in the lobby at 2:15am Monday morning. or at the ticket booth at 2:30am. Sushi Dai to follow whatever comes to be auction-wise.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DENchick
. A number of us are staying at Hotel Gracery Ginza which is walking distance from the fish market. If you want to join us, find us in the lobby at 2:15am Monday morning. or at the ticket booth at 2:30am. Sushi Dai to follow whatever comes to be auction-wise.
I will be one of those people
Old Apr 19, 2014, 5:57 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
On the train

Good morning! 24 of us (hopefully) are on Azusa 7 on the way to Otsuki and Kawaguchiko. The weather could be better but not as bad as expected.

If anyone on the train is reading this we should arrive in Otsuki at 9:38 where we change to the Fujikyu Line. As no one seems to want to sell us tickets for Fujikyu, we'll have to get one for cash as they don't accept Suica when we arrive in Otsuki.

In order to save time I'm happy to buy tickets for the whole group. I was hoping to collect money on the train but I'm stuck in a window seat.

When we get off the train please wait outside the ticket barrier so I can count exactly how many of us there are. There should be 24 but I think I'd better check.

The ticket for Otsuki-Kawaguchiko costs 1,140 yen and the train leaves Otsuki at 09:59. Please get on the train and find any available seats. We should arrive in Kawaguchiko at 11:00.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by gvdIAD

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Originally Posted by serfty
On checking the Suica & N'EX return was JPY3500 if you take the JPY2000 out of the JPY5500 cost.

The current cost of a Shinjuku-> NRT is JPY3110 one way but may increase on April 1.

http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/nex_oneway.html...
Correct. That's why Suide & N'EX was such a good value especially if you have to travel further than the Yamanote Line loop.
Thanks for the info, NewbieRunner. That's too bad; the Suica + N'Ex was a great product for non-Japanese residents -- even with the wait at the service center. This makes the decision whether to return to NRT by N'Ex or Limosine Bus much closer.
There is a discounted express option available to to non-Japanese citizens visiting Japan.

This I purchased online a Nippori to Narita T2 express ticket for later today for ¥2200. This is normally ¥2470 so about a 10% discount. You need a [Verified by] Visa or Mastercard [securecode].

You record the 'exchange number' or print the email receipt and present it at the Keisei ticket office with your passport.

It costs about ¥200 to get from Shinjuku to Nippori.

The "Skyliner" takes 36 minutes to T2 from Nippori.

More information here: Keisei - Special Discount Tickets

Purchase link:

Last edited by serfty; Apr 19, 2014 at 6:16 pm
Old Apr 19, 2014, 6:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Scenic ride so far and I lucked out with a row to myself! Misty mountains and there is a cool view in the front of the train- as you can see the track in front of you.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 12:53 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Scenic ride so far and I lucked out with a row to myself! Misty mountains and there is a cool view in the front of the train- as you can see the track in front of you.
...and you owe me a beer. That wifi you're "borrowing" ain't free.

Last edited by skye1; Apr 20, 2014 at 2:20 am
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:00 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
We should arrive in Kawaguchiko at 11:00.
Have fun..... I was there last week and the weather/view was perfect. The blossoms were just starting around the music forest so maybe you will be lucky with that. Enjoy.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 5:55 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
A shuttle bus to a train to a train to a bus to a bus to a ropeway to a ropeway to a cable car to a train to a train to a Shinkansen to a train to a subway to a subway. My day in a nutshell
Old Apr 20, 2014, 6:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
Originally Posted by amolkold
A shuttle bus to a train to a train to a bus to a bus to a ropeway to a ropeway to a cable car to a train to a train to a Shinkansen to a train to a subway to a subway. My day in a nutshell
Don't forget the black egg you ate mate!
Old Apr 20, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: First Time Flyer
Thanks!

What a great do!

I am now sitting in the MH Platinum / First lounge in KUL still on a high from a fantastic few days in Tokyo. I am sad to leave so early, but Etihad First Class awaits

After a hugely successful do last year, we had a lot to live up to for this year. Although it was a smaller group, Japan Do 2 was equally awesome. As always, it was great to see old friends and make some new friends. I hope you all had as much fun as me!

A huge thanks to my fellow organisers (who did all the work):
  • armagebedar - "Our man in Tokyo" spent countless hours scouting around venues, negotiating prices and logistics. The result of his hard work was a great do that ran like clockwork.
  • NewbieRunner - Our own FT tour guide, NewbieRunner once again did a fantastic job leading the various daytime activities, tours and daytrips. Your immense knowledge and detailed posts make visiting Tokyo easy for us clueless Gaijin.
  • SQ421- Although he couldn't come, SQ421's regular emails kept the organising committee on task of pulling together a great do. Hopefully you can come next year!

Thank you also to the others on the organising committee for your input and support, and finally thanks for everyone who attended. The do wouldn't have been so much fun without such a great group of Flyertalkers.

I look forward to catching up with you all again somewhere, and bring on Japan Do #3.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 8:20 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Greetings from Hong Kong. Nice to meet you all (those that I met) and thanks from me too for the organisers.

Nobody posted any photos yet? Here is a pic from the Hilton so the diamonds on the upper floors know what the golds had to make do with

Old Apr 20, 2014, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Greetings from Hong Kong. Nice to meet you all (those that I met) and thanks from me too for the organisers.

Nobody posted any photos yet? Here is a pic from the Hilton so the diamonds on the upper floors know what the golds had to make do with
There are pics on the fb page.

Old Apr 20, 2014, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by skye1
...and you owe me a beer. That wifi you're "borrowing" ain't free.
Should of taken care of that to help wash down the eggs. Perhaps SIT this July? They do have a microbrewery.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.