Reload this Page >

The Boston Summer re-DO: July 22

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Boston Summer re-DO: July 22

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: UA MP1K MM, DL Skymiles MM, AA, US, Marriott Rewards Gold, HHonors Diamond
Mikeef, I'm a FT rookie, and need to get more involved. I've put in the miles, so it's time to dive in! I'm based in BOS and plan on attending at Kinsale on July 22. Looking forward to it.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by mightywa
Mikeef, I'm a FT rookie, and need to get more involved. I've put in the miles, so it's time to dive in! I'm based in BOS and plan on attending at Kinsale on July 22. Looking forward to it.
Looking forward to meeting you!

JY, I expected more from you.

Mike
Old Jul 19, 2013, 12:24 pm
djs

Programs: UA, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver
I expect to be able to make it.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by djs
I expect to be able to make it.
See you there!

Wow, don't think we've ever had this many people, except for the one where the Mods showed up and drank us under the table.

Mike
Old Jul 20, 2013, 7:52 pm

Programs: United: Gold, HHonors: Gold, Marriott: Gold, AA, US, AGR
I'll put myself as a "maybe," but I'll try to make it! It'll be cool to meet some other Flyertalkers!
Old Jul 21, 2013, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Firewind and World2Travel, sorry I missed you guys. Needless to say, I was amazingly busy during the performances and after some 100ş+ temps, was pretty wiped out after a few of those days.

And it didn't help that I said my truck was on the left of the stage when it was in fact on the right.

Outside the Box - the biggest event in Boston no one ever heard of. Not even a quick mention in the Globe today, despite 30k+ people last night to see the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. BTW - Comcast will publish their show on On Demand eventually.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tkey75
Firewind and World2Travel, sorry I missed you guys. Needless to say, I was amazingly busy during the performances and after some 100ş+ temps, was pretty wiped out after a few of those days.

And it didn't help that I said my truck was on the left of the stage when it was in fact on the right.

Outside the Box - the biggest event in Boston no one ever heard of. Not even a quick mention in the Globe today, despite 30k+ people last night to see the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. BTW - Comcast will publish their show on On Demand eventually.
Yup. They were hazard conditions. And I just figured "stage left". "Gmatters" was quite obvious. One couldn't even get close to the other end of the stage, anyway.

Again, your production really was world class. Hope it got the response for The Powers That Be to do it again next year.

Unless you're deservedly braving the hazards of coconut palms, please come to the DO. It would be great to talk about it.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: AA, UA, US, DL, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Club C. Gold, Marriott Silver

tkey75 - Sorry I missed you as well. I was looking for you around 6 pm last night during the Lemonheads set and couldn't find you. Then I headed over to see the BlindBoys of Alabama and Taj Mahal (they were amazing) in City Hall Plaza. I also looked in the Globe for mention of the festival and didn't see anything. Hope you can turn up tomorrow night for the DO!
Old Jul 21, 2013, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by Firewind
Yup. They were hazard conditions. And I just figured "stage left". "Gmatters" was quite obvious. One couldn't even get close to the other end of the stage, anyway.

Again, your production really was world class. Hope it got the response for The Powers That Be to do it again next year.

Unless you're deservedly braving the hazards of coconut palms, please come to the DO. It would be great to talk about it.
So the truck has near 30k BTU's of cooling power but in the extreme sun and heat could only get the temp down to just below 90ş. Every day at about 4pm when the sun would finally dip behind the buildings would it finally cool off in the truck (it's a video control room, BTW. Everything on the three screens comes out of the truck. I'm the engineer).

Originally Posted by World2Travel
tkey75 - Sorry I missed you as well. I was looking for you around 6 pm last night during the Lemonheads set and couldn't find you. Then I headed over to see the BlindBoys of Alabama and Taj Mahal (they were amazing) in City Hall Plaza. I also looked in the Globe for mention of the festival and didn't see anything. Hope you can turn up tomorrow night for the DO!
Yeah during the performances I'm locked in. Yesterday was especially challenging because we had to interface with Comcast's production team so they could also capture the video to release on their On Demand.

I wished I could have wallked away to see Taj Mahal.

Sadly, I'm already out of town, getting the truck ready for the Gathering of the Vibes in Bridgeport, CT this week. See ya next time!
Old Jul 21, 2013, 2:12 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by mikeef
Mikeef falls to the floor in shock.

Bring your notebook, we'll inundate you with the DL mile suggestions that I keep promising you.
Yes, mikeef, I tend to SHOCK!

Decided to make it a "me" 24 hours in Boston (just as soon as I find a hotel for tomorrow night)....

Anyone want to do lunch @ L'Espalier on Tuesday (I have a -20% off coupon!)

or.... a "late night" bar crawl on Monday evening....

Looking forward to the event!
Old Jul 21, 2013, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Sadly, I'm already out of town, getting the truck ready for the Gathering of the Vibes in Bridgeport, CT this week. See ya next time!
Break a leg. Or maybe merde. (...Wonder how long that lasts here, though it is the proper form for musical performance.) And, look out. mikeef might tap your talents. He's got something in mind for all these DOs, though none of us can figure out what...
Old Jul 21, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by pfbloom
Would love to attend this event, but unfortunately just booked a flight out of BTV that same day for the ADQ-DO.... Next time for sure! Paul B. - pfbloom
A change in schedule means I will be flying out of BOS on Tues. so can attend the ReDO Monday evening after all. I may not make it until about 7:00pm, however, and am presuming you all will just be warming up by that point.

Looking forward to meeting you! Paul B. pfbloom
Old Jul 21, 2013, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by pfbloom
A change in schedule means I will be flying out of BOS on Tues. so can attend the ReDO Monday evening after all. I may not make it until about 7:00pm, however, and am presuming you all will just be warming up by that point.

Looking forward to meeting you! Paul B. pfbloom
Does this mean you will be going to the ADQ DO? 7:00 everyone will be drunk nah just kidding. People wander in long after that at the one a year prior.

Last edited by CDKing; Jul 21, 2013 at 6:56 pm
Old Jul 21, 2013, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
See you there!

Wow, don't think we've ever had this many people, except for the one where the Mods showed up and drank us under the table.*

Mike

* Wasn't that the one where you came up $hort?
Old Jul 22, 2013, 4:48 am

Well I will be there.

Looks like no pickles this time, I will wander through the Park Street MBTA Station area looking for the guy who sells pickles. Checked a couple weeks ago and another vendor told me that pickle guy is no longer. Actually just smiled at the thought of MM going through security and customs trying to smuggle something, whether it is cheese, pickles, beer cans/bottles for his collection, etc.

So for those who use the Longfellow Bridge do remember especially when ending the night that the bridge is now one way.

The last Boston DO was my first one. Mike encouraged me to give a shot at trying for the Carlson CC, which I was reluctant to do. Anyway it worked out just fine.

Michael

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.