Reload this Page >

Chicago Seminars October 11-13th, 2013-Registration SOLD OUT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago Seminars October 11-13th, 2013-Registration SOLD OUT

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
I have to chuckle at the fact that the guy worried about his $20 probably has a half a Million points racked up this year alone..... But seriously I'm just glad I found this place. Still green but reading most days and learning every minute!

Since I have no idea who will be accompanying me, can I sign up Ceres guest and pay the 20 extra up front to have their name added later? Not all of us have stable lives lol, but what I've learned here and from a few fellow posters & bloggers, helping me out- I have accumulated more tangible earnings in few months than I have in 30+years of CC history'

Thanks!
Old Mar 17, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, any other status I can get via credit card
ORD Seminar

Many thanks to the organizers!!! This will be my 3rd year. I appreciate the early registration to assist with planning as I schedule other travel around this event. I think the registration fee and change fee are bargains!!!!
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:30 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hdawg
Couple of things:

1) This is the first year transfers are offered. If you'd prefer we can easily go back to no transfers ... that's a lot easier.
2) The $20 charge (which is being passed 100% to the donations we make to charity after the event) is purely because I've got to do a few manual things to make sure we stay compliant with payment, registration, and legal concerns.
this is MORE than fair, nice job:-:^:-:
Old Mar 19, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by HMPS
Howie ,can you share the template for your spreadsheet here or via PM, please ?
Here's some context on content to track. Do what works for you ... for me, mainly it is card, application date, bureau hit, and bonus benefits.

Other people track a lot more ... I just don't as I keep it in my head.

http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2011/...by-andrew.html

http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2012/...-accounts.html

http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2012/...dit-cards.html

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8999371/Cre...%20advice.xlsx

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8999371/ChurnPlanningTool.xlsx
Old Mar 19, 2013, 6:38 am

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by Ceres
I have to chuckle at the fact that the guy worried about his $20 probably has a half a Million points racked up this year alone..... But seriously I'm just glad I found this place. Still green but reading most days and learning every minute!

Since I have no idea who will be accompanying me, can I sign up Ceres guest and pay the 20 extra up front to have their name added later? Not all of us have stable lives lol, but what I've learned here and from a few fellow posters & bloggers, helping me out- I have accumulated more tangible earnings in few months than I have in 30+years of CC history'

Thanks!
Just request the name change before the deadline and pay the $20 then and you're all set
Old Mar 20, 2013, 4:03 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Here's some context on content to track. Do what works for you ... for me, mainly it is card, application date, bureau hit, and bonus benefits.

Other people track a lot more ... I just don't as I keep it in my head.
Thanks
Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:33 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Just request the name change before the deadline and pay the $20 then and you're all set
Ceres Why not register your companion as Ceres 2?
Old Mar 25, 2013, 4:37 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by YRKInsider
We've just finalized a meeting discount for those planning to travel on DL to the event.
Sorry for the delay in posting details.

DL has provided two deals -- one for participants originating from the U.S. and Canada aka Domestic and one for participants originating from other points aka International.

Both Deals

1. Valid for travel from FRI - 10/2/2013 thru SUN - 10/19/2013 to both Chicago airports (ORD & MDW).
2. Discounts - Full/Non Restricted Fare Types = 10% and Discounted/Restricted Fare Types = 5%
3. Not valid with other discounts, certificates, coupons or promotional offers.
4. Not all fare types are eligible for use with this contract. Fare rules will determine eligibility.
5. Must be ticketed on 006 ticket stock.
6. SkyMiles may be earned.
7. Book online at www.delta.com or by calling Delta Meeting Network Reservations at 800-328-1111 (Direct Ticketing Charge will apply for booking by phone).

Domestic Deal -- Meeting Event Code NMFY2 (Enter on Search Flight Page)

1. Travel via DL & DL Connection

International Deal -- Meeting Code NMFXZ (Enter on Search Flight Page)

1. Travel via DL, DL Connection and DL codeshare flights operated by AZ, KL & AF

Any questions PM me or call DL at 800-328-1111.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 9:06 pm

Room at Holiday Inn Elk Grove???

Okay, I may as well start the requests.

I'm hoping to snag a room on Sat. Oct. 12 at the host hotel (Holiday Inn Elk Grove Village). If anyone has a room booked for that night and cannot attend, please send me a pm.

Thanks.

Alternately, can someone please suggest 2 or 3 hotels that would provide easy (shuttle) transit to/from host hotel as well as to/from the ORD airport.

Last edited by znke252; Mar 25, 2013 at 10:17 pm Reason: Added info
Old Mar 25, 2013, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by YRKInsider
We've just finalized a meeting discount for those planning to travel on DL to the event. Deal is remarkably similar to the UA arrangement previously described in Post 62. Full details later today.

And yes saltytheseagull we are working on an AA deal although that one is moving slowly.

I know this is probably going to be a long shot... any hope of an AC discount?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Is there going to be a AA code coming anytime soon?

Just registered this will be my first year, have hotel booked, now just waiting for a AA code and will book my flights.

Last edited by FlightNurse; Mar 26, 2013 at 3:12 am
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA, JB, DL
Chicago Seminars October 11-13th, 2013-Registration Now Open

Quick note: The Chicago Marathon is that weekend, so rooms all over the city are going quickly.

It's also been my experience that the runners like to load up on good carbs at a lot of the good Chicago restaurants, so if there is a restaurant you like, early reservations may be advised.

Also, any idea how many tickets are left for the event? I won't be able to nail this down and purchase until Friday 3/29

Thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Is there going to be a AA code coming anytime soon?

Just registered this will be my first year, have hotel booked, now just waiting for a AA code and will book my flights.
It was in the works.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
It was in the works.
excellent to hear...
Old Mar 27, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Hotel suggestion

Last year I didn't have a hotel until a month before the seminars (my kids decided to move from Chicago at the end of the summer so I lost my free room!) and I ended up getting lucky because the Crowne Plaza in Northbrook was a "points break" hotel at that time (only 5k points per night). I just checked and for the seminar period it's currently showing for $85 per night (it's not on the current "points break" list).

The hotel is very nice and it's only a 10 min. drive from the HI in Elk Grove Village.

Because I knew I needed a room this year I booked the HI right away when I registered for the seminars, but if someone has trouble getting a room somewhere take a look at this hotel (if you'll have a car).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.