Wiki Posts
Search

The Dubai DO 2013, June 20-23, 2013 DXB

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2013, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, AA EXP, VS Silver, HY Diamond, HI Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by penegal
I am interested if this is still open?
Should be. I'll check to see what's happening on the registration front.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:41 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Like others, I'd like to get it confirmed that this Do is still going ahead before I book my flights and hotel. It's less than a month away, and the first post doesn't seem to have anything confirmed.

Thanks
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by jetsetr
I'm still showing up regardless
+2
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:44 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
No plans published for this DO that lure me back.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Like others, I'd like to get it confirmed that this Do is still going ahead before I book my flights and hotel. It's less than a month away, and the first post doesn't seem to have anything confirmed.

Thanks
Correction. The Dubai Do is TWO (2) months away, not "less than a month away."
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
+2
I'll be there too. Booked air and park Hyatt. If nothing else, we can have a small group adventure.

I've never been there before but, as a group, we can probably figure out what to do for a few days. I was hoping to avoid reading a tourist book but will if required.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Peter Silberman
I'll be there too. Booked air and park Hyatt. If nothing else, we can have a small group adventure.

I've never been there before but, as a group, we can probably figure out what to do for a few days. I was hoping to avoid reading a tourist book but will if required.
A few of us who went last year, and who are going again, can help out (and are helping out behind the scenes).

I know there are a few of us who want to go scuba diving in the Dubai Mall shark tank. There's also Ski Dubai, which a few of us did last year. Top of the Burj Khalifa. Tea at the Burj-Al-Arab (sail-shaped building). The Dubai Souq. Perhaps a few of us might even dare go dune bashing again (even though we almost had to ditch one vehicle in the "Super Bowl" (but thankfully didn't).

And then there's the pre-Dubai visit to Abu Dhabi for those arriving a few days early.

And hopefully an airport event or two, too...
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium

The PH summer rates are pretty reasonable, especially if you can book their buy 2, stay 3 sale.

A few of us who went last year, and who are going again, can help out (and are helping out behind the scenes).

I know there are a few of us who want to go scuba diving in the Dubai Mall shark tank. There's also Ski Dubai, which a few of us did last year. Top of the Burj Khalifa. Tea at the Burj-Al-Arab (sail-shaped building). The Dubai Souq. Perhaps a few of us might even dare go dune bashing again (even though we almost had to ditch one vehicle in the "Super Bowl" (but thankfully didn't).

And then there's the pre-Dubai visit to Abu Dhabi for those arriving a few days early.

And hopefully an airport event or two, too...
Just make sure to bring a pair of close-toed shoes for Dune Bashing ^
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

Just make sure to bring a pair of close-toed shoes for Dune Bashing ^
And extra water. Plenty of extra water. But we already know that mobile phone service in the middle of the desert will still be better than AT&T's signal in major US cities
Old Apr 24, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear

I've never been there before but, as a group, we can probably figure out what to do for a few days.
I'll be there either way as well; air and hotels are booked. Hyatt Capital Gate June 18th & 19th, Park Hyatt Dubai June 20th to 24th.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 8:11 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Correction. The Dubai Do is TWO (2) months away, not "less than a month away."
Sorry... I was forgetting about May
Old Apr 24, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Kimpton IC; IHG Diamond Ambassador;
I'll be there. Plane tickets booked, though I'm coming in from the wrong direction (DEN via NRT and HKG). I've had the pleasure of traveling with some of this crew to a few other places in the last six months... so, regardless, we're in for a good time.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
The PH summer rates are pretty reasonable, especially if you can book their buy 2, stay 3 sale.
I looked at that sale but since I'm there for four days, I went with the 6000 hyatt point suite upgrade since it included airport transfers and breakfast for 2. More room than I need but what the heck.

BTW, my wife isn't coming so I have a spare breakfast to share.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 5:18 pm

I looked at that sale but since I'm there for four days, I went with the 6000 hyatt point suite upgrade since it included airport transfers and breakfast for 2. More room than I need but what the heck.

BTW, my wife isn't coming so I have a spare breakfast to share.
I am also at PH.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 2:03 am

Programs: BA Silver; EK Silver, IHG Gold
As a Dubai resident I volunteered a while ago to get the organisation of the event running but never had a positive response so I haven't done anything.

Happy to pick up and run with it now if there's still interest and noone else has already organised stuff - Zol ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.