Hyatt London DO 2013. October 24th-27th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt London DO 2013. October 24th-27th

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
Bummer, I will be in London the week before. Enjoy the event.

Cheers
Old Aug 13, 2013, 9:48 am

Would love to attend, but kind of hard to justify spending £264 for the hotel when I live 3 blocks away. Can you please let me know what are the unsponsored activities? I've been out of town for just about every London event over the last few years, but looks like I should actually be in town for this one.

Thanks,
Sarah
Old Aug 13, 2013, 10:54 am
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
+1 as mldukie.

Live in London and would love to attend!
Old Aug 13, 2013, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Interested

Add me as interested. I just moved to London with my partner, and haven't decided whether to book nights at the hotel yet or show up for the non-sponsored events.

\m/ ^^ \m/ FlyterTalk rocks!
Old Aug 13, 2013, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
I will post an update when back home - have been concentrating on Abu Dhabi/Maldives event, so need to get cracking on London.

Whilst I understand that those living in London find it hard to justify the spend, note that if you stay Saturday night, the dinner is worth around £80 per person. Those who stayed 2 nights will win a prize, eg 3 nights stay in a Club room in the Grand Hyatt Bangkok, therefore you get more than the cost back.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
On Friday afternoon, we suggest a visit to the Royal Air Force Museum, around 30 minutes from Central London. We can use a small luxury coach (similar to that used last year for Virgin for those who came) for transport, which can also take people eating at 4030 to/from dinner.

I apologise for the delay in getting things organised but soon (hopefully by Monday) I will have a website set up.

For those living in London or who would rather stay in a different hotel, you are welcome to come to any event on Friday. To attend the champagne reception on Thursday, you need to stay in the hotel. For dinner on Friday, we suggest a contribution to charity (St Martin-in-the-Fields) of £50 per person, in order to receive a 3-course dinner with wine and a goody bag. Let me know if you feel this is unreasonable.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

We have been blown away by the generosity of hotels in SE Asia. Below are the prizes we have secured for this region:

- Hyatt Regency Hua Hin: 3 nights Club Deluxe Room
- Grand Hyatt Bangkok: 3 nights Club Room
- Hyatt Regency Danang: 3 nights Club Room
- Park Hyatt Siem Reap: 2 nights Deluxe View Room
- Park Hyatt Saigon: Dinner in Square One for 2 including a glass of prosecco
- Grand Hyatt Singapore: A suite upgrade and a massage

We will approach other regions for prizes, but wanted to share the above with you.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Unfortunately, those dates will not work for us.

We will certainly try again to make it next time.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 6:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by price123
We have been blown away by the generosity of hotels in SE Asia. Below are the prizes we have secured for this region:

- Hyatt Regency Hua Hin: 3 nights Club Deluxe Room
- Grand Hyatt Bangkok: 3 nights Club Room
- Hyatt Regency Danang: 3 nights Club Room
- Park Hyatt Siem Reap: 2 nights Deluxe View Room
- Park Hyatt Saigon: Dinner in Square One for 2 including a glass of prosecco
- Grand Hyatt Singapore: A suite upgrade and a massage

We will approach other regions for prizes, but wanted to share the above with you.
^ Best DO organizers:-:
Old Sep 1, 2013, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Ok. So I have (most of) the website up.
Menu choices I hope will be published by next weekend, but waiting for hotel to confirm the Winter options to us.
Raffle page will be available when I have received all the information I need from hotels.
Swag bag page will be available when contributions are confirmed.

Whilst I appreciate plans may change, it would be helpful if you can fill in registration form, so that I can see availability and interest in each activity.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Another 2 great prizes, this time kindly donated by European hotels:

- 2 nights in a Club room from the Hyatt Churchill
- 2 nights B+B in a Garden-view room from Andaz Amsterdam
Old Sep 13, 2013, 3:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by price123
Another 2 great prizes, this time kindly donated by European hotels:

- 2 nights in a Club room from the Hyatt Churchill
- 2 nights B+B in a Garden-view room from Andaz Amsterdam
Great job^
Old Sep 17, 2013, 4:39 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
I regret that I won't be able to make it this year due to work. Maybe next year. I will PM you to find out how to cancel my rez.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:43 am
Original Poster

I now have confirmation of the menu. There is a form on the website allowing you to make your choices. This needs to be done before 14th October, or we will assign you a random meal.
For anyone who wants to come to the meal but not stay at the hotel. This is fine, but we request a contribution (suggested amount £50 per person) to St Martin in the Fields through the JustGiving page online. This will include the champagne reception prior to the meal, the 3 course meal with wine (value £69) and a goody bag (minimum value £75). If you are able to take part in a focus group on Friday morning, we feel it is appropriate that your contribution is lower (£30-40 pp). If anyone wants to come, but is unable to afford such a contribution to charity, let me know.

Menu
Starters
- Crushed peppercorn beef loin, parmesan, rocket and tomato caper vinaigrette
- Mesclun rocket salad, roasted beets, sundried cranberry, warm goats cheese tart and hazelnut dressing
- Cured scallop with artichoke fennel salad, tomato confit and hazelnut vinaigrette

Mains
- Rack of lamb, truffled potatoes, baby carrots and thyme jus
- Herb steamed halibut, spinach and saffron-vegetable broth
- Spinach and ricotta ravioli, sage oil and parmesan shaving

Desserts
- Chocolate fondant with cranberry compote, chocolate-chip mint ice-cream
- Winter berry clafoutis, white chocolate crumble, whipped cream
Old Sep 21, 2013, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Sorry - had an email saying menu was password protected - it's not now.
AMEX focus groups will be Friday morning - please let me know (if you haven't already) if you can take part.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.