Search

President's Day Do in Dublin, Feb. 16-18, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2012, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
President's Day Do in Dublin, Feb. 16-18, 2013

Just gauging interest at this point:

Would anyone be interested in an Irish beer and pub-grub-focused FT get together? I'm envisioning, essentially, a 30-hour pub crawl. Nothing fancy or upscale--just a good, old fashioned weekend bender with good company.

United is having a fare sale with roundrips hovering around $700 from Chicago and the East Coast.

Please post in this thread if this is something you might attend, and if it piques enough people's interest, we'll make this a planning thread.

Cheers!
Old Dec 9, 2012, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat
You can count me in for some of the pub crawl! Not sure I want to spend 30hrs drinking as it will be my first time in Dublin...need to see SOME sights and sounds.

That said, I actually took advantage of the Delta fare awhile ago for $387 out of JFK. I'll be there 15th-18th.

Hope others join in. Cheers!
Old Dec 9, 2012, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lsk5013
You can count me in for some of the pub crawl! Not sure I want to spend 30hrs drinking as it will be my first time in Dublin...need to see SOME sights and sounds.

That said, I actually took advantage of the Delta fare awhile ago for $387 out of JFK. I'll be there 15th-18th.

Hope others join in. Cheers!
Great! There was definitely some hyperbole in my original post. I've been to Dublin before, and it is certainly worth taking in the sights. The drinking and pubbing is certainly quite optional. The company is far more important than the medication, so to speak!

Glad to hear that you're in! I'm going to confirm my bookings tonight or first thing tomorrow, and we'll say that it's on. I have some personal friends who are in on this, as well, so there will be good folks there. Once I've got flights and hotels confirmed, I'll post here. Would be fun to maybe make this an annual thing if it works out this time around.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HHonors Silver
Sounds like fun!

Tentative to come. Depends if I end up having to be in San Antonio or not that week/end.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'd love to attend a Dublin Do at some point, but unfortunately I'm the organizer of the Annual London President's Weekend Do so can't make a Dublin one if it's the same weekend.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...18-2013-a.html

I do know a few years ago GoldCircle had organized a Dublin Do on Prez Weekend. Sounded like it was a total blast, and I even received a birthday call in London from some of the Dublin attendees

Cheers.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:11 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
oh man, sounds like a blast, sadly I know I won't be able to attend as I've got family plans.

Have fun !!
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: MP, OW
zcat18

I was justin Dublin. Let me know if you need any pub recommendations.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 3:33 pm

I assume, since it's for President's Day, this is for Americans living abroad in Ireland? Or are you wanting everyone to attend who can?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rclark
I assume, since it's for President's Day, this is for Americans living abroad in Ireland? Or are you wanting everyone to attend who can?
It's for anyone to attend who wants to. I'm planning on using it as a MR opportunity (well, maybe not a pure MR since I'll be on the ground a little less than 48 hours).

Originally Posted by Ski Adcock
I'd love to attend a Dublin Do at some point, but unfortunately I'm the organizer of the Annual London President's Weekend Do so can't make a Dublin one if it's the same weekend.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...18-2013-a.html

I do know a few years ago GoldCircle had organized a Dublin Do on Prez Weekend. Sounded like it was a total blast, and I even received a birthday call in London from some of the Dublin attendees

Cheers.
If this one is reasonably well attended, and if there is interest in resurrecting an annual Dublin Do, then we will definitely move it to a weekend where there isn't a well-established London get-together from now on! Thanks for the heads-up and hope to see you next time!

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
oh man, sounds like a blast, sadly I know I won't be able to attend as I've got family plans.

Have fun !!
Thanks! A shame you can't make it, but no worries--next time!

Originally Posted by cat13
I was justin Dublin. Let me know if you need any pub recommendations.
Thanks--will do!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
You might want to PM GoldCircle who organized the Dublin Do a few years ago & is a local for some suggestions as well.

Hope to make it in the future if it's held on a different date.

Cheers.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:55 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Would have really liked to do this, but fly to the US on the 17th for a meeting on the 18th.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Bad news, folks. My company rearranged the 2013 holiday schedule this week and is now giving us July 5 instead of President's Day off. This means that I will have to table this idea, since I simply will not be able to get to Dublin that weekend. This may be for the best, since I felt bad "competing" with SkiAdcock's traditional birthday Do, but let's keep this in mind for the next time there is a fare sale to DUB. I'm sorry for any let-down, and best wishes to all for a happy holiday!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.