Search

10 Dec. SFO Capt. Denny Dinner and Red Carpet Raffle

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2012, 4:23 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Arrow 10 Dec. SFO Capt. Denny Dinner and Red Carpet Raffle

UA Captain Denny Flanagan will be overnighting near SFO on December 10 and would like to get together with fellow FlyerTalkers for a dinner and a raffle to benefit the United We Care Relief Fund. Many UA employees were affected by Sandy and United will match donations to this fund up to $100,000. Further details in that thread.

Mike Hanna and our UA friends at SFO have found another red carpet for the raffle!

We will also have a raffle for UA swag from the Mainliner store similar to what we had at the September 10 dinner. I will post a picture of the items after i pick them up on Wednesday.

You can participate in each raffle without attending the dinner. You will be able to purchase tickets for the raffles at the dinner also.

The dinner will be held at 6:00 pm
Max's Restaurant and Bar
1250 Old Bayshore Highway
Burlingame
(650) 342-6297

Of course, all who RSVP to this thread and attend will receive one of my now famous Name Badges, suitable for your swag shelf.

Confirmed:

Capt. Denny
bonnerbl
deirdre
goalie
hapywandr
intl_flyer153
jmd001
karung99
karung99+1
mendicantmonk
Ocn View 1K
Ocn View 1K+1
Pat89339
Redrick
rob_flies_ua
Storytelller
The Mileage Millionaire
worldwidedreamer
worldwidedreamer +1

Possible:

dfreeman02
garykung
imm2b
LIH Prem
mnredfox
sy7
USFdonWill

If you would like to purchase raffle tickets in advance of the dinner, please see the thread in the FlyerTalk Cares forum.

Here's a few pictures of items for the swag raffle:

Dovster has donated a new T-Shirt XL from the First Annual Non-Denominational Hannuka Do -- Dec 11, NYC and Ocn View 1K has donated a new FlyerTalk T-Shirt XL to the Swag raffle!

NEW: If attendance at the dinner reaches 30 people, I will add this brand new UA 787 Windbreaker size XL to the Red Carpet Side of the raffle.

Last edited by Pat89339; Dec 9, 2012 at 12:04 am
Old Nov 26, 2012, 2:32 am

Please put me down as a possible, I'm going to try to SDC in.

-David
Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:56 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Im in

Oh, wait, I'm already in......
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:49 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
no can do

but I'll spring for some raffle tix! Sorry to miss everyone this time around.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:43 pm
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
can't be there either, but I'm in for some raffle tickets. Already have one red carpet that I'll be getting married on, so what could be better than one each for the bride and groom?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by wijomas
can't be there either, but I'm in for some raffle tickets. Already have one red carpet that I'll be getting married on, so what could be better than one each for the bride and groom?
OMG - you're getting married? CONGRATS!!!

Cheers.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:06 pm
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
Indeed! If you were on FB you would know this!
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:12 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by wijomas
Wow, congrats. Is the victim, I mean bride, anyone we know?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:43 pm

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
After careful consideration and realizing how much I hate to be in aluminum tubes for extended periods, I decided that even though I am arriving in JFK early on Dec 10, there is no way I am going to have dinner on the Left Coast that evening -- especially considering that I have to be back in NYC for a Do the following day.

That does not mean that I am not greedy enough to want some of that UA Swag, so I just bought 30 chances and forwarded my receipt as per the instructions in the other thread.

Should I win, I will give you an address in Atlanta where you can mail my prize (but it will have to arrive before Christmas, which is when I fly back to Israel).

I then realized that there are, undoubtedly, some folks in California who are not going to fly to NYC just to get a t-shirt, even if it is a souvenir one from a FT Do.

Hence, to give them a chance to get the shirt, if Pat89339 will PM me an address, I will have one shirt (shown below) mailed out to be included in the swag.

(But, NO, if I win a prize it cannot be this shirt -- I will already have one.)

Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Dov,

Thanks for the donation! You should have an email confirmation with an image of your tickets as indicated in the other thread.

I will PM you an address for the souvenir T-shirt and thanks so much for the additional swag!

Pat
Old Nov 27, 2012, 2:54 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Pat89339
Dov,

Thanks for the donation! You should have an email confirmation with an image of your tickets as indicated in the other thread.
Got it. Four days after the drawing I will be heading to LAS for a week. I figure that between the raffle, the slots, and the blackjack tables I should be able to win something -- even if it is only a 25 cent payoff on a 50 cent slot.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:22 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Count me in. I'll try to include Mrs. Worldwidedreamer...although se are both usually still at work at 6p. Does anyone need a ride from San Francisco? (Or would anyone want to offer a ride?)
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Count me in. I'll try to include Mrs. Worldwidedreamer...although se are both usually still at work at 6p. Does anyone need a ride from San Francisco? (Or would anyone want to offer a ride?)
We have the early start time to accommodate Denny's schedule. I'm usually at work long after 6:00 pm as well. Since we order off the menu, you can really drop in at any time and join us.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 3:34 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Dovster
Got it. Four days after the drawing I will be heading to LAS for a week. I figure that between the raffle, the slots, and the blackjack tables I should be able to win something -- even if it is only a 25 cent payoff on a 50 cent slot.
And if you hit it big at the raffle and are passing thru SFO on your way to LAS (or on the way back), I might be able to hand deliver your winnings if the timing works
Old Nov 27, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Alas, we will miss the Captain. Flying tonight to SYD, then cruising. BUT, tell Capt Denny that I have so far failed at the gate agent pen trick. They all thanked me for the pen but none of them went for giving Mr Karen2 and me an upgrade. On the other hand, I copped a free train ride for my family and me on Phila's commuter RR from Fox Chase to the downtown terminal next to old Reading Station. I charmed the conductor (and my 7 yr old granddaughter) with my tales of the old days when I commuted on that train, running late as always, and dressing in the back before the commuters started packing it in....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.