Wiki Posts
Search

ANA Seat Demo Arl Hgts. ORD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2012, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
ANA Seat Demo Arl Hgts. ORD

Got an email from ANA. They have a demo set up for th eB 777 300 ER coming up at Mitsuwa Marketplace, Arlington Heights, IL. Oct 5 to 8.

Sweet Wille, although I am a vegetarian, hear they have fresh sushi....time for you to organize a meet !
Old Sep 19, 2012, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HMPS
Got an email from ANA. They have a demo set up for th eB 777 300 ER coming up at Mitsuwa Marketplace, Arlington Heights, IL. Oct 5 to 8.

Sweet Wille, although I am a vegetarian, hear they have fresh sushi....time for you to organize a meet !
Mitsuwa is excellent! Big Pan-Asian grocery and food court. That's where I pick up a huge bag of good rice every so often, and always stop for lunch if I can.

Have thought about having a DO there for a long time.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 7:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Boy, miss it by 2 days. I woulda like to have had a test drive in the new stagged NH C seat but guess I'll have to wait until March to experience it on the SFO - NRT route.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 8:33 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I've actually posted about both Mitsuwa's food court as well as another 1 mile south of Mitsuwa here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chica...elk-grove.html

There is a lot more than sushi to the food court at Mitsuwa, even as a vegetarian you'll leave full.

I'm all up for a Do, just not on a Sat or Sun at Mitsuwa as it is packed then.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
I've actually posted about both Mitsuwa's food court as well as another 1 mile south of Mitsuwa here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chica...elk-grove.html

There is a lot more than sushi to the food court at Mitsuwa, even as a vegetarian you'll leave full.

I'm all up for a Do, just not on a Sat or Sun at Mitsuwa as it is packed then.
I do plan to be there on the fifth Oct.

SW I can return if you get a group going.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 8:00 pm

I do plan to be there on the fifth Oct.
I was planning to go on the 5th as well.

I can't recall the times of the demo, would a Friday evening dinner do work or should it be lunch?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
If you go and it is a little crowded in the food court, there is a great Korean/Japanese place about a block east on Algonquin.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/nikko-sushi-...ington-heights
Old Sep 21, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I think I can attend mitsuwa

On Monday the 8th. That weekend we are out of town. Will like to see how the 777 NH seats are.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by cheltzel
If you go and it is a little crowded in the food court, there is a great Korean/Japanese place about a block east on Algonquin.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/nikko-sushi-...ington-heights
I & Mrs Sweet Willie know the place well^ The sushi chef gives me crap everytime we go there "how come you wait so long to come back !!??"

super regulars have their own chopsticks in storage there for when they come in.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I & Mrs Sweet Willie know the place well^ The sushi chef gives me crap everytime we go there "how come you wait so long to come back !!??"

super regulars have their own chopsticks in storage there for when they come in.
The sushi is very good, but I go for the Korean food and Soju.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

I was planning to go on the 5th as well.

I can't recall the times of the demo, would a Friday evening dinner do work or should it be lunch?
The timing was 9 AM to 8 PM...Will check and change if otherwise. I want to be there early on first day before the usual shoppers get there !

Can always drop by later if a group forms .
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Mitsuwa is excellent! Big Pan-Asian grocery and food court. That's where I pick up a huge bag of good rice every so often, and always stop for lunch if I can.
Depends what kind of rice you are talking about.

If it is anything but sushi rice, they are way overpriced. Most of their stuff are aimed for rich Japanese who are loyal to stuff made in Japan or their own japanese brands who don't even look at the price before buying.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
The timing was 9 AM to 8 PM...Will check and change if otherwise. I want to be there early on first day before the usual shoppers get there !

Can always drop by later if a group forms .
I maybe going there friday night after work, or monday afternoon, saturday and sunday I am out as will be at SFO for UA fleet week.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
If it is anything but sushi rice, they are way overpriced. Most of their stuff are aimed for rich Japanese who are loyal to stuff made in Japan or their own japanese brands who don't even look at the price before buying.
agreed for the most part, I personally do most of my Asian shopping on N Broadway, but for those of us who are close by Mitsuwa (or my actual default suburban Asian market Tensuke www.tensuke-chicago.com which is a couple miles south of Mitsuwa) having a local Asian market is nice for a one/two item pick up instead of heading into the city.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

agreed for the most part, I personally do most of my Asian shopping on N Broadway, but for those of us who are close by Mitsuwa (or my actual default suburban Asian market Tensuke www.tensuke-chicago.com which is a couple miles south of Mitsuwa) having a local Asian market is nice for a one/two item pick up instead of heading into the city.
If you like Basmati rice (from India), you need to go to an Indian Grocery store. They are all over. Just Google. A bunch of them on Devon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.