Inaugural/early 787 flights FT meet-up thread

Subscribe
Hi, I've been reading Flyertalk for a while and decided to register to get in touch with some other people who will be flying on the 787 inaugural flights.
My brother and I are booked on UA 1146 IAH-EWR on 11/4 in 19A and 19B. Anyone know what sorts of things will be going on at the airport and/or how early we should get to the airport?
Quote: Hi, I've been reading Flyertalk for a while and decided to register to get in touch with some other people who will be flying on the 787 inaugural flights.
My brother and I are booked on UA 1146 IAH-EWR on 11/4 in 19A and 19B. Anyone know what sorts of things will be going on at the airport and/or how early we should get to the airport?
There will be events occurring at IAH, but UA did not share any idetails.
Just managed to move from 20B to 27L so I will be playing with the window the entire flight.

Can't wait to see what United has planned for this.
UA 777 Launch
I stumbled across this blog where the author was on UA's inaugural 777 flight; he included pictures of the festivities in the gate area that included ice sculpture, cake, and lots of balloons. Curious how the 787 launch will match that event...

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/freque...d-june-7-1995/
Quote: I stumbled across this blog where the author was on UA's inaugural 777 flight; he included pictures of the festivities in the gate area that included ice sculpture, cake, and lots of balloons. Curious how the 787 launch will match that event...

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/freque...d-june-7-1995/
It seemed like a cool event. I am hoping for some goodies and a certificate. However, it would be cool to have a water cannon salute too!
I sure hope they do not delay the 11-4 flight. I booked my inbound into IAH on Saturday, I need more miles to keep my status so I am doing CLE-MCO-IAH. I will arrive IAH at almost 5:00PM. Not sure if a FT meet will be planned, may just hang out at the United Club for a few hours and then go to the hotel. I love the club, people are so nice and friendly, like going to your local bar.
Quote: I sure hope they do not delay the 11-4 flight.
Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Does anyone know when the second 787 is to be delivered? Last I heard it was awaiting first flight but I haven't heard anything since. Hopefully they'll get it delivered in the next week or so.
Cancel?
If the inaugural flights are pushed back to another day based on some issues they're having now, will people still do the "mileage run" on 11/4 or will you cancel your flights outright?
Quote: If the inaugural flights are pushed back to another day based on some issues they're having now, will people still do the "mileage run" on 11/4 or will you cancel your flights outright?
If they let me cancel I would cancel. I bought non-refundable tickets, so not sure they would let me cancel for an equipment change.
Inaugural/early 787 flights FT meet-up thread
Somebody posted that if there is a delay, it will be announced next week.
The delay, if there is one, might affect only the IAH-EWR-IAH-SFO-IAH rotation. The aircraft which has already been delivered is only a few days behind schedule on testing, and there is quite a bit of buffer room built in...
Quote: The delay, if there is one, might affect only the IAH-EWR-IAH-SFO-IAH rotation. The aircraft which has already been delivered is only a few days behind schedule on testing, and there is quite a bit of buffer room built in...
I have heard that it has not been delivered.
Quote: I have heard that it has not been delivered.
Huh?
I thought N20904 was delivered 9/22...
Quote:
Quote: I have heard that it has not been delivered.
Huh?
I thought N20904 was delivered 9/22...
It was...I thought you were referring to UAs 2nd 787.
Quote: If they let me cancel I would cancel. I bought non-refundable tickets, so not sure they would let me cancel for an equipment change.
Doubtful. I don't recall any provision in the CoC to allow for fee-free cancellations because the equipment changes.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13