Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inaugural/early 787 flights FT meet-up thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2012, 4:18 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by LEONIDES
I guess you'll be riding "the 'Bus" instead of "Living The Dream!" Maybe you should send DJ Jazzy Jeff a thank-you note.

In other related news, a concert promoter recently announced that The Three Tenors would be replaced by Vanilla Ice, Billy Ray Cyrus, and Rebecca Black. No refunds or exchanges allowed.

In other related news, the Tavern on the Green Restaurant in New York City was recently closed, to make way for a White Castle Restaurant. (If you don't know what White Castle is, well, consider yourself lucky.)

God, I love Jeff.
Yo, dude...
BOEING hasn't delivered the planes yet... they are BEHIND SCHEDULE.
Quit blaming Jeff.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:57 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Yo, dude...
BOEING hasn't delivered the planes yet... they are BEHIND SCHEDULE.
Quit blaming Jeff.
GENERAL ELECTRIC's GEnx engines (which UNITED also selected over the Rolls Royce competitor engines) keep FLYING APART IN MIDAIR. Quit blaming Boeing.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
GENERAL ELECTRIC's GEnx engines (which UNITED also selected over the Rolls Royce competitor engines) keep FLYING APART IN MIDAIR. Quit blaming Boeing.
I saw the Ethiopian 787 at IAD yesterday. They had someone in a GE logo'd uniform inspecting the engines.

BTW i decided not to go. I'm flying this weekend on a MR and weather cancellations have totally screwed up my EQM. Flying on the swapped equipment next weekend still keeps me too far from 150K to be worth it. I don't even think I will use the GPU I have now so i wont be missing much.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
IAH get together

Is there any plans for a get together Saturday night. Looks like the CLE flight had something planned the following week. That flight will not be a 787 due to delivery issues .
Old Oct 29, 2012, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I'm on the IAH-LAX 787 on Nov 7th. Can someone guest me into the IAH club. I have a 4 hour layover in IAH to be on the 787.

I am confused by one thing. If the aircraft delivery is delayed or the GE engine, is not so good. How can IAH-ORD-IAH and IAH-LAX-IAH fly while the other itineraries are cancelled. Are they taking delivery of two planes?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 8:57 pm

Programs: *AG, Choice Privileges Elite Diamond, SPG Gold, La Quinta Returns Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
I am sure Jeffrey is blaming W. James McNerney, Jr., the CEO of Boeing. I am sure that Jimmy at Boeing is blaming Jeffrey R. Immelt, the CEO of General Electric. Or May Jeffrey #1 is blaming Jeffrey #2. Everyone's blaming someone else.

Whatever. I am sure someone else always to blame, in the minds of these folks. It is never their failure, individually or collectively. It's never the fault of the person at the top, right? (I guess that when Truman put a sign on his desk saying "The Buck Stops Here", he meant someone else.)

"Teacher, Teacher, it's not my fault! Johnny told me to throw the spitwad at Janie!"

Maybe they can blame George W.Bush; that appears to be in style. Or Obama. Or Reagan. Or Napoleon or Julius Caesar.....Whatever.

I just know it is not my fault. I do not fly these planes, maintain them, or build them, nor do I work for the companies that do. I am just one of the schmucks who pay for airfare on this airline....And I am growing increasingly disgusted with this outfit, and its poor execution.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by EXPLAT
I'm on the IAH-LAX 787 on Nov 7th. Can someone guest me into the IAH club. I have a 4 hour layover in IAH to be on the 787.
This thread is meant for the people on the inaugural on Nov. 4th or 5th, not any other dates. (please read post #1) For other dates to gain entry to UC, please check this thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...up-thread.html

Originally Posted by EXPLAT
I am confused by one thing. If the aircraft delivery is delayed or the GE engine, is not so good. How can IAH-ORD-IAH and IAH-LAX-IAH fly while the other itineraries are cancelled. Are they taking delivery of two planes?
This is only one plane flying currently and the second plane got delayed by Boeing as mentioned in this thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...52-26-oct.html

IAH-ORD-IAH and IAH-LAX-IAH is basically using the same plane if you look at the departure times. Other itneraries are cancelled because IAH-EWR-IAH and IAH-SFO-IAH suppose to use the second plane, since the 2nd plane is not ready and UA had announced IAH-ORD is the inaugural, so it make sense to keep IAH-ORD-IAH and IAH-LAX-IAH and cancel the rest.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Oct 30, 2012 at 1:28 pm
Old Oct 31, 2012, 7:48 am

Well this has been an interesting week trying to get myself on the 787. Originally booked a fairly simple EWR-IAH-EWR from 11/3-11/4. Now my brother and I will be doing EWR-IAH on 11/3, spend the day in Houston, and then IAH-LAX-SAN-EWR on 11/4, returning to EWR the morning of 11/5.

So, as long as everything goes as planned we'll be on the 787 IAH-LAX on 11/4. Keeping my fingers crossed...
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:54 am

Programs: Flying Nut

I come in the afternoon of Saturday Nov 4 and now flying out Monday morning to ORD. Plan to hit IAH for the Sunday flight. Is there a group getting together on Saturday night or Sunday morning?
Old Nov 1, 2012, 4:56 am
Used to be 'joony'

Programs: General Member!
Thumbs up +1 for UA1116

Count me in for the inaugural IAH-ORD flight in F!

Been getting out of FT lurker mode but I'm starting to make more posts (and photos to come!).

I'm also interested to see if there is group getting together for saturday night/sunday morning. Also if anyone can guest me into the club, I can talk Mac+Photography in return Can't wait for this flight!!!
Old Nov 1, 2012, 7:59 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

I am happy to guest someone into the club assuming I make it there in time for that...the idea of setting an alarm clock for that early is a bit frightening! Very excited for the flight though!
Old Nov 1, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
I can also guest you or anyone else. You can IM me for contact info. I will also be in the when I arrive Sat. Late afternoon from MCO so I could also guest you or anyone else.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Not sure if CaptainMiles still updating from post 1 since his 787 flight cancelled

Is it so far we have 17 FTers on the inaugural UA1116 IAH-ORD ?

Possible for all the other 10 FTers also post their seats numbers so that we at least get to know each other even we don't have a gathering ? I just gather all the names from the entire thread and also post #1

First (F)

4B UnitedFlyGuy
4L ORDnHKG
6E Mommy Points
6K joony

UA767400 ?
j1j2j38 ?
Weatherboy ?

Economy (Y)

16K buckeyefanflyer
17K/18K roguecantaloupe
18J paranoiatx
21? exiled2tx
25A alexphj
27E/27F calfornia09
27L snowed
32A Channel9

5khours ?
SFO 1K ?

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Nov 2, 2012 at 3:23 pm
Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:39 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Hilton Gold

If there is a meet up on Saturday night, I can't attend. Looking forward to meeting many of you on the inaugural flight.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:04 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

I'm in 6E and I know that paranoiatx has moved to 18J.

Can't wait to see everyone in less than two days!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.