Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

NAB 2012 Trade Show Vegas 4/13-19 - anyone around for drinkies?

Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hi there! Will once again be in Vegas for the NAB trade show (National Association of Broadcasters). The exhibits are 4/16-19, but conference sessions are 4/14-15 & I'll be arriving 4/13.

Any other FTers in town for the show or live in LAS & want to meet up for drinkies? Don't know my final evening schedule yet, but I'm pretty flexible.

Last year we had 2 meet-ups: one at the West Wing Bar at the MGM (has 2 for 1 happy hour from 5:30-8:30pm) and one at Vegas Marriott (across the street from the North Hall of the convention center).

Post if you'll be attending & want to meet up, or if you live in the area & want to meet up. Saw a few FTers last year, both local & attending the show.

Cheers.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Bummer...I roll into town at noon on the 20th.

It seems like something else big must be going on in Vegas that weekend but I can't figure out what it is. High airfares and few hotel deals to be had, although I'm holding a $99/nt. reservation at the Westin which will work if nothing better pops up later.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

I hear you on the high airfares - United wants $1,024 for mine. For $1,200 I can go to London for crikey's sake! Looking at flying into LAX to see if that's cheaper & then getting over to LAS. Hotels always get jacked up during NAB.

BTW - here's the convention schedule for April in LAS. Looks like there are a lot of small conventions your weekend.

http://www.lasvegastourism.com/conventions_apr.htm

Cheers.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

At NAB last few years it's usually worked out that some of us have met up for drinks, but at last year's IBC we couldn't get the evenings to work so some of us met for a quick lunch on the show floor. Drinkies preferred, but lunch is always an option as well.

Cheers.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
I will be there Monday thru Thursday AM. Tuesday or Wednesday evening for drinks would work. Staying at the Hilton Grand Vacations Elara (formerly PH Westgate).

MO
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:03 am
Original Poster

I'm good for Tues or Wed right now. One of the other FTers arrives on Sun night & leaves Thurs I think. I sent him an email & provided a link to this thread. Also, a local FTer usually meets us each year.

Cheers.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Sorry, would have got here earlier, but have been MRing LHR-NCE on BD today (and tomorrow).

I'm in 15-APR and out 20-APR. I'll probably have some evening things to go to during the event, but otherwise glad to say hi and share some drinks.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR Gold
I'm in on Sunday night late... thru Wednesday at Noon. I'll have a couple of TD evening presentations, not sure when they will be over. I think by 730p. I'm up for what works...

Tina
Old Mar 28, 2012, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Think MrpAlert is going to be able to make it.

Cheers.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 6:33 pm

Programs: UAL IK;Marriott Plat Elite;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Gold;Hertz Presidents Circle
it is highly likely that I will be in town!!!!!
Old Apr 2, 2012, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Will pick date/place later this week for get-together at NAB & post.

Cheers.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:29 am

It's The Eagles April 21 at MGM

And that made all prices crazy. I'll be arriving on 19th; will join if I arrive in time.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: M&M
I'm at the MGM Sunday & Monday with my fellow workers at Filmtools.com....big Canon event Sunday at 5pm and later Monday night with the folks at DVinfo.net so Sunday evening or Monday right after the exhibits close.....maybe at the MGM?

Train Lover
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iwannafly2
And that made all prices crazy. I'll be arriving on 19th; will join if I arrive in time.
Those of us attending the show will be flying out on the 19th as it's the last day of the show, but maybe some locals will be able to meet you.

Cheers.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, HY Diamond, ZE Pres
I'm in for NAB April 10-20. During show days, I'm free Monday and Wednesday evening, double booked Tuesday.

Howard
PointFocus Marketing

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.