Thank you Flyertalk for my new job!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle

I want to thank flyertalk and my fellow flyertalkers for my new job!

Unhappy with my current position, I decided to venture out and interview with a consulting firm for a position I had been eying for awhile. At my first interview, I felt it was going well until somehow we came upon the topic of mileage running and flyertalk. Instantly, his eyes lit up like a kid of Christmas. I spoke with him about a few runs I had done and what a great tool this website was. He had said he considered a few but never pulled the trigger. Instant connection. Each interview that followed was prompted by "tell me what you did??"

Needless so say, today I received and accepted an offer. I credit flyertalk (and, perhaps my education/experience). I can honestly say I believe this was the differentiating factor between me and other candidates and allowed me to show my personality to help stand out. Thank you!

Anyone else have a similar experience?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
^^^^

Congratulations!!!!
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

^^^ This is great! Congratulations!
Old Feb 15, 2012, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Great story, thanks for sharing and of course, congrats!
Old Feb 15, 2012, 8:24 pm

Fantastic story. Good luck with new job!
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:08 pm

Programs: NW Gold, '06. Good times.
See? SEE? FT isn't a huge waste of time! I'm waking my wife to show her this thread.

Congratulations!
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
I just woke my wife to show her the Reacher thread in Omni.. Not doing it again

Congrats, I have showed some, very select, co workers the light. I am glad you benefited so much from FT.. I know I have!

To FlyerTalk!
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Great connection.. I haven't had the pleasure of convincing anyone to join, but when I explain how we go on vacations flying on points, and staying in $1,000 plus suites, their eyes light up like Christmas lights..

I was talking to the Vice President whose father is the owner of the private school my son attends.. as a result of the long conversation I had with her, she's planning a spring break vacation down to Disney World first time with family and son. My son is friends with their son, and was playing together when I had this conversation.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:02 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Sweet ^
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ssafro1
I want to thank flyertalk and my fellow flyertalkers for my new job!
Congratulations and well done.

Originally Posted by ssafro1
Anyone else have a similar experience?
Some years ago, my then boss and I were going to a conference out west, and, although we originated at different airports, we shared a connection after ATL, so I upgraded him on a SWU. Since he only ever flew coach (and prided himself on NOT accumulating miles!!! Sacrilege!!!) he was like a kid on his first trip to Disney, and a total convert by the time we got back to the office.

O/H
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Congratulations! ^^^
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:21 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by Occupationalhazard
Congratulations and well done.

Some years ago, my then boss and I were going to a conference out west, and, although we originated at different airports, we shared a connection after ATL, so I upgraded him on a SWU. Since he only ever flew coach (and prided himself on NOT accumulating miles!!! Sacrilege!!!) he was like a kid on his first trip to Disney, and a total convert by the time we got back to the office.

O/H
Ha! O/H = a gateway drug to being a mileage junkie.

Congrats to the OP.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Thank you all with your well wishes. I hope each and everyone a happy and successful 2012 and beyond.

I was so excited I had to share with you all to thank you. Hopefully I will also be able to attend more events in the future and run into a few more of you all (bc my parents and friends are sick of me talking about this website, miles/points, or anything flyertalk related)!
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by youreadyfreddie
Ha! O/H = a gateway drug to being a mileage junkie.
That boss and I had (and still do have) a good relationship, but as ssafro1 discovered to his happiness, intangibles can make a difference.

Way to go, ssafro1!

O/H
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:16 am

Great news!!! Thanks for sharing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.