Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

SIN DO 2013, 1/18-1/20 Singapore

SIN DO 2013, 1/18-1/20 Singapore

Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Ooh, I'd love a post-Do Do in VN, that would be great!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by clarelouise44
Hi, Is there any more info about SIN DO and/or post DO available? Hotels? Am very interested in attending my first SIN DO , but need to know more before I book a ticket.

The DO will be similar to the past events..
SIN DO 2012
SIN DO 2011

Regarding hotels, book your favorite chain but just be conscious of booking anything prepaid since there have been sales in the past.

Regarding 2013 Singapore Post-DO, the new exciting destination is...
Old Jul 7, 2012, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, I know I had mentioned this before at the 2012 DO and I think there are some good activities that can be planned in the surrounding areas. Also, for anyone that wants to spend more time in Vietnam it's super cheap to fly to Hanoi or Da Nang.

It will begin on 1/21 and go until 1/23 or 1/24. I have to work on the itinerary to come up with a closing date. I'd recommend holding off on flights for Vietnam until the itinerary is firmed out.

Last edited by bschaff1; Jul 9, 2012 at 11:22 am
Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by bschaff1
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, I know I had mentioned this before at the 2012 DO and I think there are some good activities that can be planned in the surrounding areas. Also, for anyone that wants to spend more time in Vietnam it's super cheap to fly to Hanoi or Da Nang.

It will begin on 1/14 and go until 1/16 or 1/17. I have to work on the itinerary to come up with a closing date. I'd recommend holding off on flights for Vietnam until the itinerary is firmed out.
I thought the SGN portion is post-DO (so shouldn't it be starting on 1/20 or 1/21)?

Just booked an award tkt, so it looks like I'm closer to confirmed!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Count me as interested. Note that today only (or for a short time anyway), there is extremely good availability in premium cabins on Singapore Airlines for star alliance partner awards. I just booked an award ticket using United miles in first class on Singapore Airlines! I'm a 1k, so I can cancel for free later if I can't make it.

Last edited by ChrisFlyer66; Jul 8, 2012 at 2:10 pm Reason: corrections
Old Jul 7, 2012, 9:28 pm

It will begin on 1/14 and go until 1/16 or 1/17. I have to work on the itinerary to come up with a closing date. I'd recommend holding off on flights for Vietnam until the itinerary is firmed out.
I really want to go, but having already booked my pre-do segments, I was hoping for post-do. It's far enough out that it's only a change fee right now, but I'd rather not pay one if I don't have to.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 9:49 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing

If VN is post SIN DO we are certainly interested. If Pre SIN DO then we probably cannot make it work.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
We also had been relying on what had been posted all along about SGN coming after SIN and some of us have been fortunate enough to catch an unusual availability of award tickets that will probably disappear before the night is out that will preclude changing.

I am still assuming that SGN is going to be a post-DO DO and that bschaff1 has made a typo posting "1/14" in milepost #63.

I have until tomorrow evening sometime to cancel without penalty and will do so if we do not hear more from bschaff1 about the confusion. Recommending that we hold off when such an unusual opportunity exists will not cut it for dates must be established and then there can be details. Most of us thought that they were.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 10:23 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
Have just booked on SQ during their open period on C rewards. Departing EWR on 1/16, so arriving the morning of 1/18, on the evening flight to SGN on 1/20, then back on the evening flight on 1/23, and back to EWR mid-day on 1/24.

Sure hope that SGN stays post-Do, rather than setting a new precedent. :-)
Old Jul 7, 2012, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by From NYC
Have just booked on SQ during their open period on C rewards. Departing EWR on 1/16, so arriving the morning of 1/18, on the evening flight to SGN on 1/20, then back on the evening flight on 1/23, and back to EWR mid-day on 1/24.

We are going out with you from EWR but are a bit later over to SGN (Monday morning) and back to EWR (Friday SIN nonstop). We are not about to pass up these tickets (if they hold) and if you (and perhaps mnmag and some others) are game, we will have a good-sized group.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:56 am

Programs: UA 1K*MM, AA PP
Not to be outdone, myself and Mr.999 just booked the super-available premium awards and we will be arriving in SIN on SQ1 on Thursday, leaving on SQ2 on Monday so we're in for the DO.

Now to figure out where to stay... We might have to hotel-hop if we decide to use up points...
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:31 am

Programs: SPG
I'm interested as well in the SIN part...I just booked a SQ first award during this period
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by From NYC

Sounds like there could be both a post-Do SGN and a pre-Do SGN. I'll be with you on the former.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 4:55 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
I am doing the SIN DO but not the post as I cannot take the time for extended travel January - early April.

I have been to SGN before though, cruised on the river in the city and also the Mekong Delta. Loved everything but the Cuchi tunnels. Wijll be curious to hear if and who might be brave enough to go down one of those things....
Old Jul 8, 2012, 5:50 am

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by monitor
We are going out with you from EWR but are a bit later over to SGN (Monday morning) and back to EWR (Friday SIN nonstop). We are not about to pass up these tickets (if they hold) and if you (and perhaps mnmag and some others) are game, we will have a good-sized group.
Im certainly game. Might see about switching to your schedule today, if theyre available still.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.