Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WineDo 5 - NYC Sunday June 3, 2012 post BRT

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2012, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
WineDo 5 - NYC Sunday June 3, 2012 post BRT

5th annual WineDo. There's room for 4 additional people.

Sunday June 3, 2012 at 7:00 (1900).

Cost will be about $82.

Place: North Square

Address: TBD

Here's the link to WineDo4 ... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...-post-brt.html
The menu can be read at post 154.

Some notes from WineDo 3. Take a look/see so you can get in the mood. WineDo 3 - Sunday June 13, 2010 New York City - Greenwich Village

While the linked thread may look to some that we're bragging about what we own , the WineDo is open to everyone. The only qualification is that you have to bring a bottle of (drinkable) wine. Estimated cost of dinner is $80, which includes tax and tip. The majority of wine last year ranged anywhere from $25 - $200 bottle. Everyone stepped up. This dinner is a great way to taste and discuss wine, in addition to miles, points, and etc.

24 Flyertalkers attended last year... and we had 38 bottles.

For WineDo 5, You're expected to bring a wine that cost a minimum of $35, and a maximum of whatever you like. This is our first price increase. If you'd like to bring something experimental, it will have to be in addition to the minimum cost wine. After some previous discussion, this seemed to be the best solution. Also, several people talked about stepping up. That's fine. But rather than sit all the fancy wine people together , dinner will still sort of be open seating.

We drank some great juice last year. I don't know how we can possibly top it. Flyertalkers never disappoint. If you're not a drinker, you're still invited. They sell beer and other beverages.

Our distinguised wine panel mjm and cordelli, will coordinate what's drinkable. Last year we enjoyed multiple bottles of red and white wine. We could use a nice champagne to start.

Can you join us?

So far: 20

dhammer Anderson Conn Valley 02 Eloge
Luvtworce +2 2008 Patit Creek Semillon Ice Wine from Walla Walla + Champagne Bertrand Senecourt Beau Joie Brut special edition
EastBay A Donkey and Goat 2006 Vieilles Vignes, 2006 Mendocino Syrah. Unfiltered
SFOTerry 1989 Paul Jaboulet Aîné Hermitage La Chapelle
SFOMo 1999 Ridge Syrah Lytton Estate (ATP)
HPN-HRL Madrońa 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon Black Label
KathyWdrf 2007 Prager Riesling Smaragd Hollerin(possibility).
violist Cheval Blanc - payment has been arranged.

ldsant <<< can't make it

DLroads - can't make it, but is sending wine. ^ Bruno Paillard Champagne Premier Cuvee - Reims France + a 03 H'amara (sp?) The Cave from Israel.
Calcifer + 1 2007 Weingut Willi Bründlmayer Brut + Domaine du Closel Savennieres Clos Du Papillon 2007
Monitor Henry of Pelham Speck Family Reserve Pinot Noir 2007
Franny Riesling Icewine from Henry of Pelham
austin_res 09 Antica Chardonnay from Napa Valley
cordelli +1 Anderson Conn Valley 07 Eloge+ 2006 Château de Beaucastel Châteauneuf-du-Pape Blanc
El_Chiflero 08 Domaine Monpertuis Châteauneuf-du-Pape E.A.R.L Vignettes Paul Jeune
jackal
mnmag

BOLD - PAID.

We're going to raise the stakes for WineDo 5. Dinner will be wine themed, just like they do on the wine boards. Most themed dinners still have a starter champagne and white, not to mention an after dinner sweet wine. If you know what you're going to bring, please post to the thread.

Please note, the affordable lunch or dinner is planned for Saturday on the Brooklyn Reality Tour. We get to experience coach and first class on the same weekend.

Last edited by dhammer53; Jun 1, 2012 at 9:04 pm Reason: So far - 20
Old Feb 8, 2012, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Place saver.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA1K,HH Silver
Thanks Dan
The girls and I are looking forward to another fun evening. Jane
Old Feb 8, 2012, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Please add SFOMo and me to the list. ^

Not sure what we'll bring, but it will likely be red and dry.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 7:58 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Count me in!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Obviously, I can't miss this either!!!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 3:18 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
In. Yes!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 5:57 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Tentatively in. I would be bringing a bottle of red from Artesa. BTW - BevMo! is having their 5 cent sale right now for those who may be interested.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dhammer53

For WineDo 5, You're expected to bring a wine that cost a minimum of $35, and a maximum of whatever you like.

Just a reminder.

I'd rather not get into conversations we've had in past threads, where we discussed price/quality issues on wine. WineDo 5 is trying to make sure that all attendees will drink well. That's the bottom line. Hopefully, the percentages will work in our favor; and if they don't, there's always WineDo 6 to tweak it.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by violist
In. Yes!
Good. I need to clear my cellar of your wine.
violist is bringing a Cheval Blanc. ^
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I am probably going to bring an old vines unfiltered Mendocino Syrah - 245 cases made. Not 100% sure yet, and not sure if and what the "bonus bottle" will be - if there is one, it will probably be an "unusual" white (but not in the "scary unusual" manner)
Old Feb 11, 2012, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I am probably going to bring an old vines unfiltered Mendocino Syrah - 245 cases made.
I love the fact that there are low production wines in the $35 category. My 2 favorites are Bedrock and Carlisle.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by dhammer53
there's always WineDo 6 to tweak it.
Where do I sign up for WineDo 6?
Old Feb 12, 2012, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Please hold two spots for Mr. and Mrs. Calcifer.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Sadly, it's a (cough) big college reunion that weekend and I'm committed to that.

As with the last few, WineDo 5 sounds like a winner already. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.