Last edit by: FlyerBeek
next meet-up:

Print Wikipost

The DC Area Happy Hour Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2015, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Miss this by 2 days ... will be in/around WAS on the weekend but back to Oz on the 8th ...
Old May 29, 2015, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by gvdIAD
I have it on good authority that monitor and frantic will be at Tysons on Wednesday June 10 and are interested in a DC dinner. Clarendon/Courthouse would probably work best. Who would be available for dinner, perhaps around 7:00 pm? Venue suggestions would be welcome.
in (this FINALLY jives w my work/travel calendar!)

any other fans of Fireworks Pizza (attached to the Residence Inn @Courthouse, Clarendon Blvd and Adams)?
Old May 31, 2015, 5:50 pm
eap

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by jrl767
any other fans of Fireworks Pizza (attached to the Residence Inn @Courthouse, Clarendon Blvd and Adams)?
I am a fan of Fireworks (in Leesburg). Does the Arlington location take reservations? Their beer list is fantastic.
Old May 31, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Plus, United, AA, WN
Please add me to the list. Fireworks pizza is fine with me.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
fyi Stanley Cup finals Game 4 starts at 8pm EDT on Wed 10 June
Old Jun 2, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
I'm a strong maybe especially if it's in my hood of Clarendon since I'm recovering from surgery!
Old Jun 2, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, AA Plat Pro, DL Gold, UA*S, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by eap
I am a fan of Fireworks (in Leesburg). Does the Arlington location take reservations? Their beer list is fantastic.
They don't normally take reservations last I heard. It appears they do do call-ahead, but I remember waiting a long time regardless for a group of eight on a weekend. With 12 of us on a Wednesday, though, they might be more amenable to setting aside their back room for us.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
If you don't have a private room reserved, IMO that place is a non-starter.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, AA Plat Pro, DL Gold, UA*S, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Rus925
They don't normally take reservations last I heard. It appears they do do call-ahead, but I remember waiting a long time regardless for a group of eight on a weekend. With 12 of us on a Wednesday, though, they might be more amenable to setting aside their back room for us.
Their banquet menu is actually pretty reasonable. $16pp (+ tax/tip = ~$21) for unlimited pizza, caesar salad, and a soda? Not bad, and makes splitting the check a lot easier.

http://www.fireworkspizza.com/Arling...us/Banquet.pdf
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:45 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
The other event I had that evening has moved, so I am in for this. I've edited the wiki appropriately.

I agree that Fireworks Pizza is only workable if they will set aside a private room for us.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
I'll call Fireworks Pizza when I get back from NUE next Monday. In case the private room is unavailable, any other spots folks might suggest?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
One suggestion: American Tap Room is comfortable and the service is good even though the food is nothing special.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by gvdIAD
I'll call Fireworks Pizza when I get back from NUE next Monday. In case the private room is unavailable, any other spots folks might suggest?
I actually just dropped by the place—was in the area—and got their manager's business card. Just emailed him. Talking to the hosts, and looking at it from the outside, it certainly seems like our group is big enough for the back room. We'll just have to see if it's free and if they'd be willing to do separate tabs.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:02 pm

Smile RSVP

I'd like to attend!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:58 am

Event - 10 June 2015

Please add me to the planning to attend list!

Thanks.

soupxxxx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.