Old Oct 15, 2013, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerBeek
next meet-up:

Print Wikipost

The DC Area Happy Hour Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I was thinking about the American Tap Room in Clarendon. It's very Metro accessible with a varied menu and happy hour. While a little more pedestrian than our last few venues, on the plus side they should be able to accommodate a larger gathering. Of course, I'm always open to other suggestions.

-FlyerBeek
Somebody else endorsed Oby Lee upthread, and I suggested Citizen Burger. (Links are to menus for each.)

Oby Lee's more likely to have space issues. Citizen Burger is not as big as American Tap Room but shouldn't be too crowded on a Tuesday; I can peek inside to see if they've got larger tables next time I'm on my way to/from Metro.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
I'm scheduled to fly back from FUK on the 7th, arriving at IAD mid-afternoon. I'm leery of committing to a 19:00 dinner that night, so if it's not a problem, please mark me as possible and I'll post to the thread when I get home with a definite yes or no.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:21 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
I just happened to see this thread. I am from CA and, while I visit DC every couple of years, I am rarely there for an evening. 4/7 happens to be the first time in about 5 years that I am likely to be in DC with no dinner plans. I can't commit yet, but I will check back.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:31 pm
eap

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1MM
I can most likely make a dinner on April 7th, if that happens. (I would not on the other two dates I saw floated, the 9th and 16th).
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Any of these places would be OK with us since we did go nicely upscale last time. I have just moved us in to a hotel in Arlington so anything around there is fine.

Thank you for working on this FlyerBeek and DCA writer. See you that evening, wherever.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Plus, United, AA, WN
I can meet April 7 or April 8 in NoVa. Just let me know when & where.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Great! Let's plan on 7pm on Tuesday, April 7th in Clarendon (exact located TBD later this week). I'll update the wiki with the new date/time - so please add your information to the wiki if you're able to attend.

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
I added myself. However, I will be running a bit late, more like 7:15.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:20 am

Programs: WN CP, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, AA Gold
Hey everybody, been a lurker on this thread since moving to NoVa not very long ago. Have a work function to get out of on Apr 7, but am hoping to join. Will put my name on the maybe list.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Please count me in.
Tom
Old Apr 2, 2015, 12:38 am

I'll come.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by mot29
Please count me in.
Tom
Great! Are you a definite now? (I see you listed as a maybe on the wiki)

Originally Posted by Hemera
I'll come.
Welcome, Hemera! I've added your name to the wiki.

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 2, 2015, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
as I mentioned upthread, I'll be arriving Seattle around 730pm EDT next Tues ... however, I stopped for coffee at the Whole Foods in Clarendon this morning, and saw an announcement for a "Beer University" session in their upstairs pub on Tues evening ... everything you wanted to know about IPAs
Old Apr 2, 2015, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, Amex, M&M, UR
Put me down as a "maybe"
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: AA EXP
Hi -- Another lurker / recent DC transplant here; I'll try to make it out as well!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.