FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerBeek
next meet-up:

Print Wikipost

The DC Area Happy Hour Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2012, 7:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Great burger and company tonight! See you all the next time around.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
Thanks to all who made it last night. It was great to catch up with our regulars and meet some soon-to-become regulars!

Hope to see everyone at our next event, probably at the end of March. Oh, and suggestions for a NoVA locale will be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
Originally Posted by gvdIAD
Hope to see everyone at our next event, probably at the end of March. Oh, and suggestions for a NoVA locale will be greatly appreciated.
American Tap Room in Clarendon looks pretty appealing, though with at least 5 IPAs on tap, I could encounter decision paralysis.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mhnadel
American Tap Room in Clarendon looks pretty appealing, though with at least 5 IPAs on tap, I could encounter decision paralysis.
But before that maybe we can get that Passion Fish dinner firmed (for the third time ) for March 9 or 10 and actually get there this time. @:-)
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by monitor
But before that maybe we can get that Passion Fish dinner firmed (for the third time ) for March 9 or 10 and actually get there this time. @:-)
I could possibly make March 9. March 10's out for me.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So let's try to make it March 9 for the Passion Fish in Reston, time to be determined. Pick ups and drop offs at the Orange Line should be available.

So far:

monitor +1 - definite this time
mhnadel - Scratched
gvdIAD - possible

Last edited by monitor; Feb 23, 2012 at 11:44 am
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by monitor
So let's try to make it March 9 for the Passion Fish in Reston, time to be determined. Pick ups and drop offs at the Orange Line should be available.

So far:

monitor +1 - definite this time
mhnadel - figures to be there
gvdIAD - possible
Alas, I am going to be vacationing on the Cote d'Obscure (it is like Obscuristan, but with a beach) that week so can't make it.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mhnadel
Alas, I am going to be vacationing on the Cote d'Obscure (it is like Obscuristan, but with a beach) that week so can't make it.
^ That beats the h*ll out of VA in early March. Maybe see you in April but we are on for Passion Fish that Friday night.

BTW: Where the heck is that?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
You would pick the one day where I actually have a prescheduled trip to CLT....On top of last week's unscheduled trips to CLT and then to SAN....
Old Mar 27, 2012, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Now that it's Spring, I thought it might be time to schedule another get together. The first 2 weeks in April look good for me. Any interest in a VA-based event?

Generally, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings, or Saturday or Sunday lunch seem to be easiest for finding a space that can handle a larger group. Anyone have a particular venue they'd like to recommend? What days are best/worst in terms of scheduling? Metro-accessible is preferred, but usually there will be several offers of rides to and from the Metro if a non-accessible venue is selected.

C'mon; who's interested?
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by gvdIAD
Now that it's Spring, I thought it might be time to schedule another get together. The first 2 weeks in April look good for me. Any interest in a VA-based event?
Tuesday or Wednesday of the first week of April (i.e. 3rd or 4th) are do-able for me. Thursdays are rarely feasible.

Passover starts the night of the 6th, so that keeps the second wek out for me, but if you could do the week of the 16th, I'd jump at anywhere that had pizza or pasta
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:18 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
I am up for April 3rd or 4th.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Okay, how about Tuesday April 3 at 6:30 pm, somewhere in NoVA?

Location suggestions?

If people are tired of Clarendon-Courthouse-Virginia Square, we could try something in Pentagon City-Crystal City-Alexandria. Or, to be true FTers, we could meet at one of the restaurants in National Hall at DCA: Sam & Harry, Matsutaki Sushi or Cibo Bistro & Wine Bar (for drivers wanting to avoid the parking costs, it's easy to park for free in Crystal City, take the Metro 1 stop, and quickly arrive at DCA).

Who's interested?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:51 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
I am cool with meeting in NoVA. DCA sounds ultra cool as it is one of the few remaining airports where you still can wonder around past check-in but before security/land side. I thought Matsutaki was a bit pricey. What about Cibo or Sam & Harry?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by tonywestsider
I am cool with meeting in NoVA. DCA sounds ultra cool as it is one of the few remaining airports where you still can wonder around past check-in but before security/land side. I thought Matsutaki was a bit pricey. What about Cibo or Sam & Harry?
I'm okay with either of those, though I think I spend enough time at DCA without eating there.

If you want to do Pentagon City or Crystal City, how about Sine Irish Pub, now that I no longer work for someone who eats there every night?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.