Last edit by: FlyerBeek
next meet-up:

Print Wikipost

The DC Area Happy Hour Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2012, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
Would there be interest in a lunch -- maybe around 1:00 pm -- on Saturday, June 23, somewhere on the Orange Line in Virginia? I'm really flexible in terms of a venue and would be interested in getting some suggestions.

Given Metro's unreliability on weekends, I know there might be some concerns, but I'd be happy to offer rides to and from Rosslyn or Crystal City Metro stations.

Please post if you think you might be interested.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Hi

Will be in Centerville VA starting July 9 foa a month.

Be glad to attend any gathering.

Also will be going to Smithsonian to see the shuttle.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:29 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
Greg, I'm interested in meeting for lunch this Saturday around 1 pm. What about a place in Arlington, like around Courthouse or Clarendon? Those are sure bets.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Since my proposal for a HH this weekend isn't generating a groundswell of support, let's cancel that and instead shoot for a HH/dinner on Monday, July 2.

PeteJ will be visiting DC from Canberra, Australia, and has expressed interest in a get together near Crystal City. We'll be dining on Tex-Mex cuisine at the San Antonio Bar & Grill.

So, who can make it?

Attending:

PeteJ
gvdIAD
mot29
mhnadel
stellertony
tonywestsider
BuckleandBoots
headinclouds

Last edited by gvdIAD; Jul 3, 2012 at 8:45 am Reason: update
Old Jun 20, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
I thought we were going to go for July 2nd instead of the 3rd with the holiday weekend issues?

I have a conflict on the 3rd but will try to resolve it, so put me as tentative.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
July 3 sounds good. Looking for suggestions for Madagascar after Xmas.
tom
Old Jun 20, 2012, 9:14 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
Not sure about July 3. I'll post later when I know what my schedule is like.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

As PeteJ has informed me that he will be available Monday night, and given that Monday definitely works better for mhnadel (and me) and may work better for tonywestsider, I've rescheduled for Monday. PeteJ will be arriving at DCA and is staying in Crystal City (at least Monday night), so that will be the location. Anyone have a particular venue they'd like to try? Would 7:00 pm work?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 2:41 pm

Programs: united, american, alaska
7 p.m. works fine for me. Our guest of honor should choose the venue. San Antonio Bar & Grill has the advantage (or disadvantage, depending on his viewpoint) of being something he would not be able to get at home.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 3:28 pm

Programs: QF, HHons.
Hi everyone, the San Antonio Bar & Grill or any of gvdIAD's earlier suggestions in post #139 are fine by me. Thanks Greg for organising this. I'm looking forward to meeting you all 7pm Monday.

Regards.

Originally Posted by mhnadel
7 p.m. works fine for me. Our guest of honor should choose the venue. San Antonio Bar & Grill has the advantage (or disadvantage, depending on his viewpoint) of being something he would not be able to get at home.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PeteJ
Hi everyone, the San Antonio Bar & Grill or any of gvdIAD's earlier suggestions in post #139 are fine by me.
Let's go with the San Antonio Bar & Grill. I'll plan on being there around 6:45 pm.

For those of you not familiar with Crystal City, when you pass through the fare gates at the Metro Station, go up the first set of escalators. You'll come out on a interior landing: there are glass doors to your left and right, and another set of escalators ahead of you. Take the glass doors on your right. You'll walk up two short sets of stairs (about 10 in total). Keep going straight. You'll come to a T-junction. Turn right. You should walk in front of Rite-Aid, then a Market. Keep walking past the Hallmark store and the entrance for San Antonio Bar & Grill will be on your right. For those who choose to drive, there's free underground parking off Crystal Drive after 6:00 pm.

Hope to see many of you there.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 4:03 pm

Programs: CO-Plat/UA-1P, HHonors-Gold
The 2012 DC Area Happy Hour Thread

I'm going to try to make it.

Is someone making a reservation? They are kind of small and can fill fast.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BuckleandBoots
I'm going to try to make it.

Is someone making a reservation? They are kind of small and can fill fast.
Hope you can make it.

Mondays in the summer are generally pretty slow -- especially when Wednesday is a holiday -- but if we're a large enough group (say >6), I'll make a reservation.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 5:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta SM, Marriott Plat , Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, IHG Spire
Crud. I'm away that week for the 4th, but I really want to try and make the next one.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:03 am

Not my favorite venue, but I'll be there mainly to get info for a trip to Cairns in Nov for the solar eclipse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.