Reload this Page >

Chicago Seminars Oct 12-14, 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago Seminars Oct 12-14, 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by sfsilverbear
any way to find out who is attending from SFO?
thanks newbie here
We're from SMF but are arriving ORD Friday fom Dublin on Aer Lingus with Avios (Thanks Lucky and Mac !)
Old Jun 19, 2012, 9:58 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

RT on UA from IAH-ORD that weekend is just over $200 right now for Fri - Sunday. Lowest I have seen in a while. Not sure if any other routes are discounted right now or not, but I just booked my flight today! See you all in October!
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Mommy Points
RT on UA from IAH-ORD that weekend is just over $200 right now for Fri - Sunday. Lowest I have seen in a while. Not sure if any other routes are discounted right now or not, but I just booked my flight today! See you all in October!
BOS-ORD is $175 (10 Cpm) on UA but doesn't work if i leave friday and come back sunday. have to stay three days to get the fare I mean i do have credits to burn but not at that rate
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: A3 Gold (*A Gold), CC Gold
Originally Posted by Mommy Points
Just saw your post and decided to check it out. Wife and I are coming from IAD, I'll be the one attending while she enjoys the city. Looking forward to this, as it'll be my first DO.

*edit* I should also mention I got them for $256 each AI RT, which isn't great for a MR, but figured it was a good enough deal for me right now.

Last edited by LowlySpartan; Jun 19, 2012 at 11:42 am
Old Jun 19, 2012, 2:55 pm
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by LowlySpartan
Just saw your post and decided to check it out. Wife and I are coming from IAD, I'll be the one attending while she enjoys the city. Looking forward to this, as it'll be my first DO.

*edit* I should also mention I got them for $256 each AI RT, which isn't great for a MR, but figured it was a good enough deal for me right now.
Excited to hear you will be attending! Agree that the prices today aren't MR material, but they are very fair for getting somewhere you want/need to be. See you in October!
Old Jun 19, 2012, 4:29 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LowlySpartan
but then again, you really are not MRing@:-) *gasp* you actually are flying for a purpose in addition to earning miles!!
Old Jun 20, 2012, 2:20 pm

Purchased my plane ticket last Wednesday. Looking forward to Chicago!
Old Jun 27, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta SM, Marriott Plat , Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, IHG Spire
Because I'm a cheap ......., I'm thinking about the 7AM flt from DCA-ORD. Anyone going to be around to play with during the day if I do that? Hot Doug's? Does the hotel have a bar? And what time does it open?
Old Jun 27, 2012, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Dreamworks
Because I'm a cheap ......., I'm thinking about the 7AM flt from DCA-ORD. Anyone going to be around to play with during the day if I do that? Hot Doug's? Does the hotel have a bar? And what time does it open?
I'll probably be arriving early on friday from NYC. The flight i'm currently looking at will get in at 8am.

Kathy
Old Jun 27, 2012, 9:50 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dreamworks
Because I'm a cheap ......., I'm thinking about the 7AM flt from DCA-ORD. Anyone going to be around to play with during the day if I do that?
on Sat or Fri? I'm assuming latter. If so, I should be around and haven't made a hot doug's visit in awhile so that would be good. I can even provide transportation.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:20 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Just registered for this year. Wanted to wait until I felt sufficiently recovered from my Stage 4 Cancer to attend the seminars. ^

I may be difficult to understand (verbally) due to having neck & tongue surgery back this past December. I have not been able to swallow since my surgery on December 22, 2011. No worries, I am glad to be among friends! ^

I have taken 3 different trips by plane and the TSA have not hassled me over my liquid foods/prescriptions. I went back to work full time on May 14. ^

A big THANK YOU to all the people that were very kind & compassionate toward me at Chicago Seminars 2011 when I was in alot of pain. I very much enjoyed attending the last 2 years & very much look forward to attending again this year.

Sorry for the late registration but I am GLAD I will be attending! Will look forward to my 3rd year!
Old Jun 28, 2012, 7:05 am

With the JFK-ORD $64 deal, registration should be filling up
Old Jun 30, 2012, 6:25 pm

Programs: *Alliance
Originally Posted by sfsilverbear
any way to find out who is attending from SFO?
thanks newbie here
I will be there. From SFO
Old Jun 30, 2012, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Great, Thanks,I'm a newbie,do about 3 mr a year for the last 3 years,note you said 'semi-retired' i may retire next year,problem is I love my job....any interest in meeting for coffee sometime?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Warning: flights cancelled/time changed LAX to ORD

FYI in case you are on these flights:

I re-confirmed our travel plans and our flight from LAX to ORD on 10/10/12 is no longer listed on the website. I assume the flight is cancelled; however, no one has contacted me.

In addition, our return flight departure to LAX from ORD on 10/14/12 has changed by one hour, again, no one informed me and I found out just by double checking our reservations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.