Cow Do VIII (EZE) - Aug 31 to Sep 03, 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cow Do VIII (EZE) - Aug 31 to Sep 03, 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
It looks like this event hasn't been active in awhile. Are there any updates? I'm giving this some thought.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
I'm still considering this. Anyone flying from ORD?
Old Jul 13, 2012, 9:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
I also thinking about this...
Old Jul 14, 2012, 6:40 am

Can a previous participant give me some idea of the costs (hotels, group dinners and charity events, extras). Thanks.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 8:57 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Flyer_70
It looks like this event hasn't been active in awhile. Are there any updates? I'm giving this some thought.
Sure is, this event is 100% confirmed... its one of the longest running Do's in the history of FT. I hope you can make it.... if you have any specific questions, please post !!!
Old Jul 14, 2012, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by smitty06
Can a previous participant give me some idea of the costs (hotels, group dinners and charity events, extras). Thanks.
Your best bet to see hotel costs is to check online.... 99% of all participants do all their travel bookings... the most popular places to stay are the SPG and Hilton chains, also Marriott, but there is no official hotel... its all very democratic....

The Group dinners costs will range from AR$180 to AR$300ish each, depending on the venue and on the amount of wine ordered.

Hope this helps... if you have any more questions, please ask.

Thanks !!
Gaucho100K
Old Jul 14, 2012, 9:01 am
Original Poster

I'm still considering this. Anyone flying from ORD?
We have various ORD based folks that are multi year veterans of this Do... the first person that comes to mind is CubsGirl, but there are others...
Old Jul 14, 2012, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Forgot to add, in reply to a question above, we will be requesting a AR$150 (Peso) donation for the charity wine tasting event.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, Hyatt Diamond
This has been a little off-radar for me, as other travel and whatnot have had my attention, but just thinking about it has me hungry and thirsty.

The beef and wine quality can't be matched at double the price in the US!!

Regarding hotels: I've stayed at Liberatador, the Sheraton Convention Center and the Marriott. I'd say the two Sheratons are a toss up in terms of quality and location. (They are very close to one another). The one upside at the Convention Center for those with early morning arrivals: with the size, they can usually get you in early--and even if not, you can enjoy breakfast in the Club and shower at the work out facility--both of which can be very nice after an overnight flight.

Mad4miles usually stays at the Park Hyatt and thinks it's THE best hotel ever, so if anyone is looking for a splurg, that's a good suggestion. Another friend of mine was down in January and is still raving about the Four Seasons, so that's likely another good splurg option.

I've felt safe on the trains and in taxis. Admittedly, most of my hailed from the road taxis were either in broad daylight or with other folks.

Comcast repair guy just rolled in, so I have to shorten this, but feel free to reach out with any Qs.

Last edited by CubsGirl; Jul 14, 2012 at 2:44 pm Reason: poor typing skills!
Old Jul 14, 2012, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
I see the Park Hyatt has a "Hyatt Free Time" rate. Looks like the 3rd night is free.
Reduces the price from super expensive to just expensive..
Old Jul 14, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K*MM, AA PP
I'm in!

The stars are lining up for my non-FT travel and FT DOs!

I'm going to South America for a work trip. I just realized that I arrive in EZE on Saturday afternoon 9/1 and I don't have work till a few days later, so I'm likely in for Saturday and/or Sunday dinners and some Sunday activity and maybe Monday - depending on what gets confirmed.

I might even drag one of my co-workers along if the description of this group doesn't scare him too much!
Old Jul 14, 2012, 7:02 pm

CubsGirl sent me a great PM with lots of info. I guess I would like to know which hotels are the most convenient to get to the events. Are cabs plentiful and safe? My friend was robbed by a bunch of guys in the middle of the day on his trip to Argentina. I'm not a super nervous person and I know basic spanish, but if there is popular participant hotel, I would just as well choose that.

The flights are a bit pricey, but the on the ground costs sound pretty good.

I'm about 80% in at this point.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 9:40 am
Original Poster

CubsGirl sent me a great PM with lots of info. I guess I would like to know which hotels are the most convenient to get to the events. Are cabs plentiful and safe? My friend was robbed by a bunch of guys in the middle of the day on his trip to Argentina. I'm not a super nervous person and I know basic spanish, but if there is popular participant hotel, I would just as well choose that.

The flights are a bit pricey, but the on the ground costs sound pretty good.

I'm about 80% in at this point.
Yes, plenty of Cabs and if you get a Hotel or Restaurant or Shop to call/select you one, you are totally fine. Inexpensive when compared to US Taxi prices.

In terms of participating hotels, we dont have any official places to stay but as detailed above, all the SPG, Hilton, Hyatt and Marriott hotels in town will always have someone attending the DO so this should allow you to share a few cabs, etc.

Hope you are able to make it down.... please keep us updated on your booking process, etc.

Cheers,
Alex / Gaucho100K
Old Jul 15, 2012, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by asya999
The stars are lining up for my non-FT travel and FT DOs!

I'm going to South America for a work trip. I just realized that I arrive in EZE on Saturday afternoon 9/1 and I don't have work till a few days later, so I'm likely in for Saturday and/or Sunday dinners and some Sunday activity and maybe Monday - depending on what gets confirmed.

I might even drag one of my co-workers along if the description of this group doesn't scare him too much!
Excellent !!! ^

I will put you on the confirmed list... please let us know where you are staying, this may help other participants and potential participants know where they can try to get a room if they want to share cabs, etc.

Let us know if you manage to make it plus 1 with your coworker...
Old Jul 15, 2012, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cliburn
I see the Park Hyatt has a "Hyatt Free Time" rate. Looks like the 3rd night is free.
Reduces the price from super expensive to just expensive..
Hi... may I put you on the interested list...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.