Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Cow Do VIII (EZE) - Aug 31 to Sep 03, 2012

Cow Do VIII (EZE) - Aug 31 to Sep 03, 2012

Old Sep 17, 2011, 9:02 am

Programs: airline independent; HHonors Diamond/Marriott Titanium
Well.. it's been five years, and with this much advance notice. I will make a way to get down there this year. Hopefully with my +1. Since she's never been to Argentina, and is not vegetarian, and has been known to drink a glass of wine from time to time, I think she will enjoy.

Now to figure out transportation down there.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 9:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by dlnewbie
Well.. it's been five years, and with this much advance notice. I will make a way to get down there this year. Hopefully with my +1. Since she's never been to Argentina, and is not vegetarian, and has been known to drink a glass of wine from time to time, I think she will enjoy.

Now to figure out transportation down there.
Someone needs to get word to Mendoza to up the production.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 5:40 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Will update the list later today...,
Old Sep 22, 2011, 4:37 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Well, I would have liked to read that you do have time for this... alas, I will see the glass half full and keep my fingers crossed that you do find good fares and are able to make it down again !!! ^
I too am hoping. The awards seem to have dried up on the weekends lately though. I will know better by January.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Bump...... anybody else up for considering coming to this event...???
Old Oct 6, 2011, 3:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I recently saw a Travel Channel show about BsAs. They mentioned a local trend in restaurants called casa cerados, or closed houses. In a nutshell, restaurants in private houses. Is there any truth to this or is it something they heard about and over-embellished reality?

If this is accurate, do you suggest this as an option for one of the meals?
Old Oct 6, 2011, 3:30 pm
YLW

Programs: AS AC AA SPG IHG Gold
I have been watching these threads for TWO years, dying to attend this DO. Mr Y is also very interested, but can never travel that weekend, so I am hoping to rustle up some friends to join me.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 8:36 am

Mark me confirmed! I grabbed a ticket this morning with the release of AAward seats. I'm arriving on Wed (8/29) and departing on Mon night (9/3). I'm staying at the Marriott, for now.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Cool..... very nice to read folks are already confirmed !!!! ^
Old Nov 4, 2011, 1:37 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Yes folks... its that time of the year today. With the end of today's activities, the seventh annual Cow Do has come to an end, and its therefore time to start the new master thread for Cow Do VIII.
UGH, I've so wanted to make it to this Do, as every FTer I've spoken with has loved it and EZE.

BUT we host an annual Labor Day party up in N Wisconsin, have been for nearly 20 years, I don't see any end in sight, so once again, we won't be able to make this Do. One of these years I'll just have to say to our annual guests, "sorry no Labor Day party this year as I'm headed to EZE" (but then I actually won't make EZE as Mrs Sweet Willie will have promptly executed me)
Old Nov 7, 2011, 5:04 am

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
UGH, I've so wanted to make it to this Do, as every FTer I've spoken with has loved it and EZE.

BUT we host an annual Labor Day party up in N Wisconsin, have been for nearly 20 years, I don't see any end in sight, so once again, we won't be able to make this Do. One of these years I'll just have to say to our annual guests, "sorry no Labor Day party this year as I'm headed to EZE" (but then I actually won't make EZE as Mrs Sweet Willie will have promptly executed me)
I was going to suggest to Alex that for a change of pace that next year the date be pushed back another month to Columbus Day weekend. It would be slightly warmer in EZE and would give those a chance who can't make this particular weekend an opportunity to come to the do. But he REALLY plans early (as can be seen from the date of the op). Anyway, food for future thought.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 6:02 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Anyway, food for future thought.
I like food, I hear the food is pretty darn tasty in Argentina & of course so is the wine
Old Nov 7, 2011, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
I like food, I hear the food is pretty darn tasty in Argentina & of course so is the wine
Indeed
Old Nov 7, 2011, 6:45 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Don't forget to put me on the list, including all dinners, both wine tastings, and the Colonia excursion.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I was going to suggest to Alex that for a change of pace that next year the date be pushed back another month to Columbus Day weekend. It would be slightly warmer in EZE and would give those a chance who can't make this particular weekend an opportunity to come to the do. But he REALLY plans early (as can be seen from the date of the op). Anyway, food for future thought.
Oh for the love if humanity please no! I've already booked my flight. Delay a month and I may not be able to make the Do.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.