Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

"Oz Fest #9" – Canberra Australia - Memorial Day Weekend, May 25-27, 2012

"Oz Fest #9" – Canberra Australia - Memorial Day Weekend, May 25-27, 2012

Old May 31, 2012, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
OK ..... the Caravan Rolls On To Perth .........................

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...l#post18671902

Glen

Old May 31, 2012, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
While the caravan rolls onweard ...

Thanks to all who helped oganise this including (but not limited to) the special efforts of *A Flyer, SQ421 for picking us up from the airport (still owe you that drink ...) and the "Fredds" for the use of the "Presidential Suite" on Saturday night

Old Friends and new Friends all, hope to catch up with you in Perth next year, if not sooner.
Old May 31, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: QF WP, LTG, QP on hold
And we also need to add our thanks to all who made it such a wonderful weekend, most expecially *A Flyer for all his cat herding skills.

Audrey
Old May 31, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
Originally Posted by falconea
And we also need to add our thanks to all who made it such a wonderful weekend, most especially *A Flyer for all his cat herding skills.
Shouldn't that be "sheep herding" skills?
Old May 31, 2012, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by gvdIAD
Shouldn't that be "sheep herding" skills?
You need pointy ears and a waggy tail to qualify as a sheep herder nowadays, I thought?

Or a 4 wheel drive (SUV). I've done that and it's, well, interesting, rounding up a mob of 2,000 sheep in a massive paddock while bouncing over rocks and trees and trying to not scrape off the sheep farmer who's hanging on outside the passenger door.

Alas, the family sheep/wheat station in WA is no more, or I'd add a trip there to the OzFest 10 agenda.

Audrey
Old May 31, 2012, 4:18 pm

PS: This is the paddock in question - and of course the sheep got into the trees!
https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Co...ralia&t=h&z=15

The original farmhouse: https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Co...ralia&t=h&z=19

You can see all the trees that have been planted to combat salinity - all the lakes you see in the area are salt lakes. Bore water here is saltier than seawater. My cousin was one of the first to experiment with planting trees to combat salinity - those trees in the paddock to the right of the farmhouse were planted in the 1970s and were very successful.

Audrey

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.