Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Hyatt London Do: 25-28th October 2012 (sponsored)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt London Do: 25-28th October 2012 (sponsored)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2011, 6:00 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
I am interested. Love London in the fall.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 9:39 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
If I could make it work with my schedule, I would be interested. Fall is a tough time for me, though, due to the Jewish holidays and an annual trade show I attend.

Thanks to this year's Star Mega Do, I will be a Hyatt Platinum in 2012.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:52 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Stay certs for this hotel are $249.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 12:29 pm

You can put me on the list as "maybe"
Old Jul 29, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SS255
If I could make it work with my schedule, I would be interested. Fall is a tough time for me, though, due to the Jewish holidays and an annual trade show I attend.

Thanks to this year's Star Mega Do, I will be a Hyatt Platinum in 2012.
I think that is Hyatt Diamond.....

I think even at that, I'll be hoping for a roommate.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by miffSC
I think that is Hyatt Diamond.....

I think even at that, I'll be hoping for a roommate.
You're right! I'm Hyatt Platinum now, and will be Diamond next year.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 3:00 am
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
Please put me on the list as "maybe".
Old Jul 31, 2011, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
I have made a survey online to help collate information. Please complete as best you can. I understand that available dates are unlikely to be known at this point.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HZ6HNS2
Old Jul 31, 2011, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
While I get the reasoning, I don't attend Dos where I'm required to stay at a particular brand. I know on SMD3 this year, they're requiring folk to stay at Hyatts if they want the goody bags and/or Diamond status, but in past you were encouraged to stay at the hotel sponsor, not required to do so & SMD is a bit in its own league, not the same as most Dos.

I like Hyatt so it's nothing against the chain, but there are less expensive options in London w/ Marriott, IHG & Hilton on weekends, & often on Dos in high-ticket cities people will use their points. And if some need nights to keep their status they need to stay where they'll get credit for their stays.

If Hyatt cut a really, really, really cheap rate you might be able to get some to switch for that weekend.

Again, I totally get the reasoning & it's nothing against Hyatt - or the other sponsors. Just curious - if nothing is compulsary, how do you tell the sponsors how many they'll have attending their 15-minute presentations, or do you just go off the entired registered list?

And will you make the airline thing totally separate or a one for all (ie, entire weekend)?

BTW - the weekend line-up looks quite nice!

Cheers.
while I agree in principle with what the poster is saying that requiring to stay at the Hyatt is a bit weird and I'm a hyatt guy myself.

However, I had to laugh at the SMD thing is a " league of its own " ha ha.. its virtually a useless do for a OW traveler.. Star means nothing to me and a lot of others so by default its useless for a lot of us who don't fly the star alliance. Oh sure there may be a few non Star folk on board but the vast majority are star people i'm guessing so to say its a league of its own is a nice stretch

edited to say. i took the survey but answered it based on Autumn 2011 not 2012.. i have no idea what will be happening in 12 or even my status
Old Aug 1, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
while I agree in principle with what the poster is saying that requiring to stay at the Hyatt is a bit weird and I'm a hyatt guy myself.

However, I had to laugh at the SMD thing is a " league of its own " ha ha.. its virtually a useless do for a OW traveler.. Star means nothing to me and a lot of others so by default its useless for a lot of us who don't fly the star alliance. Oh sure there may be a few non Star folk on board but the vast majority are star people i'm guessing so to say its a league of its own is a nice stretch

edited to say. i took the survey but answered it based on Autumn 2011 not 2012.. i have no idea what will be happening in 12 or even my status
Off-topic:

SMDs in a league of its own has to do w/ what occurs at SMDos & the massive amount of planning, such as actually chartering a plane & getting DOT approval, getting into 787 Dreamliner & Dreamlifters, doing flight simulators, doing missed approach at Toulouse, and all the other gazillion things that happen w/ SMDs, so as such is in a league of its own compared to most Dos with all due respect to Do organizers (including myself, who's organized Dos). Since it's StarMegaDo, obviously it's *Alliance only (duh). However, they're thinking of doing a OneWorld in '12, so you can sign up for that & experience it for yourself instead of armchair quarterbacking & tossing out snarky comments

On-topic:

I'll do the survey, but unless Hyatt offers a fabulous rate I would miss half of the Do events since I'd be staying elsewhere & thus would have to decide if the other events are worth a trip to London. It also depends on when it occurs. I usually have biz trips in the autumn.

Cheers.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 4:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
How about contacting the Andaz as well? They have cheaper weekend rates and if we're doing this over a weekend then it might be a lot cheaper.

I just took the survey, looking forward to this!
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
I can ask Andaz. Problem is that Churchill is better location for people arriving at Heathrow and for many touristy things. Also, as there is no club lounge at Andaz, may not work so well.

I will also ask Hyatt about how they feel if some people stay in a different hotel but attend eg meal etc at the Hyatt.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
Interested.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by price123
I can ask Andaz. Problem is that Churchill is better location for people arriving at Heathrow and for many touristy things. Also, as there is no club lounge at Andaz, may not work so well.

I will also ask Hyatt about how they feel if some people stay in a different hotel but attend eg meal etc at the Hyatt.
Well Andez is in the same 'family', so maybe Churchill would be ok with doing some joint thing - or they can do some inter-accounting thing where Andez also helps underwrite it.

I agree with price123 that the Churchill is a better location than Andez.

And maybe Hyatt might come up w/ some small fee to attend the events (not the full catering cost per person) at their property if other stay elsewhere.

Cheers.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 2:38 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
Filled out survey, I will say possibly choosing US Labor day weekend might be an option also. While its a major vacation weekend as families come back from summer, I think that having the extra free day off from work would be refreshing as being US based the amount of travel time required to and from is quite a bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.