Wiki Posts
Search

"Chicago Seminars 2011" October 29 and 30 Registration Open

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by almitasails
We are registered and confirmed, and would like to see the details of the seminars for which we registered. Can someone tell me how to do this? Also, if we weren't able to attend some seminars due to them have already been full, is there a way we can get on a waitlist for specific sessions?

Thanks!~
Send me a PM with your full name and email address used to register. I can send you the list.

There is no waiting list for seminars. Too much work. This has been mentioned several times in this thread including in post #1.

Originally Posted by dreamfool
I heard some seminars are now full, what will happen if all of them are full? I am unable to register earlier, and I am afraid I will be able to register but have no seminars to attend.
Except for the Sunday 11 am breakouts which will be placed in various spots, there are one or two seminars going on at a time.

When there are 2, the limits on the rooms are 300 and 250. If one fills up, there is guaranteed space in the other. When you register, if one of the choices for the timeslot on the drop-down menu is "grayed out," that one is full.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Sep 27, 2011 at 8:55 am
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:15 am

Programs: UA General
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Send me a PM with your full name and email address used to register. I can send you the list.

There is no waiting list for seminars. Too much work. This has been mentioned several times in this thread including in post #1.

Except for the Sunday 11 am breakouts which will be placed in various spots, there are one or two seminars going on at a time.

When there are 2, the limits on the rooms are 300 and 250. If one fills up, there is guaranteed space in the other. When you register, if one of the choices for the timeslot on the drop-down menu is "grayed out," that one is full.
Thank you toomanybooks, I will go register now!
Old Sep 27, 2011, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Up to 475.

My ATL-based brother who generally flies DL reports that RT fares to Chicago have dropped to about $153. If you have been holding off, might want to check the latest.

Within the next couple days I will attempt to send out emails through Eventbrite soliciting your input into T-shirt design (from miffSC) and from Gomike concerning what attendees in his seminar want him to cover. Please watch for them and respond if applicable.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 3:42 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
T-Shirts

We are going to do our best to have T-shirts once again this year to commemorate this awesome event. We will not be using Cafe Press this year but will have them printed ahead of time and shipped to the hotel.

We have a survey that we would like to have as many people who can to answer - so that we can get an idea of how many T-shirts to have printed, etc. The T-shirts will be the good quality Hanes tagless... and are of a good 'weight.'

toomanybooks or ingy - could you please help with getting news of this survey out to everyone as we discussed earlier? Thanks.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5ZQ2LDG

Last edited by miffSC; Sep 27, 2011 at 10:05 pm
Old Sep 27, 2011, 4:34 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by miffSC

We have a survey that we would like to have as many people who can to answer - so that we can get an idea of how many T-shirts to have printed, etc.

^
Old Sep 28, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Booked, and will be flying in from TLV for the weekend for this event.

In the true spirit of FT, I managed to snag a C fare on LOT, paying just $0.0047 out-of-pocket per mile flown - thanks to tricks I learned on FT!

See you all in a month,
Bostonbali
Old Sep 28, 2011, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We are going to do our best to have T-shirts once again this year to commemorate this awesome event. We will not be using Cafe Press this year but will have them printed ahead of time and shipped to the hotel.

We have a survey that we would like to have as many people who can to answer - so that we can get an idea of how many T-shirts to have printed, etc. The T-shirts will be the good quality Hanes tagless... and are of a good 'weight.'

toomanybooks or ingy - could you please help with getting news of this survey out to everyone as we discussed earlier? Thanks.

SURVEY HAS BEEN SENT through Eventbrite.

Please fill it out to help miffSC's planning efforts. Thanks.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

476 this morning.

Some stats:

2010 attendee?
Yes: 158
No: 318

Preferred airline
AA: 107
DL: 73
UA/CO: 159
US: 27
WN: 17
Alaska/Jetblue/Virgin/Other/None: 2-10 each

Airline alliances
What you'd expect, given airline choice

Preferred hotel chain
Hilton: 98
Hyatt: 45
Marriott: 61
PC/Intercontinental: 52
Starwood: 118
None: 22
Wyndham/Choice/Radisson (Carlson): 0-1 each

Friday 7 pm
Maximizing DL: 181
Tech Travel: 249
Neither : 40

Saturday 9 am
Rookie Bootcamp: 429
Not attending: 47

Saturday 10 am
Award booking: 300 (sold out)
Hyatt/PC: 165

Saturday 1 pm
Priceline/BRG/Timeshares: 167
SPG/UA: 300 (sold out)

Saturday 3 pm
Mileage runs: 239
Credit cards: 232

Saturday 5 pm
Mileage Runs workshop: 300 (sold out)
Meet the Speakers: 165

Sunday 9 am
Sponsors workshop: 436
Not attending: 40

Sunday 11 am
Pudding and Pickles: 194
Moderated breakouts: 272

Sunday 3 pm
Beaubo and Randy: 441
Not attending: 35
Old Sep 28, 2011, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Vegan/vegetarian lunch at the DO

The catering staff told us they can do veggie wraps and salads and such for lunch.

If this is a requirement for you, please PM me so we can give them some idea of what they should prepare.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There seem to have been more airfare sales to Chicago announced lately.

Per Travelzoo:

"$39 & up -- Fares from Chicago & Milwaukee Across U.S. (each way)

Travel dates: Select dates Oct. 5-Nov. 17

AirTran, American, Delta, JetBlue, Spirit, United and other airlines have launched sales on many routes out of Chicago and Milwaukee. These sales are valid for for travel Oct. 5 - Nov. 17 in most cases, and some sales end as soon as Friday, Sept. 30."
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:19 am

For those of you who did not attend last year's Do - here is a copy of the logo for the t-shirt. Of course, this year's will be slightly different but similar in design.
Last year's catch-phrase was "Out of the ORDinary" - we may go with this again, but our 'committee' is brainstorming for something new. Ideas can be added to the suggestion box on the survey or pm'd to me if you have already completed the survey.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:37 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
For those of you who did not attend last year's Do - here is a copy of the logo for the t-shirt. Of course, this year's will be slightly different but similar in design.
Last year's catch-phrase was "Out of the ORDinary" - we may go with this again, but our 'committee' is brainstorming for something new. Ideas can be added to the suggestion box on the survey or pm'd to me if you have already completed the survey.

As a Reminder to the T-Shirt Committee, FT has not sponsored the event this year and MilePoint has. PLease make note as you design the t shirts
Old Sep 29, 2011, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by ingy
As a Reminder to the T-Shirt Committee, FT has not sponsored the event this year and MilePoint has. PLease make note as you design the t shirts
Yes, we know that First thing to be removed will be the FT logo .
Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.94MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ingy
Shhhhh! You don't want to get banned like SMD...
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have just sent out emails to those registered for gomike's seminar, with a link to a survey he'd like them to take, detailing their preferences, so he can be sure to tailor it right.

Please fill it out to assist him.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.