Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

The Community Lounge - good m/a/e everybody - enjoy your stay with us.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2010, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold

good m/a/ & welcome to the THE COMMUNITYBUZZ! LOUNGE. We are pleased to have you here!

We are here to provide you with whatever assistance you may need. However, don’t be surprised if, more often than not, your fellow Lounge mates are just as helpful to you — if not more so — as are we. Please welcome new members and show them, what a nice place this can be. This Lounge is open for everyone, the communitybuzz!-moderators are the hosts and will enforce some rules, making this a nice and welcoming place:

Before entering the Lounge, please follow the recommended guidelines:
  • Content in mileposts pertaining to the discussion of controversial topics, such as politics and religion, will be subject to editing and/or deletion. Off-topic discussion is allowed in this thread, but remember — do not abuse this thread for posting runs (this is not a randy-competition-post-as-much-as-you-want-thread.)
  • No milepost padding will be allowed at any time. Excessive mileposts are subject to deletion.
  • As with the other communitybuzz!-threads, this thread is subject to the same guidelines, rules, terms and conditions governing FlyerTalk. While we do not like to do so unless absolutely necessary, your hosts, will take action if deemed necessary.
  • Please try to respond to multiple mileposts at the same time by including the quotes in one milepost. This helps to reduce the incessant “bumping” of this thread and also may make this thread easier to read.

Reducing the humor and other off-topic discussion in the other threads will help in keeping those threads informative with valuable information for those communitybuzz!-members who are primarily looking for information about DOs.We trust that all participants will use their good judgement, as they have done for the most part in the past, in ensuring that this thread remains civil, with a fun community spirit that may be shared by all.

This Lounge serves many purposes, with the main purpose dedicated to improving and strengthening the flyertalk community and its spirit. We hope that no one will feel left out from participating in the Lounge, but I'd like to remember than you are not allowed to go for posting-runs!!!

For housekeeping reasons, we may close this thread at any time, we may re-open it or replace it by a similar thread - or keep it closed if we feel uncomfortable about it. Please behave and make this the most welcome place on flyertalk.

Last edited by chrissxb; Jan 15, 2011 at 11:07 am
Old Dec 12, 2010, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

please use the multiquote function. look here how to do it: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15533545-post1863.html
please do not post more than 5 reasonably-sized photos per post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15715440-post4189.html

regards,

chrissxb
co-moderator
communitybuzz!

Last edited by chrissxb; Jan 23, 2011 at 1:11 am Reason: we just got extended opening hours approved - please behave and it will remain open 24/7
Old Dec 12, 2010, 4:52 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
I promise to behave and ^ to a great idea of a thread ! A big thank you to Randy for this
Old Dec 12, 2010, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by psollitt
A big thank you to Randy for this
only Randy? I think there are three mods involved, too
Old Dec 12, 2010, 4:57 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
Originally Posted by chrissxb
oops... AND chrissxb, Jenbel and Cholula ... i meant to say ... :-:
Old Dec 12, 2010, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Thank you to all the mods who is involved and against having it.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by karung99
Thank you to all the mods who is involved and against having it.
so we were against having it? interesting.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

so we were against having it? interesting.
Good Morning and how are you?
Old Dec 12, 2010, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Good Morning and how are you?
except that it's 3pm at my place, I am doing great. good to see some people starting to populate this place ... so that would be a good afternoon as reply.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 7:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
this is not a randy-competition-post-as-much-as-you-want-thread
If randy posts are not allowed here, I will have precious little to talk about.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

except that it's 3pm at my place, I am doing great. good to see some people starting to populate this place ... so that would be a good afternoon as reply.
it is 6:25 am here in beautiful of San Francisco

First time to post using Ipad don't know how to use this toy yet but lot of fun

Originally Posted by Dovster
If randy posts are not allowed here, I will have precious little to talk about.
Where did you read Randy post are not allow on T&C?

Last edited by chrissxb; Dec 12, 2010 at 10:28 am Reason: merging consecutive posts
Old Dec 12, 2010, 7:48 am

First time to post using Ipad don't know how to use this toy yet but lot of fun
I will wait until the next gen of the ipad i think... as tempted by shinney flashy things that i am...
Old Dec 12, 2010, 7:59 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Good Morning all! It's 4:59AM here in Honoluu and still quite dark outside. I had intended to turn over and go back to sleep, but saw the Welcome Mat thrown out and had to scuff my shoes on it, step on in, and have a look at this fresh and clean, brand new thread! It still has that "new thread" smell. We hope to make it warm and cozy during its trial month. Yippee! we are no longer homeless and lost!

Thanks to all the MODs for this trial run. We hope to make this thread just as fun and welcoming as the last one.

I'll say it again, we are no longer homeless and lost!!!!
Old Dec 12, 2010, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by psollitt
I will wait until the next gen of the ipad i think... as tempted by shinney flashy things that i am...
I was going to wait too, but Christmas come earlier than the new Ipad, buy it for +1

+1 loves it, I was hoping the opposite so I can use it and I got the credit for Christmas gift too.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 8:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Where did you read Randy post are not allow on T&C?
I did not say "Randy posts" -- I said "randy posts".

There is a difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.