FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Come Fly With Me (FLY FOR FREE) on the Star Alliance MegaDo II (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1126028-come-fly-me-fly-free-star-alliance-megado-ii.html)

Randy Petersen Sep 13, 2010 1:13 pm

Come Fly With Me (FLY FOR FREE) on the Star Alliance MegaDo II

As many of you might remember, last year I gave away one seat on the inagural StarMegaDo trip. And what a trip it was. Last year's winner, ConciergeMike enjoyed whizzing around Europe in a private charter with 300 other FlyerTalkers, touring the Airbus factory and the A380 in Toulouse, meeting and dining with Star Alliance executives, and hobnobbing with reporters from several international media outlets. (And I think I even let him keep the bonus miles and hotel points for his own accounts!)

In fact, it was so nice I'm doing it TWICE this year.

That's right, I'm doubling down and giving away two tickets as part of this year's StarMegaDo II.

Like last year's event, this one promises to be spectacular. While the Star MegaDo II will be visiting New York, Frankfurt, Houston, Phoenix, and Seattle, only the Houston, Phoenix and Seattle portions will be the special charter flight. And like last year, along the way will be enjoying several amazing events. I don't want to say to much, as the hosts like to keep a few surprises up their sleeves, but I don't think I'll be giving anything away when I tell you the itinerary includes:

* Informal get togethers with the execs of the new United Airlines, as well as execs from Starwood, US Airways, and Boeing.

* Lunch under a Boeing 777, a tour of the 787 Dreamliner, and a photo op inside an airplane engine.

* A VIP ticket to the first ever Frequent Traveler Awards, being held in Houston on November 4.

Did I say "we"? Why yes, I did. I've booked a special VIP row on the flight (the one with the extra legroom) and the two winners I select will have the aisle and window seats surrounding my middle seat. As my special guests, you will enjoy:

* Early boarding
* Free drinks
* VIP access to all events
* Hours and hours of great conversation with me about miles, points, and anything else you want to chat about...
* and likely a swag bag that would be jealous at the Academy Awards

And who knows, you might even be quoted in a major newspaper or magazine. Last year, Conde Nast Traveler wrote an eight page spread about the event -- http://www.concierge.com/cntraveler/articles/502250 -- and several journalists will be joining us again this year.

So, at this point you might be wondering, "What do I have to do to get my hands on one of these two VIP tickets?"

The answer to that question is, frankly, not much.

THE RULES (such as they are):
Just like last year, the only rule is, there are no rules**. I want these tickets to go to enthusiastic members of FlyerTalk, so I'll be selecting two members who demonstrate their enthusiasm by posting in this thread. I'll be picking the winners at random and you can post as many times as you want before 12:00 p.m. (noon) Thursday, September 30, 2010 - Mountain Time.

You read that right. All you have to do to be eligible for this unique experience as my guest is to post something -- anything, even a single word -- into this thread. It only takes a single entry to be the lucky one, AND you can post and enter as many times as you like. But do me a favor -- no large type size posts, no images and no colored text.

Here's what I'm personally going to pay for:
I had a lot of input from last year that many more members were really interested to go along, but taking a whole week off from work was just too much. So this year, I'm going to narrow it down again and hope that this shorten schedule will work for just about any member as you'll only have to worry about taking Thursday and Friday off to go along on this very special member event.
- I'll fly you into Houston early on Thursday Nov. 4
- I'll pay your fee to attend the Frequent Traveler Awards Thursday night.
- I'll pay for your seat on the Star MegaDo II charter flight from Houston to Phoenix and then on to Seattle and then back to Houston and I'll get you home from there.
- I'll cover your hotel room on Thursday night (Houston) and Friday night (Seattle).
- I'll cover any and all additional expenses such as that early morning Starbucks and any additional meals if you're the hungry type.

There's likely more but you will certainly be my special guest on this trip.

Good luck and thanks for your continued support of FlyerTalk.

P.S. You might want to tell other friends and flyers you have on FlyerTalk to enter their own posts as a chance to win this since wouldn't it be cool if you both won?

[**OK, there is one rule: I'll only select members who registered on FlyerTalk prior to Sep. 16, 2010.]
[**OK, there is one more rule: No posting bots. Anyone not personally posting themselves risks their entry to fly with me.]

amejr999 Sep 16, 2010 2:23 pm

Me! :-)

trainman74 Sep 16, 2010 2:24 pm

Thanks for the opportunity -- and for being willing to take the middle seat! :D

sdm1130 Sep 16, 2010 2:26 pm

Another great opportunity - thanks Randy! ^

sdm1130 Sep 16, 2010 2:26 pm

Who will be the first to start posting random tax codes?

AMF in NJ Sep 16, 2010 2:29 pm

And so it beings. :-:

belynch Sep 16, 2010 2:30 pm

Excellent, thanks Randy.

windwalker Sep 16, 2010 2:30 pm

posty post

AMF in NJ Sep 16, 2010 2:31 pm

Posty post. :D

ConciergeMike Sep 16, 2010 2:31 pm

I can't defend the crown. My vacation time is sucked up on a honeymoon.

Thanks for the experience, Randy - it was a great time that I wish I could get to again.

belynch Sep 16, 2010 2:31 pm

executives with USAirways?

That airline is still in business? :p

AMF in NJ Sep 16, 2010 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by windwalker (Post 14669593)
posty post

Damn you! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

SEA777GUY Sep 16, 2010 2:31 pm

Would be great to fly with you Randy, thanks for this great offer! Would be a great award to cap off my loss of 100lbs.

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

belynch Sep 16, 2010 2:32 pm

When does the insanity end (missed it in Randy's post)?

sdm1130 Sep 16, 2010 2:32 pm

I have a MR scheduled for Saturday, 11/6 but I suppose I could miss it for the SMD. ^