Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to meet other FT'ers on same flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:44 am
Original Poster

How to meet other FT'ers on same flight

This is an open discussion on how FT'ers can spot one another if they are sitting next to each other. While luggage tags on rollerboard and laptop bags are nice, often times people do not look at someone's luggage as they put it in the overhead bin. I also do no not like invading someone's personal space by examining there luggage/laptop bags, etc as they stow it under their seat. FT pins are OK but you have to remember to bring your pin and have it visible.

What we need is something simple yet obvious that your seatmate is a FT'er. How about the following:
  1. When boarding door is shut or when all seats are full, take emergency exit pamplet, open it, hang it upside down, and have it such that it is visible from seat pocket.
  2. When flight is complete, take emergency exit, and flip-it right side up.

Doing procedure may also spark conversation with future FT'ers too. This is merely a suggestion and apologies if there is a better way to spot one another.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:49 am

Programs: AA - PP
Simple, just walk up to everyone and ask "Do you know who I am?". If they do, then they're an FT'er.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:54 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by ComAirKid
This is an open discussion on how FT'ers can spot one another if they are sitting next to each other. While luggage tags on rollerboard and laptop bags are nice, often times people do not look at someone's luggage as they put it in the overhead bin. I also do no not like invading someone's personal space by examining there luggage/laptop bags, etc as they stow it under their seat. FT pins are OK but you have to remember to bring your pin and have it visible.

What we need is something simple yet obvious that your seatmate is a FT'er. How about the following:
  1. When boarding door is shut or when all seats are full, take emergency exit pamplet, open it, hang it upside down, and have it such that it is visible from seat pocket.
  2. When flight is complete, take emergency exit, and flip-it right side up.

Doing procedure may also spark conversation with future FT'ers too. This is merely a suggestion and apologies if there is a better way to spot one another.
The bright yellow FT tags have worked fine for me.... And I haven't had to act too strangely to get recognized.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 7:03 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Have the FA ask all FT'ers on board to ring their call buttons (that will make it easier for them to comp adult beverages)

MO
Old Aug 24, 2010, 7:36 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by MachOne
Have the FA ask all FT'ers on board to ring their call buttons (that will make it easier for them to comp adult beverages)

MO
Simple and easy. Could result in new members and more competition for the highly contested UGs.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 7:45 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ComAirKid
What we need is something simple yet obvious that your seatmate is a FT'er.
How about having the FA's add at the end of their safety announcement, "And we would especially like to recognize our FTer's on this flight. Please stand up and take a bow for the non-elite pax."
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
How about having the FA's add at the end of their safety announcement, "And we would especially like to recognize our FTer's on this flight. Please stand up and take a bow for the non-elite pax."
Nice!
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:40 am

Programs: DL PM(sigh)/2.3MM & a bunch of other programs...
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
"We would especially like to thank our Diamond, Platinum, Gold and FlyerTalk passengers with us on today's flight."
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
The FA's could announce that any FT'er who stands up, announces their handle and takes a bow will receive a bonus of 500 MQM's.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:22 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Originally Posted by SeaClay007
"We would especially like to thank our Diamond, Platinum, Gold and FlyerTalk passengers with us on today's flight."
Good job! In true DL fashion you ignored Silvers...^
Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by dd992emo
I was hoping someone would catch on.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by dd992emo

I like the annoucment but I would go a little further and specifically exclude FO.

"We would like to thank everyone on today's flight except our Skymiles Silver members"
Old Aug 24, 2010, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by avidflyer
I like the annoucment but I would go a little further and specifically exclude FO.

"We would like to thank everyone on today's flight except our Skymiles Silver members"
Interestingly, in BOS, as you probably know, there is a Silver-only check-in line, often with two people on duty (as is the case with the Sky Priority line).

At least in BOS on the ground, FOs are getting some special treatment.

Last edited by SeaClay007; Aug 24, 2010 at 11:13 am Reason: punctuation
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:36 pm

Programs: Delta Ham Sammich, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold, Chalet Suites Matterhorn
Originally Posted by SeaClay007
Interestingly, in BOS, as you probably know, there is a Silver-only check-in line, often with two people on duty (as is the case with the Sky Priority line).

At least in BOS on the ground, FOs are getting some special treatment.
At EWR last week, I seem to recall the Sky Priority check in line sign stating in bold letters near the bottom "Silver Medallion".
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, CO GOLD
I was thinking of a FT tattoo like a tear drop on my right eye?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.