Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

"Oz Fest #8" – Darwin Australia - Memorial Day Weekend, May 27-29, 2011

"Oz Fest #8" – Darwin Australia - Memorial Day Weekend, May 27-29, 2011

Old Jan 5, 2011, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Yep the prices are heading up. Probably better off getting a few people together and renting an apartment style place such as Mantra on the Esplanade. They seem to have three bedrooms available for about $500 a night. Split between three people would be about $166 a night
Old Jan 7, 2011, 2:46 am

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
I suggest you look at a points or a points and pay booking.

All three IHG hotels have rooms for 25000, 20000 + $40, or 15000 + $60 points per night.

For those going to Kakadu the Croc hotel has rooms for 15000, 10000 + $40, or 5000 + $60 points per night.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown
For those going to Kakadu the Croc hotel has rooms for 15000, 10000 + $40, or 5000 + $60 points per night.
I totally forgot about that. Guess i better find the dates and get booking fro pre-do. I saw on the news last night that arts of Crocodile Dendee was partly filmed in Kakadu. SO excited
Old Jan 7, 2011, 5:59 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Originally Posted by CDKing
I totally forgot about that. Guess i better find the dates and get booking fro pre-do. I saw on the news last night that arts of Crocodile Dendee was partly filmed in Kakadu. SO excited
Yes, yes, you must come!....OBBabe is working out a lovely itinerary for us all.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 6:10 am

To the certain disappointment of the academy, could you please downgrade me to Silver.

It's looking more than likely that I won't be able to make this Do. I've got already quite a bit of travel planned, but due to shortening income and the requirements for that travel, I've had to opt out of much more Do travel than in previous years.

That's probably a long-winded way of saying, "I'm trying to save money for other travel".

It's a bit of a shame since I have never been to NT before, and this would have been an excellent opportunity to both see Darwin and part of NT with great company.

My hat definitely goes off to the organisation team of these Dos. They are not easy to organise, and this one is certainly going to be no exception.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dedehans
Yes, yes, you must come!....OBBabe is working out a lovely itinerary for us all.
Already planned on it. I get in 04:00 on the 24th and I'm staying at Melaleuca On Mitchel Hostel as my pre-do, pre-do, do accommodation (did i lose you there ). Had to buy two nights due to my extremely early check in. Got myself a private room (yes i know, oxymoron) for $99 a night.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 6:43 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Originally Posted by CDKing
Already planned on it. I get in 04:00 on the 24th and I'm staying at Melaleuca On Mitchel Hostel as my pre-do, pre-do, do accommodation (did i lose you there ). Had to buy two nights due to my extremely early check in. Got myself a private room (yes i know, oxymoron) for $99 a night.
Good. ^
Old Jan 11, 2011, 5:34 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Qantas sale on at the moment for May

BNE $159
MEL $179
PER $189
SYD $199

Virgin Blue fares for May (add $10 for 20 kg luggage)

BNE $138
MEL $118
PER $138
SYD $229 (Not on sale)
Old Jan 16, 2011, 8:32 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Please count me in as a definite.

I'll be flying in from SIN on JetStar (regrettably) but the cost of the fare (around SGD$450 return) is hard to ignore. Plus the fact that it's a short 4-hour hop. And its direct.

I've booked the CP. The rate the website gave me was A$364 a night - obviously the room is lined with gold, you receive a small Korean car as a welcome gift and Moet Chandon is the house brand mouthwash.

Or something like that.

See you there.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by eightblack
I've booked the CP. The rate the website gave me was A$364 a night - obviously the room is lined with gold, you receive a small Korean car as a welcome gift and Moet Chandon is the house brand mouthwash.
Well that's quite obvious to answer. The room is lined with gold...in the wiring; most Korean cars are small enough to fold into your pocket and Moet Chandon frequently is house brand mouthwash.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 8:46 pm

Programs: QF
Arrow

I'll be flying in from SIN on JetStar (regrettably) but the cost of the fare (around SGD$450 return) is hard to ignore. Plus the fact that it's a short 4-hour hop. And its direct.

Or something like that.

See you there.
Hi eightblack, below is the link for the OzFest rate at The Crowne Plaza Hotel Darwin which is $269.00 per night including full breakfast for one. The hotel is also holding a small allocation of rooms at the OzFest Rate.

Some FTers & AFFers have used the Entertainment Card rate which was cheaper than the OzFest rate however that may not still be the case. In any case you shouldn't be paying more than AUD269.00 at the CP DRW.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/...questid=484333

Alternatively if you prefer to email the IHG in Australia the details are below or PM me & I can call the hotel direct and ask them to change it.

Courtney Park
Groups Coordinator – IHG Northern Territory
Phone: 61 8 8901 0704
Email: [email protected]

When bookings directly via phone or email, all guests wishing to book will need to quote OzFest8 and the property that they wish to confirm and the contracted rates will be quoted.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Originally Posted by ozbeachbabe
Hi eightblack, below is the link for the OzFest rate at The Crowne Plaza Hotel Darwin which is $269.00 per night including full breakfast for one. The hotel is also holding a small allocation of rooms at the OzFest Rate.
eightblack,

Welcome on board.

Please remember that at $269 per night you don't get the gold lining, the car or the Moet Chandon mouthwash!
Old Jan 16, 2011, 9:32 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown
[B]
Welcome on board.

Please remember that at $269 per night you don't get the gold lining, the car or the Moet Chandon mouthwash!
Damn! Guess the same applies to the Entertainment Card ... I was really looking forward to that mouthwash
Old Jan 16, 2011, 9:33 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold

Or something like that.

See you there.
See you there as well.

Wow, didn't think my sell job on Darwin was that good after you mentioned that you didn't like Jetstar.

And yes the hotel rooms that are A$364 a night are not lined with gold, I remember reading another thread that Australia was an expensive place.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by Pooch
Damn! Guess the same applies to the Entertainment Card ... I was really looking forward to that mouthwash
I'll shout you some 'Yellow' instead!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.