StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Subscribe
Interested to join, any prices yet ex- EU?
Quote: OK, I've managed to change my email address but is/was the password for email subscription different from the password to access the secure StarMegaDo website?
Yes, completely different.
Quote: Yes, completely different.
Either I never received my email subscription password or I've lost it. Not to worry, I now have a new one.

Strange... I thought I'd kept everything to do with SMD1.
Quote: Will we be able to pay for this with a credit card at the time of the Awards dinner, or will we need cash (or is it being sponsored at no charge to attendees)?
Our goal is to have it as a fully sponsored event. No guarantees yet, but progress is being made. If it is not fully sponsored then admission will be paid in advance, not COD.
Quote: Is the TATL basically everyone meeting for normal snacks/drinkies in the LH lounge before flight (vs last year's woo-hoo reception), the C on the flight, sleep upon arrival & the *Alliance (or whatever it will be called) dinner party, and then just snacks/drinkies before C flight to IAH, or is there something else involved?

Cheers.
That's what is on the schedule right now. I'm sure some things can be added on the FRA end, like airport tours and such, but I would not plan on a maintenance tour or the like.
Quote: Interested to join, any prices yet ex- EU?
+1.
Quote: Our goal is to have it as a fully sponsored event. No guarantees yet, but progress is being made. If it is not fully sponsored then admission will be paid in advance, not COD.
BYOB ?

Quote: That's what is on the schedule right now. I'm sure some things can be added on the FRA end, like airport tours and such, but I would not plan on a maintenance tour or the like.
Unless our flight goes MX of course... I think FT would have trouble coping under the load of half a plane of FT'ers blogging about that...
Just back from a trip to Shanghai, where loading FT pages was a pain. Think I know why, but that's off-topic.

Anyway, just had the chance to check in with this thread, and I'm looking forward to the bookings and the trip. Not sure I'll make the TATL leg, but the charter should be just fine. Also made sure my the email listing is up to date.

Thanks for all the hard work, guys.
Assuming we're using CO MeetingWorks, can it accept my booking EWR-IAH, SEA-EWR or must it follow a certain rule yet unknown to me (i.e. return leg must be from the meeting's designated endpoint, IAH or ORD assuming CO is our charter operator)?

I searched the CO forum, but MeetingWorks rules are different for each event's negotiated setup.
Quote: Assuming we're using CO MeetingWorks, can it accept my booking EWR-IAH, SEA-EWR or must it follow a certain rule yet unknown to me (i.e. return leg must be from the meeting's designated endpoint, IAH or ORD assuming CO is our charter operator)?

I searched the CO forum, but MeetingWorks rules are different for each event's negotiated setup.
MeetingWorks will be offered and you will be able to book within the routes mentioned above.

We have the charter pricing ready and will announce pricing and a complete program on Monday May 17th
Quote: We have the charter pricing ready and will announce pricing and a complete program on Monday May 17th
Yippee!!! I can't wait! Thanks for all of your hard work to Tommy and the other planners/organizers!
Quote: Interested to join, any prices yet ex- EU?
+1

Also will the ex-EU price include a TATL back to FRA only or will it be possible to get a ticket back to our home locations (in my case LHR)?

Again thanks for all your efforts. Hopefully I can organise some time off for this. ^
Quote: We have the charter pricing ready and will announce pricing and a complete program on Monday May 17th
Could we please start a new thread for that? It's getting hard to find stuff in this one.
SMD2 MeetingWorks
Quote: MeetingWorks will be offered and you will be able to book within the routes mentioned above.
Great. I'll hold back on booking my tickets to allow you guys to have my itinerary in MeetingWorks to ease your event administration overhead.
I'll move my calendar's previous note to submit the deposit on Sat May 15 then.
Quote: I'll move my calendar's previous note to submit the deposit on Sat May 15 then.
Okay, please excuse me for being ignorant on this point, but why would you submit the deposit on Saturday, May 15, when the schedule and pricing will not be announced/posted until Monday, May 17?
Quote: Okay, please excuse me for being ignorant on this point, but why would you submit the deposit on Saturday, May 15, when the schedule and pricing will not be announced/posted until Monday, May 17?
Because there was previously the intention to have booking open on May 15. That has been postponed because, among other things, it is a Saturday.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  17  57  107