Reload this Page >

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2010, 1:46 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Will send to all, we're lazy enough
Old Aug 13, 2010, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
Originally Posted by SS255
I'm sure there is a BBQ joint in Houston that would be willing to cater a lunch for us. Plus, BBQ is cheap.
I generally prefer Goode Company Barbeque on Kirby: http://bit.ly/bSaEYG. Its just a little far from IAH though.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 2:11 pm

Are the FT awards being held at the Sheraton?
Old Aug 13, 2010, 2:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tracon
Are the FT awards being held at the Sheraton?
Yes.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 3:48 pm

Programs: LH SEN/*G
CO Meetingworks code

Just wondered if CO had issued the Meetingworks Code yet?

I'm (semi-nervously) keeping an eye on the CO fares I need, and wondering if I should just book them now. If I leave it longer, they may well go up more than the Meetingworks discount would save me.

Will the Meetingworks code be a single-shot use? I need to nest two tickets to avoid the "Saturday Night Stay" rule and fly back to BRS on the last ever EWR-BRS flight on 06-NOV.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 4:19 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
I am thinking of flying out of SEA on a red-eye on the night of November 5 too, so I am certainly curious about what BristolTraveller wants to know.

(Yes, I am aware that sometimes red-eyes are scheduled for departure either before, or just after midnight, so my departure might technically be on the DATE of November 6, even if it is only at 12:15 AM.)
Old Aug 13, 2010, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by bdraco
I generally prefer Goode Company Barbeque on Kirby: http://bit.ly/bSaEYG. Its just a little far from IAH though.
I agree this is a good place...but as you said, a bit far from the airport. Most people probably wouldn't have the time to go, not to mention transportation, there.

I have to admit that I am not at all familar with the north end of town besides the airport... does anyone know if there is something on FM1960 or near that mall area at US59/FM1960 in Humble? something in Spring?
Old Aug 13, 2010, 10:41 pm

Programs: LH
Originally Posted by USirritated
I am thinking of flying out of SEA on a red-eye on the night of November 5 too
Red-eye or what is defined as red-eye?
Old Aug 13, 2010, 11:09 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by chumbawumba
Red-eye or what is defined as red-eye?
Sorry to disappoint, but no assassinations involved as in the film.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 9:08 pm

Perhaps William or somebody else can tell us if our rate at the Westin TS for Sunday night will be eligible for the 3k SPG bonus offer for Sunday night stays at participating NYC properties? And if it is eligible, does that mean it will stack with the 1k bonus?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...30-2010-a.html

(note: registration required)

Thanks,
David
Old Aug 15, 2010, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Renard
I agree this is a good place...but as you said, a bit far from the airport. Most people probably wouldn't have the time to go, not to mention transportation, there.

I have to admit that I am not at all familar with the north end of town besides the airport... does anyone know if there is something on FM1960 or near that mall area at US59/FM1960 in Humble? something in Spring?
Suggest Rudy's bbq if thats what all of you want. It's on I-45 north of the airport in Spring (15 min)
Old Aug 15, 2010, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by CJ1120
Suggest Rudy's bbq if thats what all of you want. It's on I-45 north of the airport in Spring (15 min)
@:-) Rudy's is tp ntch! While there, don't miss out on the creamed corn.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by xyzzy
@:-) Rudy's is tp ntch! While there, don't miss out on the creamed corn.
Rudy's is good... but we'll have to get you to the AUS DO next year (IIRC there is another planned for next year) and you'll be in BBQ heaven! The places that the Lurker took us to were great!
Old Aug 16, 2010, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Lightbulb

FYI -- if you tried to bk a room at the Sheraton IAH and were unable to do so, please try again. Even more rooms have just been added to our reserved block.

Xyzzy
Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:24 am

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Originally Posted by xyzzy
FYI -- if you tried to bk a room at the Sheraton IAH and were unable to do so, please try again. Even more rooms have just been added to our reserved block.
Xyzzy
So since all room types are up-for-grabs again, can anyone enlighten me which is the better choice at $119 (assuming no SPG status): Club room with lounge access or slightly bigger junior suite without lounge access?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.