Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:30 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chumbawumba
Yes, that is true. I booked the same.
This would mean, that the normal rooms are all sold out?

Be aware, that you would normally only require a room Nov. 3rd until 5th.
No, just checked, there are still rooms for 99 bucks available. You can of course pay for Club level if you're not SPG Platinum
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:31 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Someone83
Do we need a password to book the room? I can only find rooms for USD198...
Originally Posted by chumbawumba
AFAIK, That is the price for the two nights.
Haha... I wasn't the only one caught by that. But then I was trying to book a room at 1:30 in the morning after seeing tommy777's post convinced that I had missed a MegaDo email.

Originally Posted by RCyyz
Funny - my room came to $119 per night + taxes. The reservation does note it's a Club Room so I guess that's why it's a bit more.
Yes, a "traditional" room is $99 per night + taxes but they only seem to have rooms with 2 double beds left. If you select a room with one king bed you'll only find club floor or junior suite rooms at $119 per night + taxes.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Yes, a "traditional" room is $99 per night + taxes but they only seem to have rooms with 2 double beds left. If you select a room with one king bed you'll only find club floor or junior suite rooms at $119 per night + taxes.
Wow. That's a lot of rooms sold in a very short period of time..

I will check with the hotel if they have more King rooms available and get them uploaded to the website if they do. Stay tuned!
Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:11 pm

For participants not taking part in the European part of the event, we have opened up a few rooms at the 99USD rate for the Sheraton IAH if you want to arrive on Tuesday instead.

Please use the same link if you want to book that night as well
Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner

When I booked yest they only offered $99 or $119 for JrSuite. I decided to splurge for the JrSuite since I only have corp gold status w/ *Wood & figured I wouldn't get an upgrade. I don't recall club floor being one of the options, (as might have gone for that instead w/ the gold status). Just $99/king reg room or $119Jr. Suite.

Cheers.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:51 pm

More King rooms are now available for the 99USD price ^^
Old Aug 10, 2010, 1:33 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
When I booked yest they only offered $99 or $119 for JrSuite. I decided to splurge for the JrSuite since I only have corp gold status w/ *Wood & figured I wouldn't get an upgrade. I don't recall club floor being one of the options, (as might have gone for that instead w/ the gold status). Just $99/king reg room or $119Jr. Suite.
When I booked last night/early this morning I also only saw $99 or $119 for Junior Suites. I didn't see Club Floor.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Damn - I could have had a Junior Suite for the same price as my Club room? Oh! The humanity!!
Old Aug 10, 2010, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by RCyyz
Funny - my room came to $119 per night + taxes. The reservation does note it's a Club Room so I guess that's why it's a bit more.
Didn't see the Club rooms when I was booking last night. RCyyz, I'll trade you my jr suite for your Club room...

Last edited by Shareholder; Aug 10, 2010 at 4:21 pm
Old Aug 10, 2010, 6:17 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Club room, Regular and Jr Suite were available when I booked but I guess there was a lot of reservation done last night. Decided also to go for a Jr Suite, because I feel the competition for upgrades will be high

Just joined the SMD2 recently... Happy to be on board again this year!
Old Aug 10, 2010, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
So which is really the better deal at $119? Club room with lounge access or slightly bigger junior suite without lounge access (assuming no SPG status)?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by 767300ER
Club room, Regular and Jr Suite were available when I booked but I guess there was a lot of reservation done last night. Decided also to go for a Jr Suite, because I feel the competition for upgrades will be high

Just joined the SMD2 recently... Happy to be on board again this year!
What time did you book? I did it within minutes of getting the email.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Cheers.
My advice would be to book the JR Suite if thats is what you want as there will be quite a bit of competition for upgrades.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
What time did you book? I did it within minutes of getting the email.
I have booked (via link that Tommy777 posted in this forum) at 5:51pm Eastern time and all room options were available at that time
Old Aug 10, 2010, 9:39 pm

10 bigger suites available at the Houston Sheraton

Well, folks..

Today, Theresa at the Sheraton IAH, gave me control of 10 larger suites at the property. Thats right, the upgrades are in my hands ..

Let's see what we will do with them, but a thought was to raffle the upgrades off and give the money to our favorite Flyertalk charities. There are so many Platinums so it would not be fair otherwise.

I will also ask the other properties for the same ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.