StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Subscribe
Quote: It seams that that someone has hacked the URL https://www2.starmegado.com/signup/ site. I just get Chinese like charters. Was going to sign up if space still available.

Darrel
I just tried the link and had no problem accessing it.
Quote: I just tried the link and had no problem accessing it.
Same here...I had no problems and also logged in to the back end and everything looks normal.
I just signed up, I hope I'm not too late. I signed up for the LH flights, and the charter and paid my deposit.

There was some mention of a NYC hotel option? I'll be arriving at JFK (hopefully) on the morning of Oct 31, and I will need a hotel option if there's one offered, or I can make my own arrangements. I didn't see anything on the signup form for that. Where are other people staying that night? I will probably try to use a Cash & Points rate at the Parker Meridien if there's no other group rate option.

Also, I had a question about the UA add-on segments. I do need an add-on to get there, but not to get home. UA 34 is a single flight number from OGG-JFK, but obviously, there's a stop/change of plane in SFO. So do I enter that as a 1 or 2 flights? I entered at as 1, but I was wondering about the tax add-on. If it's just basic taxes and no fuel surcharges, that should be fine. Otherwise, I can most likely book it cheaper on my own, if it books as 2 segments with tax and fuel surcharges. The UA add-on flights are EQM earning, and upgrade eligible?

Also, though I checked off coach for the charter, if there's room in F, can I change that? How do I change that? You can change it for me if there's room at this point. Just don't stick me in a middle seat in coach.

The signup sheet allows you to select your mileage program, but when selecting the level, you can only select M&M elete levels, so I picked United/HON as the corresponding level for this lowly UA/1k. No place for the FF# though. I need the EQMs this year for each leg of this trip. With my add-ons, I'm figuring just over 19k EQMs. The charter flight will post as IAH-PHX-PAE individual legs, right?

Thanks to the people working on this and organizing it. It must be a ton of work for you. Thanks.

Oh, one more question. I saw the posts about the 1k SPG pt bonuses at the SPG properties, and maybe I missed this, but the group rates for those properties (FRA, IAH, and SEA SPG properties) are eligible rates for stay/night credits and Plat. benefits, right?

Thanks,
-David

PS: Apologies to sbm12, as I was bugging him privately before I posted this here.
Quote: I just signed up, I hope I'm not too late. I signed up for the LH flights, and the charter and paid my deposit.
Definitely not too late. Welcome to the party!
Quote: There was some mention of a NYC hotel option? I'll be arriving at JFK (hopefully) on the morning of Oct 31, and I will need a hotel option if there's one offered, or I can make my own arrangements. I didn't see anything on the signup form for that. Where are other people staying that night? I will probably try to use a Cash & Points rate at the Parker Meridien if there's no other group rate option.
There is a rate in NYC; SPG details are in post #2. You can stay at the Westin Times Square for $249+. This rate will include the 1000 bonus points and, like all the group rates, also earn stay/night credits.
Quote: Also, I had a question about the UA add-on segments. I do need an add-on to get there, but not to get home. UA 34 is a single flight number from OGG-JFK, but obviously, there's a stop/change of plane in SFO. So do I enter that as a 1 or 2 flights? I entered at as 1, but I was wondering about the tax add-on. If it's just basic taxes and no fuel surcharges, that should be fine. Otherwise, I can most likely book it cheaper on my own, if it books as 2 segments with tax and fuel surcharges. The UA add-on flights are EQM earning, and upgrade eligible?
The add-on flights will be regular revenue bookings in terms of earning. I believe in terms of UDUs, too. I'm not certain about the taxes and if it will be one flight or two because of the direct nature.
Quote: Also, though I checked off coach for the charter, if there's room in F, can I change that? How do I change that? You can change it for me if there's room at this point. Just don't stick me in a middle seat in coach.
There will be a way to change this when you actually submit payment, assuming space exists. I do not know if there are still F seats available or not.
Quote: The signup sheet allows you to select your mileage program, but when selecting the level, you can only select M&M elete levels, so I picked United/HON as the corresponding level for this lowly UA/1k. No place for the FF# though. I need the EQMs this year for each leg of this trip. With my add-ons, I'm figuring just over 19k EQMs. The charter flight will post as IAH-PHX-PAE individual legs, right?
The miles will post to UA based on the actual segments flown. I'm not certain if it will post as one segment or two, but the number of EQMs will be based on flying IAH-PHX-PAE if those are the segments you fly.

Quote: Oh, one more question. I saw the posts about the 1k SPG pt bonuses at the SPG properties, and maybe I missed this, but the group rates for those properties (FRA, IAH, and SEA SPG properties) are eligible rates for stay/night credits and Plat. benefits, right?
Definitely.
Quote: PS: Apologies to sbm12, as I was bugging him privately before I posted this here.
No worries.
Quote: There is a rate in NYC; SPG details are in post #2. You can stay at the Westin Times Square for $249+. This rate will include the 1000 bonus points and, like all the group rates, also earn stay/night credits.
ok, missed that. I don't see any C&P availability at any of the better SPG properties that night anyway (well, excluding W Union Sq, which is 8k + $150), so that might be an option, unless I decide to burn another 12k points. Any possibility we can get that rate at the Parker Meridien? Just suggesting/hoping. Anyway, is there a separate signup for the Westin TS?

How do I find out about the details on that UA add-on flight?

Thanks for the rest of the answers.

Thanks,
David
Thanks it is working today for me.

Darrel
Folks,

We are not sold out. There are still about 50 seats left on the charter. The reason is that we have not marketed outside of this thread.

We are working with Randy to do some heavy marketing and also with some of our partners to do more marketing like we did last year and then seats were moving very quickly. These efforts will start late next week.

So if you are thinking of getting on board this years ultimate Mega event, you should do this before we start the extensive marketing.

Cheers,

-Tommy
Quote: We are working with Randy to do some heavy marketing and also with some of our partners to do more marketing like we did last year and then seats were moving very quickly. These efforts will start late next week.
^ Great idea!

I talked to a bunch of people at schley's DO today and few of them were familar with SMD2. However, their interest level was high so marketing could be a huge boost to enrollment.
I would have so loved to be part of it this year, but, can not get a U.S. visa. sigh. LOVED it last year.

Hopefully next year will be anywhere else in the world.
Quote: Hopefully next year will be anywhere else in the world.
There's always the *A / Air NZ Mega Do in New Zealand in December. All your favourite *A CEO's will be there!
Some business awards to/from US have opened up, but unfortunately not yet the right dates for SMD2.
I don't think that we can say this often enough, or at least that I know that I can't and haven't said this enough, but the organizers/moderators of this extended event are just incredible, and I know that the work that they have invested in this event, on our behalf, is incredible, and I can't thank them enough! Go team SMDO II!
Quote: I don't think that we can say this often enough, or at least that I know that I can't and haven't said this enough, but the organizers/moderators of this extended event are just incredible, and I know that the work that they have invested in this event, on our behalf, is incredible, and I can't thank them enough! Go team SMDO II!
+1 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sheraton IAH
All,

Due to the FT Awards, the Sheraton IAH will be full fairly soon.

Please reserve your room if you plan to stay there.

The rate is 99USD a night and it's not prepaid.

In order to get the 1000 Starpoints pr. night, you have to use this link:
[QUOTE=tommy777;14450114]All,

Due to the FT Awards, the Sheraton IAH will be full fairly soon.

Please reserve your room if you plan to stay there.

The rate is 99USD a night and it's not prepaid.

In order to get the 1000 Starpoints pr. night, you have to use this link:

All done!

2 nights booked at the Sheraton IAH.

Once again, thanks for organising this rate for us (sans taxes etc. of course, but that can't be helped).
41  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  61  101  151