Reload this Page >

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2010, 3:37 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Okay, I want to start another race to get our deposits in! My credit card is already out of my wallet, and ready to rumble!
Old Jun 11, 2010, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
SEA Airport Westin

I thought the SEA hotel was the downtown Seattle Westin?
SEA Airport Westin is listed on the form?
Old Jun 11, 2010, 3:40 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by mtresc
Usually we stop counting after the second one .....

Oliver, what's the registration counter by now?
Don't know, reb & I were just tracking progress the first few minutes for common errors and if people were able to get thru. I'm getting ready for bed (midnight here in MUC) and reb is taking care of his family that he ignored for the past 14 hours. More statistics tomorrow!

PS: reb just bberry IMed me that we had 34 regs in 29 minutes with 21 F seats requested.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 3:40 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
[SIZE=1]I'm doing nicely with the beers here in the UK and it's only 22:33.

BTW: We're not fighting over rows 1-6. We're fighting over 1C and 1E because that's where the drinks cart is going to stop first.
In that case, you should sit next to Sharon, she is always talking about her "drinkies!"

I only drink Kahlua, does LH and CO carry Kahlua, and if not can I make a special drinks catering request?
Old Jun 11, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by cova
I saw that as well (& wondered)

More importantly, there is no way on the form to request the IAH Sheraton for only Thursday night (for those of us who can't join the festivities until that day - I know, work does get in the way of so much!) I sent a note to their e-dress mentioning this, but even a comments field could have handled the problem nicely.

Last edited by HPN-HRL; Jun 11, 2010 at 3:43 pm Reason: to mention that I sent an e-mail
Old Jun 11, 2010, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
PS: reb just bberry IMed me that we had 34 regs in 29 minutes with 21 F seats requested.
I might have been reading too fast and missed it, but when do we get actual confirmation of the various details, especially F on the charter?
Old Jun 11, 2010, 3:46 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Originally Posted by USirritated
I might have been reading too fast and missed it, but when do we get actual confirmation of the various details, especially F on the charter?
As I mentioned its almost 5 months out, give us a break... we aim to complete ticketing by end of july.

Okay, I want to start another race to get our deposits in! My credit card is already out of my wallet, and ready to rumble!
The link to the payment page will follow this weekend, let give reb a moment to compose himself.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExecPlat
Does anyone know how much the FRA-IAH flights are by themselves? All of the information in the first 6 posts of this thread only seem to quote prices for JFK-FRA-IAH.

Also, if we do say we are interested in certain flights, are we bound to eventually purchase those? I want to attend, but haven't had much time to figure out who I want to fly yet...
Old Jun 11, 2010, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

FRA-IAH is half the price of JFK-FRA-IAH (~1360$ ++)

You are sort of committing, as we will hold space for you if you so indicate. If you are unsure, don't check the scheduled flights, just reserve the charter.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 4:01 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
We're fighting over 1C and 1E because that's where the drinks cart is going to stop first.
I was in 2D (there were no 1D/F) for SMD1 and the drinks cart never stopped there.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 4:01 pm

As I mentioned its almost 5 months out, give us a break... we aim to complete ticketing by end of july.

The link to the payment page will follow this weekend, let give reb a moment to compose himself.
Not rushing you, just excited, like a little kid in a way, since I have never been to one of these where there is an "inside tour", or "back of the house tour." I was not able to get to DC in time for the UA "back of the house" tour at IAD, which was part of the recent DC DO, and I was so disappointed! I've also never flown F on CO or LH, so I am excited about that too! Sorry for my over exhuberance, it will pass shortly!
Old Jun 11, 2010, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
There should have been a request confirmation displayed on the screen. Sometime in the next few days you will receive an email message with information on how to pay. Suffice it to say that if you've already registered and requested F and you pay for F you should be able to sit in F. At this juncture in time, there are still plenty of F seats left.

Xyzzy
Old Jun 11, 2010, 4:32 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Originally Posted by cova
There is no such hotel as the Westin SEA Airport. Must be a typo...:-:
Old Jun 11, 2010, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by xyzzy
There should have been a request confirmation displayed on the screen. Sometime in the next few days you will receive an email message with information on how to pay. Suffice it to say that if you've already registered and requested F and you pay for F you should be able to sit in F. At this juncture in time, there are still plenty of F seats left.

Xyzzy
Danke, Gracias, Merci, Takk, Gracie, Dank U, Thank you. Very good of you to enlighten!

That is confirmation for anyone who still wants F, grab it while you can!
Old Jun 11, 2010, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExecPlat
FRA-IAH is half the price of JFK-FRA-IAH (~1360$ ++)

You are sort of committing, as we will hold space for you if you so indicate. If you are unsure, don't check the scheduled flights, just reserve the charter.
Thanks for the response. Does that mean that taking LH for FRA-IAH in Y would be 50% of US$320++? Also, are there any prices for the CO FRA-IAH in Y? The only price I saw was in OS/CO in J/Z.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.