Reload this Page >

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2010, 9:13 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just received the confirmation for the Seattle Westin and will edit the updated master post at the to of the thread.
^ Sweet hotel!
Old Jun 10, 2010, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA1K,HH Silver
Yes, we will have the option to indicate if you want to share hotel rooms or be seated beside a particular participant, assuming the other participant agrees
Wow, as a relatively new FTer and beginning to attend some events, I am overwhelmed by the amount of time and planning that the committee has put into this event. It seems every possible scenario that comes up has already been addressed or has already been thought of with a plan. Thank you so much for all of the committees hard work to pull off such a monutmental feat!
Old Jun 10, 2010, 9:24 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA GS/1K/2MM, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fsfguy
You guys have done a great job putting this all together. I'm looking forward to the event and booking this Friday.

I saw the list of information that we'll need to book and maybe I missed it though I don't know what to do in order to book. I have signed up for announcements at the Starmegado.com site. Will there be an announcement at noon on Friday about the procedure? Do we need a Starmegado.com user name and password in advance?

If I missed the info in an early post, I sincerely apologize.
Is the answer to this question posted somewhere? I too am lost
Old Jun 10, 2010, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA, DL, BA, LH
Originally Posted by spaceman
Is the answer to this question posted somewhere? I too am lost
No, no one replied. I'm hoping there will be an announcement with directions tomorrow at noon ET. There is a list of info you'll need to provide in post #3

Last edited by fsfguy; Jun 10, 2010 at 9:52 pm
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by fsfguy
No, no one replied. I'm hoping there will be an announcement with directions tomorrow at noon ET. There is a list of info you'll need to provide in post #3
I'm the one putting the booking stuff together. You have not missed anything. At the time booking opens, there will be an announcement of what to do. Regarding the information you will be asked to provide, we are asking for substantially the same information as we asked for last year.

Xyzzy
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:25 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA GS/1K/2MM, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by xyzzy
I'm the one putting the booking stuff together. You have not missed anything. At the time booking opens, there will be an announcement of what to do. Regarding the information you will be asked to provide, we are asking for substantially the same information as we asked for last year.

Xyzzy
Are you going to use last year's site for booking or will we need to go elsewhere and get new logins and passwords?
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.94MM, Marriott Titanium
Just received the confirmation for the Seattle Westin and will edit the updated master post at the to of the thread.
Thanks for your effort! ^

Will we be able to stay a few extra nights in SEA at the group rate? Also, at the launch, Tommy mentioned a SPG fasttrack, is there any news in that regard? I need to decide on group hotels or Hilton...
Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:10 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
After perusing last year's info page, I noticed that there was a 15,000 mile frequent flyer benefit for the charter flights, is there any particular reason why this is not also being offered this year, or is it, and I just missed that somewhere?
Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by spaceman
Are you going to use last year's site for booking or will we need to go elsewhere and get new logins and passwords?
New year, new set of data, new username/password.

Originally Posted by USirritated
After perusing last year's info page, I noticed that there was a 15,000 mile frequent flyer benefit for the charter flights, is there any particular reason why this is not also being offered this year, or is it, and I just missed that somewhere?
Please refer to the end of post#2 of this thread.

Xyzzy
Old Jun 11, 2010, 1:30 am

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Saturday Night Stay

Will ex-EU TATL tix we request through the booking form be subject to Saturday Night Stay rules?

Just looking at ex-EU fares for CO/LH: Coming back on 6-NOV puts the cheapest Y fare at around €1,600 (a/i),booking into B/M. If the Saturday Night Stay rule is waived, it's only €500 booking into V-.

As it's over €1,000 difference, knowing this probably makes the difference between going and not going.

(Just as an aside - would CO offer us Z on TATL, as LH have done on SEA-FRA?)
Old Jun 11, 2010, 1:45 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by xyzzy
Please refer to the end of post#2 of this thread.

Xyzzy
Yes, I had seen that earlier, and that is why I was wondering why last year was 15,000 miles, and this year is only actual miles flown, plus a class of service bonus?
Old Jun 11, 2010, 2:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Minnesota Bruin
Thanks for your effort! ^

Will we be able to stay a few extra nights in SEA at the group rate? Also, at the launch, Tommy mentioned a SPG fasttrack, is there any news in that regard? I need to decide on group hotels or Hilton...
You can stay till Monday at the SEA Westin

We are aksing for EQM and RDM credit options from the participating airlines, but have not received any confirmations, so no word will go out till then.

Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
Will ex-EU TATL tix we request through the booking form be subject to Saturday Night Stay rules?

Just looking at ex-EU fares for CO/LH: Coming back on 6-NOV puts the cheapest Y fare at around €1,600 (a/i),booking into B/M. If the Saturday Night Stay rule is waived, it's only €500 booking into V-.

As it's over €1,000 difference, knowing this probably makes the difference between going and not going.

(Just as an aside - would CO offer us Z on TATL, as LH have done on SEA-FRA?)
The LH flight out of SEA on saturday is already very full, so we decided not to ask for space on that one. The economy group fare we can offer right now is 320$++ in W/S with a surcharge if you need it to be in V. Lets see what the response volume will be requesting such a fare and we will find a solution with LH.

CO: If we have a massive (10+ pax) demand for a particular route I will ask for a Z fare quote.

Yes, I had seen that earlier, and that is why I was wondering why last year was 15,000 miles, and this year is only actual miles flown, plus a class of service bonus?
Again, no firm words from the airlines, so no firm answer here (yet).

Xyzzy has burned some serious midnight oil on the registration form last night, and its beginning to look pretty good. I will post an FAQ here today to help you with the form.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 3:13 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
November 6
Participants start their their journey home:
Europeans take LH 491 (dep. 15.45) back to FRA,
For those starting in Europe:

LH FRA-IAH (1374$++) // SEA-FRA (1544$++) = 2918$ plus YQ plus taxes in Business (Z)
The LH flight out of SEA on saturday is already very full, so we decided not to ask for space on that one.
I'm a little confused.

Is the price quoted above (SEA-FRA 1544$++) based on LH491 on Saturday, 6 November? I'd love to stay a day or two longer in SEA but may not have the time to do so.

If Saturday's LH491 is already very full when can we fly back to Europe on LH with the Z group fare?
Old Jun 11, 2010, 3:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
We have booked 15 seats on the 07NOV flight. Feel fee to request the 06NOV option and I'll see what we can arrange. (Like last year )
Old Jun 11, 2010, 3:48 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
We have booked 15 seats on the 07NOV flight. Feel fee to request the 06NOV option and I'll see what we can arrange. (Like last year )
Thanks for the clarification.

The mini-party flight back to FRA will be on 7 Nov rather than 6 Nov, then? Perhaps the first post could be edited to make it clear?

If we request the 6 Nov option will it be at the same price or higher? (I realise you may not know the answer...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.