Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Old Mar 11, 2011, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I was referring to this post. My mistake though, I said Oliver when I should have said Tommy.
so what was the special gift for platinums? I didn't recieve any. Just the points...
Old Mar 11, 2011, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
You are going to have to have tommy777 explain that one. I don't have any idea what he was referring to.

That really doesn't surprise me since you were left off the spreadsheet sent to SPG, as well. You might want to do as I asked violist to do...who I haven't heard from as yet.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Originally Posted by tommy777
All,
I'm in communication with starwood on this and have taken over the follow up myself. I'm sending over an updated list on Monday, if you are missing points, please send me a PM immediately with your name, the hotels you stayed at and your SPG number and I will cross reference this with Olivers list
A PM was sent to Tommy per the above post. I will now send an e-mail to William.

Thanks
Old Mar 11, 2011, 2:07 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Unfortunately, there was some miscommunication between me and the Starwood team. They decided to give the 3 choices, so Platinums only got the points.

Sorry for the confusion
Old Mar 11, 2011, 4:11 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
I've passed along to SPG what is needed to sort out violist, margarita girl, and another Flyertalker that contacted me via PM, so they will be getting their bonus Starpoints. If anyone else finds they are without, you know where to find me.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 11, 2011, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, IHG, Amtrak
Originally Posted by tracon
+3000 03/07/2011 mega do thank you
+1 ^

It was such a nice surprise to see this today when checking my account. Thanks so much!

Sad that the dvd pics have gone missing.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 1:24 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by tracon
+3000 03/07/2011 mega do thank you
+1 on the mega do thank you for 3000 points, which showed in my account on Friday, 3/11, with a post date of 3/7.

On a related note, I have not received ANY miles for the charter flights, does anyone know what is going on with that?

Thanks to Tommy for his continued hard and thankless work in these areas, this whole business must seem like a second full time job! Thank you again Tommy!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by sbm12
I'd be lying if I said I believed that I was still actually expecting to receive the DVD that was supposed to have been sent to me a couple weeks ago. I'll post them if I get it but at this point I have given up hope. It happens eventually, even to the most optimistic.
I never received the DVD, but I got the photos at a decent resolution into a Picasa Web Album here: https://picasaweb.google.com/TheWanderingAramean. For folks who are users of Picasa it should facilitate grabbing the whole collection at a passable file size pretty easily. Not perfect but given limited options and access I'm doing what I can.

If the originals every arrive I will share them as well.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 2:23 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

sbm12 thanks for the effort ^^
Old Mar 16, 2011, 9:16 am

A TR from SMD2

I know it's very, very late, and Greg our blogger did a great job otherwise, but I've finally finished a TR I wrote which includes SMD2. There's also all my other experiences leading up to and at the end of the Do.

The SMD2 section starts from here.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
I never received the DVD, but I got the photos [...]
If the originals every arrive I will share them as well.
sbm12,

I don't want to add to the pain, but just wanted to ask if there is any way we can ask Boeing who they sent it to. If someone just took the DVD and doesn't want to share it, he/she should be flown in the cargo hold on SMD3.

BEG2IAH
Old Mar 16, 2011, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by BEG2IAH
sbm12,

I don't want to add to the pain, but just wanted to ask if there is any way we can ask Boeing who they sent it to. If someone just took the DVD and doesn't want to share it, he/she should be flown in the cargo hold on SMD3.

BEG2IAH
Actually, Seth has not had anything to do with the photos, I have. They sent them to Randy about 2 months after the event and then he sent them to me. I uploaded them to photobucket immediately when I got the DVD and I have the copy on my desk right in front of me. It has just been crazy with travel since then

As Seth is not a part of the SMD crew, I will send them over to Reb today so he can post them. Just have to go out and by a DVD pack or USD key...

Sorry for the delay
Old Mar 16, 2011, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by USirritated
+1 on the mega do thank you for 3000 points, which showed in my account on Friday, 3/11, with a post date of 3/7.

On a related note, I have not received ANY miles for the charter flights, does anyone know what is going on with that?

Thanks to Tommy for his continued hard and thankless work in these areas, this whole business must seem like a second full time job! Thank you again Tommy!
Thank you. I sent you a PM to follow up. I think you are the only person that hasn't gotten your miles for the charter.

I think it's time for us to close this thread as all questions have now been answered. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me directly at [email protected]

Thank you all, it was a great ride! Stay tuned for SMD III announcements coming in the next couple of weeks!
Old Mar 16, 2011, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by tommy777
Actually, Seth has not had anything to do with the photos, I have. They sent them to Randy about 2 months after the event and then he sent them to me. I uploaded them to photobucket immediately when I got the DVD and I have the copy on my desk right in front of me. It has just been crazy with travel since then

As Seth is not a part of the SMD crew, I will send them over to Reb today so he can post them. Just have to go out and by a DVD pack or USD key...

Sorry for the delay
Tommy, thanks!!! You guys rock.

BEG2IAH
Old Mar 16, 2011, 2:30 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Since this DO is now concluded and a thread is active on the next StarmegaDO, we'll close this one.

Cholula
CommunityBuzz! Co-Moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.