Reload this Page >

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2011, 1:08 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I received 1,000 starwood points and I am NOT complaining
Old Mar 8, 2011, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by sbm12
I'd be lying if I said I believed that I was still actually expecting to receive the DVD that was supposed to have been sent to me a couple weeks ago. I'll post them if I get it but at this point I have given up hope. It happens eventually, even to the most optimistic.
Unfrtunately, I'm in the same boat and I've only been trying to figure out who has the DVD.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 2:20 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Minnesota Bruin
+4000 03/07/2011 mega do thank you ^^
+1 ^

I don't want to sound unappreciative but can someone remind me which nights/stays should have been counted towards 1000 points bonus? Tommy's announcement is here.

We have secured the following for all SMD participants:

1000 Starpoints pr. night in addition to what's normally awarded
I stayed at the following Starwood properties for a total of 5 nights during SMD2:

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel 11/02-11/03 (1 night)
Sheraton North Houston 11/03-11/05 (2 nights)
Westin Seattle 11/05-11/07 (2 nights)

and received 4000 extra points. Was the Sheraton Frankfurt excluded? Or perhaps the second night at the Westin Seattle? Or was there perhaps a maximum of 4000 points? Has anyone received more than 4000 bonus points?
Old Mar 8, 2011, 2:39 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
+1 ^

I don't want to sound unappreciative but can someone remind me which nights/stays should have been counted towards 1000 points bonus? Tommy's announcement is here.

I stayed at the following Starwood properties for a total of 5 nights during SMD2:

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel 11/02-11/03 (1 night)
Sheraton North Houston 11/03-11/05 (2 nights)
Westin Seattle 11/05-11/07 (2 nights)

and received 4000 extra points. Was the Sheraton Frankfurt excluded? Or perhaps the second night at the Westin Seattle? Or was there perhaps a maximum of 4000 points? Has anyone received more than 4000 bonus points?
Your second night at the Westin was excluded, in this instance.

The dates of the Mega Do lasted 4 nights. One in Frankfurt, two in Houston, and one in Seattle. So, the maximum possible number of nightly bonuses was 4,000 total.

There was a pre-Mega Do consideration given by the Westin New York Times Square of 3,000 Starpoints. I found one person who had not gotten it directly with their hotel posting and it was added yesterday.

Some also requested 1,000 Starpoints as their wish gift rather than upgrade to Gold or Platinum. So, yes, it is possible that a handful of participants may have earned as many as 8,000 Starpoints, but the maximum nightly bonus was 4,000.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 8, 2011, 2:58 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker

The dates of the Mega Do lasted 4 nights. One in Frankfurt, two in Houston, and one in Seattle. So, the maximum possible number of nightly bonuses was 4,000 total.
Thanks for the quick response and explanation. That makes sense.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Thanks for the quick response and explanation. That makes sense.
No worries. I'm glad that this has finally all been reconciled and apologize for whatever delay was caused on SPG's part.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Mar 8, 2011, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess

There was a pre-Mega Do consideration given by the Westin New York Times Square of 3,000 Starpoints. I found one person who had not gotten it directly with their hotel posting and it was added yesterday.

Some also requested 1,000 Starpoints as their wish gift rather than upgrade to Gold or Platinum. So, yes, it is possible that a handful of participants may have earned as many as 8,000 Starpoints, but the maximum nightly bonus was 4,000.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
What is this 'wish gift'?
(I did get the 4K & 3K (Westin NY), but was already a Plat!)
Old Mar 8, 2011, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by mnmag
What is this 'wish gift'?
(I did get the 4K & 3K (Westin NY), but was already a Plat!)
According to our records, your 4K was for:

3 nights during the Mega Do + 1,000 Starpoints as your wish gift

So, I'm thinking that at some point along the line, you asked for it. It was a long time ago, however, so some details may have been forgotten.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Mar 8, 2011, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ClubCarlson Concierge
LOL. Just points and upgrades, as far as I am aware.

Speaking of which, if anyone requested an upgrade in status from this Mega Do and haven't gotten it yet, you might want to shoot me your SPG account number because I think that part is finished.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Thanks for the offer William. Just sent a PM to you.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ClubCarlson Concierge
Originally Posted by scubaflyer
Thanks for the offer William. Just sent a PM to you.
Thanks for your help William. Much appreciated.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 5:49 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Thanks for the explanation. Happy to note I got everything possible, including the Platinum status match which has been wonderful! Thanks to SPG for doing this for us.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
According to our records, your 4K was for:

3 nights during the Mega Do + 1,000 Starpoints as your wish gift

So, I'm thinking that at some point along the line, you asked for it. It was a long time ago, however, so some details may have been forgotten.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Thanks, William! I don't recall the 'wish gift' part, but thought that the 3K (for Westin TS) was part of the SPG promo at the time (& not directly associated w/SMD2), and that the 4K was the SMD2 bonus for the 4 nts spent for the domestic portion. Anyway, I was definitely pleased to get all my SPG pts credited on a timely basis!^
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:09 pm

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Thank you for the 4k points which arrived this week. Had hoped for 8k, for 8 nights stayed, but 4 is still good. Thank you.

I was registered for the Every Night Counts promotion, which should have given me double points for the 8 nights I stayed before, during & after SMD (in addition to the extra points from being Gold from the start of the SMD bookings). So I have been calculating on base points plus gold bonus plus double. Do not have this.

Also, I was registered for the Earn More with Sundays promotion, which I thought was the "3k bonus starpoints (E3K)" shown in my account.

So, by my calculations, still short the 3k Pre-Mega Do consideration from Westin NY Times Square, or alternatively have not received the Sundays promotion yet & need to chase this up with SPG? As well as some from becoming Gold with SMD & double points promotion.

Thanks for all your assisitance William. This must be a big job for you.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Storyteller
I was registered for the Every Night Counts promotion, which should have given me double points for the 8 nights I stayed before, during & after SMD (in addition to the extra points from being Gold from the start of the SMD bookings). So I have been calculating on base points plus gold bonus plus double. Do not have this.
FWIW,

The Sheraton North Houston airport property was the only SMD2 property participating in EN2. There was a list of participating properties, and I believe it was also posted to the Starwood forum here on FT, so you can go back and check.

It should have posted in Nov. Check your history. Mine posted Nov 13.

The 3k bonus for the Westin TS was E3K.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Mar 8, 2011 at 11:36 pm
Old Mar 9, 2011, 2:45 am

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
FWIW,

The Sheraton North Houston airport property was the only SMD2 property participating in EN2. There was a list of participating properties, and I believe it was also posted to the Starwood forum here on FT, so you can go back and check.

It should have posted in Nov. Check your history. Mine posted Nov 13.

The 3k bonus for the Westin TS was E3K.

-David
Ah, my bad. Do have the Sheraton North Houston, & didn't mention it, but not others, & now see why.

So, await the 3k Pre-Mega Do consideration from Westin NY Times Square, & bonuses from being Gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.