Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Old Jun 9, 2010, 3:38 am
jth

Programs: SK EBS, BAEC blue, SPG
So with YQ i figure the FRA-IAH/SEA-FRA will land at about $3300 (based on the ex-US fares).
Darn, I would really love to do this in TATL business (i guess this is where the best party will be! ) but i have to think twice about forking up this kind of money! I will surely think hard about it, though
This event sounds like it will be a blast!
Old Jun 9, 2010, 4:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by dre_techie
The feeders for LH are in Y? I'm asking since I see the reference to W fares.
Yes the feeders will be in economy, but a in decent miles earning fareclass (V/W, not L/T/E)

Originally Posted by FlyingSwiss
Thank you oliver2002,

will there also be a Y fare from Europe?
Yes, the pricing will be similar to the Y (W/S) fare ex USA (320$++). I didn't provide any detail because I didn't see much demand.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 6:11 am

Programs: LH SEN/*G
How do you want organise those of us who are looking at using CO TATL?

If we can collect together the people doing FRA-IAH (on CO47) and then SEA-XXX on CO on the way back, maybe we can get a group rate with CO?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 6:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Please no lists here... we wanted to estimate the need for a different grouping via the registration form. That way all flows into our database and I don't have copy things back and forth. The magic mark for a group fare is 10, so if you want to fly CO SEA-EWR-BRS you have to find 9 others. Feel free to indulge in lobbying before people submit their form and we will try to accomodate. Note that LH submits these enquiries to CO's group departments as part of our booking.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 7:30 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yes the feeders will be in economy, but a in decent miles earning fareclass (V/W, not L/T/E)
Thanks, Oliver, I guess I'll be partying it up with jth in the back of the bus. I've got a nice V fare booked all the way through incl. feeders.

I probably had unreasonable expectations from LH for the Z group fare.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 7:38 am

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Please no lists here... we wanted to estimate the need for a different grouping via the registration form.
That's good. If we can put that information on the registration form for you guys to compile, brilliant.

Feel free to indulge in lobbying before people submit their form and we will try to accommodate. Note that LH submits these enquiries to CO's group departments as part of our booking.
Well, seeing as you've offered.... CO076 EWR-BRS 06-NOV is the last flight before the route is cancelled, so I expect some sort of celebration / commiseration. It's also your last chance to land on a CO B757-200 on a perilously short runway, deplane via steps, and walk across the apron and out the airport in less than 10 minutes. The real crazies (ok, me) will be turning around and doing CO077 back the other way 2 hours later....

Maybe CO will offer us a group deal on any TATL ending back at one of their (many) European destinations?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 8:35 am

Will each attendee need a FT handle? As in...if I have two guests, can I register them as such with my registration (of course, providing all travel details needed and the necessary deposits per person)? Or must I do separate registrations for each person (with separate FT handles and separate deposits)?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 8:52 am
Original Poster

separate registrations please. Last year we added a '_p01' behind the handle for the plus one for better tracking (so if oliver2002 had +2, we oliver2002_p02 and oliver2002_p01 for the additional pax) Also it gives me a clear indication on who needs to be seated together
Old Jun 9, 2010, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA, DL, BA, LH
You guys have done a great job putting this all together. I'm looking forward to the event and booking this Friday.

I saw the list of information that we'll need to book and maybe I missed it though I don't know what to do in order to book. I have signed up for announcements at the Starmegado.com site. Will there be an announcement at noon on Friday about the procedure? Do we need a Starmegado.com user name and password in advance?

If I missed the info in an early post, I sincerely apologize.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 1:11 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cova
Anything planned in NYC on Sunday night - or just a hotel option?
Yes, I will be there and you're buying me dinner

If anyone wants to step up and arrange a send off party on Sunday, I'll show up
Old Jun 9, 2010, 1:18 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Ticketing

All,

Just a quick note on the sign up starting this week.

By paying 100 USD your spot is secure. We have a maximum of 432 seats for this DO (2X757). That's a lot, but if we end up doing an equipment change for plane #2, there will be a lot less seats for sale. Also, if the amount of participants is the same as last year (229) we will only go with 1 x 757-300. My point is that we will adjust capacity after demand, so if you want to go, please be aware of this..

So my advice to you is to secure your spot as soon as possible so you won't be disappointed.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by tommy777
So my advice to you is to secure your spot as soon as possible so you won't be disappointed.
Tommy et al,

Thanks so much again for your efforts. Really looking to go but in the case I'm unable to make it and I've put down the $100 non-refundable, is it possible to make arrangements with another FT who didn't sign up in time (presuming there is a sell out situation) so that it can be transferred?

Apologize in advance if this has been covered previously.

Thanks.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 2:23 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Countdown to booking.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Folks, any comments on the following?
CO: FRA-IAH: 1346$++ in Business (Z) (this request was placed in conjunction with the OS fare, so you may have to take OS J out, CO Z inbound)
Basically, is it possible fo fly LX JFK/FRA and CO FRA/IAH? If there's no clear answer at this time, is there any risk in requesting this routing on the form?

(No offense to OS, but the LX seats C are better )

As a side note, am I the only one considering this option?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 5:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Hoping xyzzy's server can handle everyone booking at high noon on Friday!

BTW if we drop to 1 plane, we're back to 24 F & fisticuffs re: the charter

I'm probably going to book LH over the pond, although like Pat I've done LH C a lot. I'd be interested in LX or OS but not if I'm the only one on the plane & there isn't going to be tommy doing the woo-hoo dance in the lounge before take-off for those flights, which leave earlier than LH.

However, I'm actually going to do a feeder that would get me in WAY too early (but not Sunday early) so I'm willing to do a woo-hoo dance as a send-off for those who do do LX or OS.

Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.