Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

The 2nd Annual Star Mega DO launch party, April 23rd 6PM, Tony P's, Marina Del Rey/LA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2nd Annual Star Mega DO launch party, April 23rd 6PM, Tony P's, Marina Del Rey/LA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2010, 10:14 am

Programs: UA 1k, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Honors Plat, Best Western Elite
I look forward to it.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
tentatively, yes! need to figure out where i'll be flying from!
Old Mar 7, 2010, 10:36 am

Add me to the list.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 11:18 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Please add me to the list as well.. Thanks
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:07 am

Put me down for it! :-)

I can pick up anyone arriving that day at LAX on or after 4 p.m. and drive anywhere in the L.A. area. I live and work along Aviation Blvd between Imperial Hwy and El Segundo Blvd.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
+1

I might be able to join as well after the TB meet. ^
Old Mar 8, 2010, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Would love to join you all but I'll be on my way to ATL for work. Can you stream the event (and the accompying drinks) on the internets?

(Edited to add: I'm definitely losing on all counts... Golden Toque made the same lame joke two pages ago.)
Old Mar 8, 2010, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Pat+
Would love to join you all but I'll be on my way to ATL for work. Can you stream the event (and the accompying drinks) on the internets?

(Edited to add: I'm definitely losing on all counts... Golden Toque made the same lame joke two pages ago.)
Hey my Joke wasn't lame!

Mods, please Ban this Pat+ character!!!
Old Mar 8, 2010, 7:26 pm

Programs: *Alliance
I'm in.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 12:12 am

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by Golden Toque
Perfect! I'd love to hear more stories about WoodStock!
Memory's a bit foggy about some of it, fading like the 3-day ticket I bought and still have. That's not just because 40 years have passed by; it was foggy as I was leaving Max's farm at the time. But I'm willing to try tickling those brain cells into action again. Some dormant brothers of them were recalled to working status at my 40th high school reunion a few months ago, seeing folks I hadn't been in touch with since graduation; stories told there fired up those old sleeping neurons and stretched them out.

Hope I'll be able to make it.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 2:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
I really wish I could come, but it's going to be technically impossible since I have a wedding that I need to attend in Salamanca on the 24th at 4pm. Believe me I would almost rather be at the Launch party! But unfortunately there is no way I can get back to Europe with enough time to make it to the wedding.... The MUC flight leaves LA at 9pm but gets in around 5:35pm...
Old Mar 9, 2010, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Is this going to be held near LAX, such as an LAX hotel?

Last edited by cova; Mar 9, 2010 at 7:51 pm
Old Mar 9, 2010, 8:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
My 'guess' is yes since the mtg (not StarMegaDo related) the next day is next door to LAX, and easy peasey from the LAX hotels, & the SMD2 organizers will be attending that so will go for easy/close. Cheers.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by nsx
Other meetings are occurring near the corner of Imperial and Sepulveda in El Segundo. Internet Brands (owners of FT) are headquartered there.
Could make it but it would certainly help in planning for hotel, etc. if we had some idea what part of the city this will be taking place in. If El Segundo, fine and can stay there or at LAX, but if in LA proper there are far better hotel options.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 1:52 am

Programs: Flying Nut
Hmmmm.... I want to be there for this and I have a possible trip planned to the west coast (city to the north SFO) on that day. May have to make a flight diversition for me and my plus 1!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.