10th Annual Brooklyn Reality Tour. Saturday June 12, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10th Annual Brooklyn Reality Tour. Saturday June 12, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I'm in! Payment has been sent....
Old Apr 22, 2010, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by dhammer53

So far:

*** kathywdrf 7th or 8th time. ^ >>> paid

dhammer53
Place saver for the Boss +1
*** Bundy Bear Paid >>> first on the list, and first to pay.
*** boxo >>> paid
*** lili >>> paid
Calcifer +1 <<< what are you worried about. Her +1 is FlyinHawaiian (in case you haven't figured that out.
*** mjm >>> paid
El_Chiflero
***violist >>> paid
* iluv2fly >>> arrangement
*** kudzu +1 >>> Paid
Downundergirl +1 >>> arrangement
*** Oreck >>> paid
*** Jailer >>> paid
*** NWA747SNN >>> arrangement
*** WBurcham >>> paid
*** MarshKing >>> paid
*** jenniparks +1 >>> paid
*** USFreak >>> paid
*** langleyoaker >>> paid
Tom911 >>> arrangement
*** mhnadel >>> paid
*** cawhite >>> paid
*** SS255 >>> paid
*** CMK10 >>> paid
*** xenonym >>> paid
*** Benny8444 >>> paid
*** JerseyJoe +1 >>> paid
todorovic
*** ShopAround >>> paid
*** serfty >>> paid
msvacation +1
*** Original Member >>> paid
*** jupper >>> paid
*** MikeMpls +1 >>> paid
*** willie--wonka >>> paid
*** KenCT +1 >>> paid
*** Short Hair Fran >>> paid
*** Art234 +1 >>> paid
*** dilagg >>> paid
*** Middle_Seat >>> paid
*** squid >>> paid
bobovespa >>> check coming
***mrpickles +1 >>> paid

~48. All depends on who's doing the counting

... people so far, as of this edit. (plus 2 additional).

12 or 13 repeaters. ^

Cleared the waitlist:

sy7 ... a possible
ldpeters
Flyer70
PeteJ
fozz

- - - - - - - - - - - The above have cleared the waitlist.
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Goodness, I hope not; I just bought my tickets. Arriving on the redeye into JFK Saturday morning around 7 a.m. If anyone is interested in sharing a cab, please let me know.
I've updated your PNR to reflect the changes. Just for the record, there was never a question about those 2 seats.

dh
Old Apr 22, 2010, 8:12 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
I'm in! Payment has been sent....
Yay! It's been a long time.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:35 pm

A New Yorker wants to join the tour

My friend who lives in NY wants to join the tour if space is available. She wants to experience a true Brooklyn tour; and curious as to the designated eating stops.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by dilagg
My friend who lives in NY wants to join the tour if space is available. She wants to experience a true Brooklyn tour; and curious as to the designated eating stops.
This is why I would hope that BRT 10ers would keep up with the thread. Lots of useful info is posted just above, and additional information will be posted in the upcoming days and weeks... some of it helpful.

dilagg, a review of the last page or 2, not to mention page one of this thread holds the clue to your question. If you don't have my paypal info, all you have to do is send me a PM.

Note:

The bus holds 55 people. If you do the fuzzy math, adding Randy and a few more, the number still doesn't add up to 55. Once I get to 52, I'll start a waitlist. As of today, there are a record number of attendees. As for the last seats, it's first come, first served at this point.

If this isn't clear, please re-read.

Last edited by dhammer53; Apr 26, 2010 at 8:53 pm Reason: Trying not to be testy. I'll leave that to the waitstaff.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:52 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
....Lots of useful info is posted....
Will there be food, Dan, or should I pack a lunch?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by dilagg
dilagg, now I remember who you are! (OK, I cheated; I looked at your other posts.) We met nearly five years ago at a "Cow Do" in Buenos Aires, and I still have fond memories of the delicious dinner at La Rueda near Iguazu with Oreck and his cousin (as well as fond memories of Buenos Aires and Iguazu Falls).

Anyhow, the thing with the BRT is, you basically have to put yourself(ves) into Dan's hands and trust him. Some of the food stops for this year are still TBD, it appears. Past years have included L&B Spumoni Gardens (a renowned neighborhood pizzeria with outdoor seating), usually for lunch; a bakery (either Italian or Jewish or?); a Starbucks in Park Slope; a Russian food emporium; Coney Island with its, ahem, culinary delights (OK, at least Nathan's); and so on. It sounds like L&B is still on the agenda, but whether for lunch or dinner is TBD. We used to have dinner at Fiorentino's, but the group got so big that they weren't going to be able to accommodate us last year -- maybe ditto this year?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 4:46 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Good thing I paid you during the Freddie DO as it was getting to be embarrassing why there wasn't paid or arrangement on my name.

(Even though there was a arrangement
Old Apr 27, 2010, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
dilagg, now I remember who you are! (OK, I cheated; I looked at your other posts.) We met nearly five years ago at a "Cow Do" in Buenos Aires, and I still have fond memories of the delicious dinner at La Rueda near Iguazu with Oreck and his cousin (as well as fond memories of Buenos Aires and Iguazu Falls).

Anyhow, the thing with the BRT is, you basically have to put yourself(ves) into Dan's hands and trust him. Some of the food stops for this year are still TBD, it appears. Past years have included L&B Spumoni Gardens (a renowned neighborhood pizzeria with outdoor seating), usually for lunch; a bakery (either Italian or Jewish or?); a Starbucks in Park Slope; a Russian food emporium; Coney Island with its, ahem, culinary delights (OK, at least Nathan's); and so on. It sounds like L&B is still on the agenda, but whether for lunch or dinner is TBD. We used to have dinner at Fiorentino's, but the group got so big that they weren't going to be able to accommodate us last year -- maybe ditto this year?
Sounds like a great way to 'tour' a city- experience it thru food! Maybe I should skip breakfast Sat morning to give myself enough room to experience all stops on the tour.

Yes, Kathy, I remember you from BA do-it was my birthday! What a great time!
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:34 am

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
BRT 10, some would say/think the last BRT
The bus holds 55 people.
I'd just like to point out that should those people be saying/thinking incorrectly, a double-decker sightseeing bus holds approximately 72 people for BRT 11
Old Apr 27, 2010, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xanthuos
I'd just like to point out that should those people be saying/thinking incorrectly, a double-decker sightseeing bus holds approximately 72 people for BRT 11
So, are you saying that YOU are going to run BRT 11? How nice of you!
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:43 am

Programs: AS, Hyatt
Hi Dan. Can you please add a +1 for me?

I put a check in the mail for both of us today. Thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2010, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL:Diamond, United:1P, Continental: Plat, HH:Gold, SPG:Gold
coney island

Are we still going out to Coney Island? I thought i remembered someone mentioning it as part of the tour. I've been to nyc a gazillion times but never have been there.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 6:45 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by jenniparks
Are we still going out to Coney Island? I thought i remembered someone mentioning it as part of the tour. I've been to nyc a gazillion times but never have been there.
+1
Old Apr 29, 2010, 8:26 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by jenniparks
+1. Nathan's for breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.