Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 12, 2020, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ukinny2000
The Radisson Blu Resort Maldives opened in 2020.

Reward nights cost 70,000 points per night, and book into the base room, which is an Overwater Villa with Private Pool. As of September 2020 the reward nights come with free breakfast.

You can email [email protected] to request upgrade packages, which are currently as follows, as of September 2020:

Meal Plans

Bed and Breakfast <<< This is the plan that award nights currently book into
  • Inclusions
    • Breakfast at our main restaurant, Raha, served as a buffet
    • Beverages not included except for drinks offered as part of the breakfast buffet
  • Cost
    • < 2 yrs : no charge
    • 2 - 11.99 yrs : included in rate
    • 12+ : included in rate
Half Board with Soft Beverages
  • Inclusions
    • Breakfast at our main restaurant, Raha, served in buffet style· Dine around Dinner with option of 3 restaurants:
    • Option 1, our main restaurant, Raha served in buffet style
    • Option 2, at Eats & Beats a la carte restaurant [for selection from set menu]
    • Option 3, Crusoe’s our poolside outlet on the Adult island [for selection from set menu]
    • · Soft beverages and water included during meal times only in all three dine around outlets - Raha, Eats & Beats and Crusoe's

· OR USD 30 credit per adult per day for dinner across all outlets except Raha, if the buffet dinner is not taken at Raha (not applicable on beverages | not applicable for kids). Depends on operational day of the outlets.
  • Cost
    • ​​​​​​​< 2 yrs : no charge
    • 2 - 11.99 yrs : USD 30.00 per child per night
    • 12+ : USD 60.00 per person per night

Full Board with Soft Beverages
  • ​​​​​​​Inclusions
    • Breakfast, dinner served in buffet style and Lunch served in semi buffet-a la carte at our main restaurant, Raha

· Dine around Dinner with option of 3 restaurants:
    • Option 1, our main restaurant, Raha served in buffet style
    • Option 2, at Eats & Beats a la carte restaurant [for selection from set menu]
    • Option 3, Crusoe’s our poolside outlet on the Adult island [for selection from set menu]
    • · Soft beverages and water included during meal times only in all three dine around outlets Raha, Eats & Beats and Crusoe's

· OR USD 30 credit per adult per day for dinner across all outlets except Raha, if the buffet dinner is not taken at Raha (not applicable on beverages | not applicable for kids). Depends on operational day of the outlets.
  • ​​​​​​​Cost
    • ​​​​​​​< 2 yrs : no charge
    • 2 - 11.99 yrs : USD 50.00 per child per night
    • 12+ : USD 100.00 per person per night

The rates are subject to 10% service charge and 12% goods and services tax.

All guests occupying the same room should be on the same meal plan and for the entire duration of the stay.

Above credit cannot be accumulated, transferred or exchanged. This credit must be used per meal, that means only during the specific meal times as per the package. [example: credit benefit for lunch cannot be used for dinner or next day].

This benefit is extended per person per night basis as a dine around option should the guests don’t wish to dine in the main restaurant throughout their stay.

Buffets at Raha are currently suspended and as such only set menus are offered due to the ongoing pandemic and social distancing guidelines. They do plan to resume the buffet once the situation has improved. Furthermore, their chefs can additional options once you are at the resort should the set menu fall short for you.
​​​​​​​

The resort provides unlimited complimentary in-house mineralized bottled water in the villa.

Cribs are provided free-of-charge, just make sure to reserve in advance of arrival.

Menus & Information

​​​​​​​To view the menus from the Dive and Watersports Center visit: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...8SWoiqhM5j8zBI

To view the menus from the restaurants and bars visit: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...cySyHNQJXQiQyL

To view the menu from the spa kindly visit: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...akIoByRZXMtbcP

To view more information about the fitness center visit: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zN0X90BkKd3r7WvusYQqFT474p2k7zrw

​​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

New properties in the Maldives

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2012, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A few
New properties in the Maldives

While goofing around I found two upcoming Club Carlson properties in the Maldives. There is even a landing page for one on Radisson.com

http://www.radisson.com/maldives-hotel-mv/mdvmldv

Hulhumale is actually an inhabited and industrial looking island right next to the main international airport. so this may just be a "stopover" kind of place and the Plaza one more of a resort as per the description below

The only other info I can find is this press piece which appears in several places. Does anyone have any further info? I am trying to see what I can find. Sounds like a great way to use the 700k odd points I have amassed since conversion due to last years big promo!

Carlson has signed a second Radisson property in the Maldives.

The US$ 91 million, 281-villa resort, owned by Three K International Private Limited, is expected to open in the third quarter of 2012 on the island of Naagoshi.

The Radisson Plaza Resort Maldives, Naagoshi will feature 182 land and 99 overwater, contemporary villas designed by Hassell, an award-winning, multidisciplinary firm which has been appointed architectural, interior and landscape design consultants for the resort.

Hotel guests will be able to enjoy a variety of dining options, including an overwater Pan Asian restaurant, an all-day dining restaurant, a poolside bar, and a seafood restaurant. The overwater seafood restaurant, discreetly located at the southwestern corner of the resort, will feature paths trailing out onto five private overwater dining pods for couples seeking a romantic dining experience.

Additional resort facilities will include a gym, a dedicated yoga work out space, a large spa with 16 treatment rooms, badminton and tennis courts, an outdoor swimming pool, a meeting and function room, a diving and water sports center, and butler stations.

The resort’s kid’s club concept of learning, exploring, nature and growth will be brought to life through extensive facilities comprising a children’s swimming pool, playground with a sandpit, a games room, a movie and a library corner, and a cooking station.

The Radisson Plaza Resort Maldives, Naagoshi is being constructed on Naagoshi Island, on the northern Hua Dhaalu Atoll and is 45 minutes by sea plane from the Male International Airport.

Carlson has another hotel presently under construction in the Maldives, the 250-room Radisson Hotel Maldives Hulhumale scheduled to open in the first quarter of 2013.

Last October, Carlson announced plans to increase the number of Radisson hotels in Asia Pacific to over 100 hotels by 2015. The Radisson portfolio in Asia Pacific includes 11 other resorts in Australia (Gold Coast), China (Huizhou and Sanya), India (Alibaug, Goa and Mamallapuram), the South Pacific (Fiji and Tahiti) and Thailand (Hua Hin, Pattaya and Phuket).

“The addition of this resort property fuels our Ambition 2015 growth strategy to expand Radisson as a vibrant, contemporary and engaging brand in key cities, resort and airport locations throughout Asia Pacific,” said Simon Barlow, president, Carlson Hotels, Asia Pacific.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:42 am
Original Poster

So I think I found a little more info about the island. Not exactly sure this project is still ongoing since the only info I can find is the January 2011 press release above but hey I can hope and dream.

Anyway I believe this is the island in question, which Bing Maps calls Naguri. Google has it by the Naagoashi name, but I tried Bing because I know for other resorts they have more recent pictures - but neither mapping engine shows any signs of development so far.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&where1...ty=h&encType=1

It looks beautiful and is in the southern part of the Atoll that has the (former Waldorf Astoria) Beach House Maldives. There are currently no other properties in the southern half of this Atoll so this would certainly be a very peaceful location and likely to have good diving (though I think El Nino might have had a worse impact in the northern atolls). Relative to many other places it looks quite a large island which ties in with the large number of rooms they are talking about, as well as a very wide reef. I am guessing the diving along the western wall of that reef in the Nov-April period is likely to be spectacular.

I found it on Bing maps using this more generic but very helpful map here:

http://www.mondomaldive.com/Maps/Haa_Dhaalu.html

From that map you see there is a local airport at Hanimaadhoo and you can find this if you scroll across on Bing maps. And indeed Maldivian (www.maldivian.aero) fly to Hanimaadhoo (HAQ). They have 5x daily flights. So my guess this place would be accessed via HAQ and then speedboat over to the island
Old Feb 28, 2013, 4:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

After digging around, I found out more information about the Radisson property Naagoshi Island. Apparently there are two resorts are being built on this island and there is an even a "tree villa".

"Bermello Ajamil & Partners is bringing the mystery and ancient lore of the Maldives to a new resort on Naagoshi Island. Included will be a 7-star hotel featuring five extraordinary villas. A second 5-star hotel will feature secluded beaches, water villas, beach villas, floating villas, and eco villas which will actually be located in trees. A marine biology learning center and botanical gardens will also be available for research of and education about the sensitive Maldives ecosystems. There will be ample facilities for yachts and helicopters. A state-of-the-art medical center will offer the best of care. Moreover, there will be matchless surprises differentiating The Seven Wishes from any other resort island one will find."

http://maldivesresortworkers.wordpre...-dhaalu-atoll/

http://www.bamiami.com/portal/projec...pId=177&pgId=1

http://holidayplace.co.uk/news/detai...o-open-in-2012

The Club Carlson website says it will be open by December this year so we should see.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by thebluejean
The Club Carlson website says it will be open by December this year so we should see.
The CC page doesn't have many (any?) updates. Makes me think the Dec 13 date is going to slip. Would love to stay here next summer though.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 10:05 am

Anyone aware of an update on these properties?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by nittany987
Anyone aware of an update on these properties?
The Hulhumale property website has just been updated to say the opening day has been pushed back from Nov 2013 to Jan 2015.

http://www.radisson.com/maldives-hotel-mv/mdvmldv
Old Aug 28, 2013, 12:11 am

Unfortunately it looks like the dates have shifted again...

Naagoshi last I checked was Dec 2013, is now Dec 2014
Hulhumale last I checked was Jan 2015, is now April 2015
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
Do you know if there is special opening rates or soft-opening discounts? I have read on some TRs that sometimes hotels offer soft-opening rates as the staff get used to the hotel and start settling in before the official grand opening. Planning a trip to the Maldives for late 2014/early 2015 and I'm trying to find good deals for resorts.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 12:44 am

This has been in the news for long and twice,the dates for the same have been extended by Radisson and i dont see any changes to that trend happening anytime soon.
My cousin visited a hotel close to one of these Radisson hotels the last time he visited Maldives{Nov 2013} and he said by the look of things,it seems it can take more like 3 years and maybe more for the hotel to start operations
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:52 pm

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Any updates in these two CC properties in the Maldives? It seems like these have been "upcoming" for a while with no clear opening date.

I'd really like to use some points out there!
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by merice107107
Any updates in these two CC properties in the Maldives? It seems like these have been "upcoming" for a while with no clear opening date.

I'd really like to use some points out there!
This is what I could find on the website:

Radisson Blu Maldives Hulhumale

Hulmumale, Kaafu Atoll, Maldives, MV | 65116782 | 0 mi / 0.0km from Downtown
Scheduled to open July 2015

Radisson Plaza Resort Maldives Naagoshi

Naagoshi Island, Haa Dhaalu Atoll, MV | +960 7776631
Scheduled to open December, 2017
Old Oct 15, 2014, 8:36 pm

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Thanks! Other than that there doesn't seem much. I am no expert but don't you think there would be more online about a property that is less than a year from opening? More pictures?articles? Idk. Maybe I'm ahead of myself.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 5:01 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Talk about being delayed! The Naagoshi property was supposed to open in 2012... wow! The other property does not offer any of the features you'd associate with the Maldives. I was really looking for something to replace our plans to stay in St. Marten.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 4:00 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by merice107107
Thanks! Other than that there doesn't seem much. I am no expert but don't you think there would be more online about a property that is less than a year from opening? More pictures?articles? Idk. Maybe I'm ahead of myself.
Totally agree. If this place is truly opening in July we should know something more than just "coming soon" on their site.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Sadly I think these "upcoming" properties are what is known as "vaporware" in the IT business

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.