Search

Radisson Blu Cebu

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2010, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Express Centurion
Radisson Blu Cebu

I did a search and nothing came up...

Apparently this property opened several months ago in Cebu - conveniently located next to SM Mall. My father and several friends stayed there several weeks ago at a NET rate of PHP 1080 per night (about $25 USD). The rooms were booked by a local contact in Cebu and I'm assuming its most likely under some kind of contract or corporate rate since their website rates are well over 5000 PHP even for local residents. I am not sure if it’s possible to call and request this special rate but I was told that it is a promotional rate running until the end of December.

I visited the property while in Cebu and while I did not see the rooms, the lobby seemed quite nice (much larger than the Marriott and much better than the Waterfront Lahug).

I spoke to one of the staff that mentioned the hotel used to be a 'Sheraton' but that Radisson renovated and took over several months ago.

I will be staying at the property this weekend and will post a trip report with pictures next week.

around the world
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:47 am

Programs: United 1 k ;Hertz Gold; Marriott Gold; Starwood Gold; Priority Club Gold; BMI Silver
cebu

Been there done that. I had a business class room and it was just gorgeous. I think it is true that they have a promo rate. It is a very nice and convenient property.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by around the world
I did a search and nothing came up...

Apparently this property opened several months ago in Cebu - conveniently located next to SM Mall. My father and several friends stayed there several weeks ago at a NET rate of PHP 1080 per night (about $25 USD). The rooms were booked by a local contact in Cebu and I'm assuming its most likely under some kind of contract or corporate rate since their website rates are well over 5000 PHP even for local residents. I am not sure if it’s possible to call and request this special rate but I was told that it is a promotional rate running until the end of December.

Hi,
May I know how I can enjoy the PHP 1080 per night promo? Is it possible to share the cebu contact?

Thanks alot
Old Jun 11, 2011, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Updated

I stayed here several times over the past few months... Excellent property, conveniently located right next door to SM Mall. Service is good as is the hotel restaurant and the Executive Lounge.

Rates are now roughly $100 USD/night including breakfast. The promo rate previously mentioned was only up until the end of December 2010.

Only major complaint is that the mattress is extremely hard and while I'm told that it’s much better for my back, I don't sleep as well as I do on a Marriott Bed.

around the world

Last edited by around the world; Jun 11, 2011 at 12:51 pm
Old Jun 14, 2011, 1:53 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I was there last month.
The hotel is pretty good indeed.
I stayed there for 3 389,54 Php (Carlson Family and Friends) and got upgraded using my freshly acquired Carlson Silver membership (status match from Hhonors).
I still see a lot of availability at this rate ; obviously it can't compete with a net 1000 pesos but it's still excellent bang for you buck IMHO.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Excellent rate!

Was your rate PHP 3389.54 NET and did it include Breakfast? BTW, what room category were you upgraded to? Were you entitled to use the Executive Lounge?

I managed to get upgraded to a Business Class Superior room previously and it was quite nice!

I also got upgraded to a Business Class Deluxe room during an earlier visit and found while the room was quite spacious most of it was wasted space and the bathroom was about half the size of their regular deluxe rooms.

Frequenting Cebu over the past 10 years, I used to stay at the Waterfront Lahug and as their quality started slipping, I then started staying at the Marriott and now at Radisson Blu. I sincerely hope the hotel is maintained well but I have a strong feeling the quality will go down with time.

OT but I also stayed at the Marriott Cebu recently and found the hotel and the furnishings to be quite old. I asked the GM when they would renovate the hotel and was told renovations were already completed within the past 1-2 years.

Last edited by around the world; Jun 14, 2011 at 2:52 am
Old Jun 14, 2011, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SteamyUncle
I was there last month.
The hotel is pretty good indeed.
I stayed there for 3 389,54 Php (Carlson Family and Friends) and got upgraded using my freshly acquired Carlson Silver membership (status match from Hhonors).
I still see a lot of availability at this rate ; obviously it can't compete with a net 1000 pesos but it's still excellent bang for you buck IMHO.
I'm considering booking a stay on Thursday, June 16th up until the 19th. I see the rate is still at PHP 3389.54 NET. It does not state whether breakfast is included or not. I understand the Family & Friends rate does not earn any points but does it earn elite qualifying nights?

Is it worth it to pay about $30 US/night more to earn the points?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 2:50 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I was upgraded to a Business Class Deluxe room.
I had access to the lounge. Got myself some free G&T's
As for the breakfast, I have no idea since I woke up very late after a night of playing Texas Hold'em at the Waterfront. However I distinctly remember that I wasn't entitled to the 25% on food I usually get in EMEA Radissons.

You still can get some sort of breakfast in the lounge I guess...

From what I can gather from my Carlson Club account, the FF rate nights are not qualifying towards elite status.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 1:01 pm

Radisson Blu Cebu Business Class Deluxe Room

Hi travel friends,

Stayed one night at Radisson Cebu during the first weekend of this month, my review with pictures can be found here:

http://travel.bart.la/2011/11/18/bus...sson-blu-cebu/

Thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2012, 1:52 pm

Pool seems to be nice? How many days you would advice to stay in Radisson? Im considering to ease of the jet lag and stay on the Radisson for 3 nights and then off to Alona Beach / Malapascua, reasonable?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by joorinainen
Pool seems to be nice? How many days you would advice to stay in Radisson? Im considering to ease of the jet lag and stay on the Radisson for 3 nights and then off to Alona Beach / Malapascua, reasonable?

Pool is nice indeed, but wouldn't stay longer than one or two nights, Malapascua is much more relaxing! See http://travel.bart.la/2011/11/21/mal...es-and-diving/ for review and advice on how to get there. Enjoy your trip!
Old Apr 10, 2012, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by bartla
Pool is nice indeed, but wouldn't stay longer than one or two nights, Malapascua is much more relaxing! See http://travel.bart.la/2011/11/21/mal...es-and-diving/ for review and advice on how to get there. Enjoy your trip!
Nice and thanks for your input! Have you been to both: Alona Beach and Malapascua? How would you rate them? There seem to be direct flights from Cebu to Boracay(Caticlan) also. I have been once before in Boracay and i liked it albeit it was full of tourists.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by joorinainen
Nice and thanks for your input! Have you been to both: Alona Beach and Malapascua? How would you rate them? There seem to be direct flights from Cebu to Boracay(Caticlan) also. I have been once before in Boracay and i liked it albeit it was full of tourists.
Haven't been at Alona Beach. Malapascua is more divers oriented, cheaper than Boracay and less touristy. Depends on what your expectations are, but I would recommend to try something new and go to Malapascua.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 4:03 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Any reports on whether this hotel has been affected by the Typhoon?
Old Feb 12, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA platinum, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Been there for 1 week, i paid 3600 php x day for a standard room, i got upgrades to a executive suite, i loved it, very nice room, nice views and acces to the business lounge.

Loved the hotel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.