Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Benefits of a Citigold account? [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2016, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garykung
CitiGold is Citi's premium banking relationship. To remain a Citigold client, maintain a minimum combined average monthly balance of $200,000 in eligible linked deposit, retirement and investment accounts. There is no monthly service fee for accounts in The Citigold Account Package.

Be aware that Citi Wealth Management will not allow any trading of non traditional stocks and ETFs. No leveraged ETFs, no inverse ETFs. Its brokerage service is similar to Chase YouInvest. It is just basic investment service.

1. Click HERE to read a separate thread discussing expiration of ThankYou Points when closing a Citigold account.

2. Citi has introduced Citi Priority with a minimum combined balance of $50K as of November 6, 2016. Those who were no longer qualified under the new Citigold requirement has been downgraded to Citi Priority. Discussion HERE.
Print Wikipost

Benefits of a Citigold account? [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2016, 7:03 pm

CG 50k AA miles

I messaged several times through SM and was told I would get the 50k AA miles. They ended up saying I was not targeted even after they told me I met all terms.

I find a compliant with consumer protection bureau citi responded I wasn't targeted, but decided to credit the miles to my account anyway.

Thumbs up
Old Jul 23, 2016, 7:22 pm

When I first downgraded my CG to basic banking, my login screen still had gold trim and Citi CSR greeted me with "thank you for being a CG member". This was well-known on FT. However, I remember reading that Citi figured this out and the gold trim on my Citi account page was gone. I could swear they stopped greeting me as a CG member in the past few months, but for my last phone call a week ago, the CSR again noted I was a CG member. Are you guys noticing this too?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by silver02accord
I messaged several times through SM and was told I would get the 50k AA miles. They ended up saying I was not targeted even after they told me I met all terms.

I find a compliant with consumer protection bureau citi responded I wasn't targeted, but decided to credit the miles to my account anyway.

Thumbs up
How long it took after filing a complaint?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by mak101
How long it took after filing a complaint?
Less than 2 weeks, as the response is filed with the CPFB electronically.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
When I first downgraded my CG to basic banking, my login screen still had gold trim and Citi CSR greeted me with "thank you for being a CG member". This was well-known on FT. However, I remember reading that Citi figured this out and the gold trim on my Citi account page was gone. I could swear they stopped greeting me as a CG member in the past few months, but for my last phone call a week ago, the CSR again noted I was a CG member. Are you guys noticing this too?

how long did it take you to downgrade? instant when requested online?

I just burned the TYPs that i got after a CFPB complaint and am now wondering if it's worth keeping the checking account open. I haven't decided yet if i will renew Prestige in 2017 yet; waiting for the news of any additional bennies being added.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by garykung
Less than 2 weeks, as the response is filed with the CPFB electronically.
50K in your AA account in 2 weeks of filing? I am on day 7, I hope I can get it before another monthly fees hit my account
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by mak101
50K in your AA account in 2 weeks of filing? I am on day 7, I hope I can get it before another monthly fees hit my account
No. You will get your response within 2 weeks.

Once a resolution is given, it can take additional time for Citi to work with you.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold.
Filed a CFPB complaint on 7/21, AA miles received 7/25!
Old Jul 29, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: Airline independent, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Filed a complaint July 1, heard back in my favor July 11, and I have called every other day and been told "1-2 days", and today I call in and hear it will be 30-60 BUSINESS days. After escalation to supervisor he said "there is a backlog of processing" that is causing this. I am never doing business with Citi again.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:15 am

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Whats the difference between CitiGold and CitiGold private? In the USA Citi private looks to b for those with 25Mn+ in equity with the bank or investable, whereas in other markets CitiGold Private is HNWI's with 1Mn USD liquid.

Is there a CitiGold Private in the USA or just CitiGold and Citi private? Is there any difference between Citi Private and CitiGold Private or just the entry barrier?

CitiGold Private in the UAE: http://www.citibank.ae/uae/citigold/...?icid=AEMMCPC1

CitiGold UAE: http://www.citibank.ae/uae/citigold/...m?icid=AEMMCG1

Citi Private USA: https://www.privatebank.citibank.com
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:13 pm
inY

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Yes. I did a Citigold account churn years ago. Closed a while ago. Now I'm being greeted as Citigold by reps with personal credit card.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
I Got a phone call from CITI wealth management telling me that my account was promoted. I don't know any level beyond CITIGOLD to promote my CITIGOLD to. Is this a sales gammick?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ylord789
I Got a phone call from CITI wealth management telling me that my account was promoted. I don't know any level beyond CITIGOLD to promote my CITIGOLD to. Is this a sales gammick?
No. But it is a practical BS.

There are 2 levels of Citigold - Citigold and Citigold Private Client (or PC). If your existing Citigold has been promoted, your new level will be Citigold PC.

With Citigold PC, you will get enhanced benefits in addition to what you are getting with Citigold. But since Citigold covers many aspects already, I am not sure the higher level will get you anything more.

You do get assigned to a P-banker, instead of a Relationship Banker from your nearest branch.

Last edited by mia; Aug 2, 2016 at 11:07 am Reason: Post split after exporting Citi Priority discussion.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 11:04 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion of the new bank account level called Citi Priority has been exported to a separate thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unced-usa.html
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:00 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
ThankYou rewards bonus for opening Citigold or City Priority account?

We have $160K in cash that I'd like to keep liquid but earn some interest or points. Does opening a Citigold or Priority account with earn any ThankYou points? I'm not interested in using Citi for investing - we have other advisors for that. This would just be a liquid cash account and looking to get some benefits for it. I currently have the Citi Prestige card if that matters (could I get the annual fee lowered if I already have the card?)

Thanks for any feedback!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.