Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Benefits of a Citigold account? [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2016, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garykung
CitiGold is Citi's premium banking relationship. To remain a Citigold client, maintain a minimum combined average monthly balance of $200,000 in eligible linked deposit, retirement and investment accounts. There is no monthly service fee for accounts in The Citigold Account Package.

Be aware that Citi Wealth Management will not allow any trading of non traditional stocks and ETFs. No leveraged ETFs, no inverse ETFs. Its brokerage service is similar to Chase YouInvest. It is just basic investment service.

1. Click HERE to read a separate thread discussing expiration of ThankYou Points when closing a Citigold account.

2. Citi has introduced Citi Priority with a minimum combined balance of $50K as of November 6, 2016. Those who were no longer qualified under the new Citigold requirement has been downgraded to Citi Priority. Discussion HERE.
Print Wikipost

Benefits of a Citigold account? [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA AA DL SW Marriott
Originally Posted by mangoMan
Thanks loudnotes! It looks like if you get this business account, you also get a "free" Citigold personal account, if I'm reading the description correctly. I'll have to stop by a branch and check it out.
Thats how i kept my citigold even though i closed biz acct long time ago
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by travel_mav
Anyone have a promo code for the offer of up to 30k AA miles (Citigold) or 15k (Citibank) accounts? I believe it's targeted
DWBXLFT7VF

good till 3/1/15
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: DL PLT, Hilton Diamond, CX MPC Silver
Originally Posted by ashegam
DWBXLFT7VF

good till 3/1/15
Thanks! Trying to get this added to a recently opened account, which thus far has proved to be a hassle
Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I applied and was approved using the 30k bonus mile offer, but it never asked me for my AA FF number. Did anyone else have a similar experience? How/when do we apply it to the account?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: N/A
Just received an offer for the 40k citi points for a citi gold, 20k for citibank
Old Feb 19, 2015, 1:34 pm

Can someone who recently opend this online comment on the credit card brand they used and if showdup as a CA or not? or point me to a soure with multiple data points on who charges a CA fee or not for funding at account opening.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:15 am
jk2

Originally Posted by JBG89
Just received an offer for the 40k citi points for a citi gold, 20k for citibank
Was it a targetted offer or you call Citi to get this offer?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I applied and was approved using the 30k bonus mile offer, but it never asked me for my AA FF number. Did anyone else have a similar experience? How/when do we apply it to the account?
If you were targeted, that means you have an AA CC and they already know your FF number.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 8:51 pm

Got my card in the mail (side note- this is the ugliest card I've ever seen). How long until they process the initial deposit with CC? The current balance is 0, but I have received the separate letter confirming the deposit amount.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP (1M+), HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
DWBXLFT7VF

good till 3/1/15
Here's a code for 40k TYP if opening a Citigold account

DWBXLFT8MV

good until 3/31/2015
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:33 am

Can someone who recently opend this online comment on the credit card brand they used and if showdup as a CA or not? or point me to a soure with multiple data points on who charges a CA fee or not for funding at account opening.
I just got my card yesterday, and used Arrival+ to fund. I think most of MasterCards show up as purchase.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 11:24 pm

I opened my CitiGold account in branch at the same time I opened up Prestige card in order to take advantage of the lower annual fee, plus the 30K+30K TYP offer for the credit card. I just called in referencing the current promo and mentioned that when I opened my CitiGold account last October, I did not get any bonus and asked if there was anything they could do. Otherwise I would go into the branch to close the account and open a new one for the promotion. They opened a case for me, and got back to me the next day and said that they were going to credit me 40K TYP! I'm pretty stoked right now.
Old May 9, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: aadvantage
Any reason why I couldn't use this bank account to pay off a couple of my Citi credit cards? Not sure, would they accept BillPay?
Old May 9, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by rodg89
Any reason why I couldn't use this bank account to pay off a couple of my Citi credit cards? Not sure, would they accept BillPay?
Paying a Citi CC from a Citi bank account doesn't require BillPay?

It's an instant transfer.
Old May 9, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: aadvantage
[QUOTE=patrick.barnes;
It's an instant transfer.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I'd like the billpay to meet that requirement too, but not having a Citi account before, your answer was very helpful. I appreciate it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.