TYP fixed Flight 20K Jetblue Strategies

Old Feb 28, 2009, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
TYP fixed Flight 20K Jetblue Strategies

While I found some $400 at jetblue but they were not on Expedia. have anyone worked out a good $400 iter? Thanks!
Old Feb 28, 2009, 10:06 am

Make sure to limit your search to Jetblue on Expedia. If you don't, only the least expensive flights will be shown for each airline, and selecting Jetblue after the non-airline-specific search won't retrieve the more expensive flights. On the other hand, with limited search, Expedia shows all flights and prices you can see on jetblue.com.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 12:16 pm

Can someone explain how fixed jetblue redemtion works for tyn points. I have 70k points to redeem and wondering if jetblue would work well for me. So I could buy x3 20k fixed jetblue flights thru TYN, then call jet blue right away cancell and not be subject to fees as one person here said? What kind of credit would then post to my jetblue account? Would it be blue points or dollar value redemption? Would I be forced to redeem future flight for the same person for whom the cancelled flight was for?
Old Feb 28, 2009, 6:15 pm

Buy a 50K ticket to Caribbean and a 20K ticket. Call Jetblue right away. You get $ credit in your Trueblue account. You can use that money to buy tickets for anyone.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 6:29 pm

so If I book a caribian jetblue flight for $1000 and book a domestic for $400, Call jetblue and cancell both flights I will have $1,400 available in credit with jetblue? I presume this is to redeem in 1 year. Can I really book as many future tickets with this credit as I want and issue them to whom ever I want? Do the tickets need to be nonrefundable? I definantly don't want the points being returned to citi/thank you network. This sounds like a great deal if anyone want's jet blue credit since I believe if you cancell within 24 hrs. jet blue doesn't charge a cancelation fee. Can I get confirmation this really works? Thanks so much!
Old Feb 28, 2009, 7:14 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
I don't believe jetBlue will waive the cancellation fee if canceled within 24 hours, but it is $100, less than most other airlines.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA Gold, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, Marriott Gold
Like what many others have already posted, I had success calling jetblue right after booking and they credited my jetblue account with no cancellation fees.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by balderdash
Like what many others have already posted, I had success calling jetblue right after booking and they credited my jetblue account with no cancellation fees.
Would you share your itinerary please?
Old Feb 28, 2009, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by milemission
Would you share your itinerary please?
PMed
Old Mar 2, 2009, 7:46 am

For Jetblue Do I buy refundable or nonrefundable? I'm hoping to be able to cancell right away for jetblue credit. thanks

Anyone care to share there itinerary wit me? TYN prices are taken from expedia right?

Last edited by leif2; Mar 2, 2009 at 8:12 am
Old Mar 2, 2009, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by leif2
For Jetblue Do I buy refundable or nonrefundable? I'm hoping to be able to cancell right away for jetblue credit. thanks

Anyone care to share there itinerary wit me? TYN prices are taken from expedia right?
Nonrefundable. You'll want to get this back as a credit to your trueblue account, not refunded back to Citi! When you call Jetblue, just tell them you changed your mind and would like it back as a credit and waive the change fee.

As for itineraries, check your PM. Good luck
Old Mar 2, 2009, 9:17 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Jetblue Mosaic (past)
Originally Posted by leif2

You buy a nonrefundable ticket through TYN and then call Jet Blue to cancel no later than 4 hours after booking. Just use expedia to find your ticket and restrict the search to Jet Blue only. Good luck!
Old Mar 2, 2009, 11:51 am

Has anyone canceled same day and had jetblue credit applied to jetblue acount? TYN phone rep suggested I wait 4 days to cancel or risk jetblue returning payment to thank you network. I wanted to cancell same day and avoid jetblu cancell fee but not if I risk loosing my fixed fare redemption altogether.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:04 pm

I found $995 iter SFO-SUJ

I found the perfect $995 Iter SFO to SUJ (took many many tries)

PM me if you want it. I also called Jetblue but they say there is no 24 hour or 4 hour rule, they only refund if you made a mistake within minutes or 1 hour of booking.

Also wondering about refunding back to TYP, but seems like Jetblue don't offer that.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 5:13 pm

anyone know if an itineraries with both refundable and non-refundable legs is considered as non-refundable in it's entirety or is it considered per leg basis? It might not make a difference if I can make sure they put it in my trueblue account.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.