Wiki Posts
Search

Citibank (limited) double AA miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2008, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Citibank (limited) double AA miles

Didn't see this one posted - received a snail notice that they've reprised last year's promo of double miles at gas stations, pharmacies, and supermarkets through Jan 15, 2009.

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Oct 28, 2008 at 5:53 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 27, 2008, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum 3mm, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Didn't see this one posted - received a snail notice that they're reprised last year's promo of double miles at gas stations, pharmacies, and supermarkets through Jan 15, 2009.
Wasn't this offer for the CitiBank American Express card?
Old Oct 27, 2008, 7:40 pm

interesting. ill have to see if i get one. this was in the mail i assume?
Old Oct 28, 2008, 3:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Seems to be targeted I never get the targeted offers
Old Oct 28, 2008, 5:42 am

yikes as a new card holder im probably out
Old Oct 28, 2008, 7:35 am

Programs: DL, AA, AK
Originally Posted by magicspot
yikes as a new card holder im probably out
Same here... haven't heard anything about this from Citi
Old Oct 28, 2008, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I have an AA Visa card - it was a real junky-looking mailing, very easy to miss!
Old Oct 29, 2008, 7:48 pm

did the mailing have a code or anything?

Last edited by magicspot; Oct 29, 2008 at 7:49 pm Reason: removed a silly question
Old Oct 30, 2008, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It looked as though it were a general announcement, no enrollment necessary.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum 3mm, Starwood Gold
It looked as though it were a general announcement, no enrollment necessary.
I received both a letter and a "post card" and the last four digits of my Citi AA AMEX card were noted as the card under consideration. I have not received any notification or offer for my Citi AA Mastercard. Not surprising since I use the Mastercard quite a bit and have not been using the Citi AA Amex card at all the last 3 months. Perhaps this would be a strategy for the future.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Didn't see this one posted - received a snail notice that they've reprised last year's promo of double miles at gas stations, pharmacies, and supermarkets through Jan 15, 2009.
I got a 5X miles bonus for gas stations, pharmacies and supermarkets on my CITI AA AMEX card as a retention bonus.

Was going to cancel the card as I already got my 25K for $750 spend bonus, and they offered me the 5X bonus to keep the card...

Disclaimer: It's only good for 12 months, and maximum of 5000 bonus miles, but, does offer a temporary replacement for the loss of my other 5% EDP cards (Citi Plt dividend select reduced to 2% in 2006, and Chase cash plus rewards, reduced to 3% last month )
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:11 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by thehawk75
I got a 5X miles bonus for gas stations, pharmacies and supermarkets on my CITI AA AMEX card as a retention bonus.
I've gotten the offer for 2x, twice, in the last 4 months on an AA Amex card that was canceled 8 months ago.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
if you churn and cancel, this may prevent you from getting such notices however if you churn and consolidate, you may still receive them I have not seen it but yeah if there's a code--or how about this: A way for someone with the letter to scan and email a PDF of it (cutting out your specific name, addy, etc), we could always fax in a copy saying we got it so they could apply it to us too.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 6:50 am

Programs: AA (Gold)
I received a postcard regarding my AAmex this week but did not pay close attention to it; I don't recall it saying anything about double miles.

I just recall it saying something like "you can use your Citi AAdvantage Amex at great places like..."

And I thought to myself, yeah, well no crap I can use it just about anywhere. I thought it was a complete waste of time & money to send a "reminder postcard" - unless it said something about double miles.

Does anyone have a scan of it that they can put up so we can see if that was the same card we received? Mine promptly went into the circular file...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.