Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Old Jan 13, 08, 1:18 pm   #1

Citicards 60 day/ one application policy

Does anyone know if this just applies to one specific type of card or for all citicards? In other words, can I apply for one Aadvantage card and one Thankyou rewards card every 60 days or just one total?

Also are there are any other good citicards I should be doing besides the two I mentioned? I am already doing business versions of each though.
veggie_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 08, 4:14 pm   #2

Programs: AA PLT 2.0MM, Amex PLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie_lover View Post
Does anyone know if this just applies to one specific type of card or for all citicards? In other words, can I apply for one Aadvantage card and one Thankyou rewards card every 60 days or just one total?

Also are there are any other good citicards I should be doing besides the two I mentioned? I am already doing business versions of each though.
It's one per flavor of card... So unless it's the same card, you can have multiple within a 60 day period... Just can't apply for the same flavor of card within 60 days, so AAdvantage and TY are just fine...

Oh, I think I heard there's a 6 citicard limit... Meaning you can't hold more than 6 citibank credit cards at one time...

Also, business cards are every 90 days, unlike personal cards which are 60 days as you stated...
technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 08, 6:10 pm   #3

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
Quote:
Originally Posted by technique View Post
It's one per flavor of card... So unless it's the same card, you can have multiple within a 60 day period... Just can't apply for the same flavor of card within 60 days, so AAdvantage and TY are just fine...

Oh, I think I heard there's a 6 citicard limit... Meaning you can't hold more than 6 citibank credit cards at one time...

Also, business cards are every 90 days, unlike personal cards which are 60 days as you stated...
My experience differs - I only apply for AA cards, and have done as many as 4 cards in a 67 day period - I mix between Visa and M/C versions.

I also hold more than 6 Citicards as well.

Different people have different experiences - so you just have to try and apply. Good luck
forextrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 08, 9:50 pm   #4

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
I got a Professional, then about a month later a Business and Premier Pass Business on the same day.
tev9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 08, 10:17 pm   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by forextrader View Post
My experience differs - I only apply for AA cards, and have done as many as 4 cards in a 67 day period - I mix between Visa and M/C versions.
Good luck
Very interesting, how do you get a Visa option for the AA cards, I seem to only see the M/C version?
veggie_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 08, 7:27 am   #6

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold
There is a current offer for 25,000 miles after $750 in purchases within four months for a CitiBusiness AAdvantage Visa. You can apply at CitiCards.com
AndreaRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 08, 2:39 pm   #7

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Gold
I was approved on 12/21 and today for 2 Citi AA MC's products.
Leisureguy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 08, 9:21 pm   #8
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
i used to be able to get more than 1 card in the 60 day period, but recently around the time their CEO was fired I got rejected and they reason was that i could get only 1 per 60 days. i guess at that time they were increasing their criteria due to the credit crunch. ever since that they have imposed that rule whenever i apply. i guess if they currently don't enforce it on you, don't overdo it.
UA Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 08, 2:32 am   #9

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie_lover View Post
Very interesting, how do you get a Visa option for the AA cards, I seem to only see the M/C version?
http://www.usa.visa.com/personal/cards/credit/visa_signature_apply.html?it=c|/personal/cards/credit/visa_signature.jsp|Apply%20Now#

The above link if for many brands of Visa cards - scroll down to Citibank, and you will see the AAdvantage card. 20,000 miles after $250 spend
forextrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 08, 12:09 pm   #10

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier, *Wood, Marriott Silver Elite
Anyone else who has applied for more than 1 Citi AA Card in the month of Jan and got approved
asiaFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 08, 12:27 pm   #11

Programs: AA PLT 2.9MM
My wife was approved for Citi Amex and Citi MC in January
PDX_Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 08, 1:09 pm   #12

Programs: AA EXP, HH DVIP, SPG Plat
Are the AA cards still churnable (after $750 in purchases)? Do you cancel after 2 or 6 months?
gerald5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 08, 1:45 pm   #13

Programs: AA PLT 2.9MM
I began churning Citi cards last Aug and the sum of all those credit limits is >$56k. The credit limit on my new Amex cards are effected by this sum. I will begin to cancel cards after 6 months which Kaukau suggests in order to avoid forfeiting bonus miles. I think he said B of A was taking back bonuses if accounts were closed in less than 6 months. No word on Citi doing that but I will stick with the 6 month rule.
PDX_Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 08, 3:53 pm   #14

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX_Roy View Post
I began churning Citi cards last Aug and the sum of all those credit limits is >$56k. The credit limit on my new Amex cards are effected by this sum. I will begin to cancel cards after 6 months which Kaukau suggests in order to avoid forfeiting bonus miles. I think he said B of A was taking back bonuses if accounts were closed in less than 6 months. No word on Citi doing that but I will stick with the 6 month rule.
how often do you apply for new cards?
freeloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 08, 4:28 pm   #15

Programs: AA PLT 2.0MM, Amex PLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX_Roy View Post
AFAIK, Citi does not take back bonus miles...
technique is offline   Reply With Quote